YesNoOk

DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie (Read 1409672 times)

Started by Jmorphman, August 31, 2012, 12:01:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#1101  October 19, 2014, 01:45:07 am
... All those casting rumors, it's only going to be a big group shot of "vision of the future", won't it. Or all the heroes of Earth jumping in on a fight for a couple of seconds just before the big bad wins, like a "look at all those good guys all around the Earth USA ready to unite to fend off the mean monster, it's a big world country after all".
At this point, even giving everyone a single line of dialog and 10 seconds of screen time as they show up here and there through the movie, à la Expendable, can't possibly work - it would only make it worse. But hey, they had a Wayne Entreprise satellite show up "as an easter egg" in MoS, so they're  highly likely to do the same kind of "wink" again.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 01:51:15 am by DKDC
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#1102  October 19, 2014, 03:28:37 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
With this movie essentially being Dark Knight Returns I have to assume all these cameos save Wonder Woman are going to be people looking at Batman fight Superman on a TV screen somehow.
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1103  October 19, 2014, 03:37:34 am
That's only one part, not all of the movie. Brainiac is supposed to be the main villain.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1104  October 19, 2014, 03:41:36 am
    • USA
You're confusing it with Justice League. Brainiac is the main enemy for that movie, not this one (although I'm sure he'll cameo).
This time
This time
#1105  October 24, 2014, 08:55:08 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#1106  October 24, 2014, 09:05:03 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
First thing I support in a long, long time about DC CU

#1107  October 27, 2014, 10:11:39 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Jesus Craptastic Christ. 

Rumors are surfacing online about the finer details of The Dark Knight’s battle armor in Batman V. Superman: Dawn of Justice. In a rumor from Batman-News.com, the armor used to combat Superman will take many visual cues from Batman: The Dark Knight Returns’ design. This matches what was shown at San Diego Comic-Con earlier this year. The rumor however, also says that Batman’s armor will be laced with Kryptonite and will fire missiles. While director Zack Snyder has not yet introduced Kryptonite into the DC Cinematic Universe, he teased in an interview last year that the element didn’t not exist.

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/27/batman-to-reportedly-wear-kryptonite-laced-missile-firing-armore/

:wall:
#1108  October 27, 2014, 10:50:51 pm
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
Please, no.  :sick:
#1109  October 28, 2014, 12:50:51 am
  • Haters are toys
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1110  October 28, 2014, 01:15:24 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
There is a very good reason, but I am more interested to see if someone else can come up with it, except jmorphman, he most likely is already thinking of that same reason.
#1111  October 28, 2014, 01:29:57 am
    • USA
Whats wrong with you two?

Why the hell would gender be a criteria for being a good director? You should always pick the best person for the job. So even if you're a better director, you are not qualified unless you've a va-JayJay, yeah, that's not sexist at all.
You're so right, if only they could get more directors like visionary director Zack Snyder, not waste our time with no-name lady directors like Kathryn Bigelow, Mimi Leder, and Michelle MacLaren? I mean, have any of them even won an Oscar?

We all know that a movie about Wonder Woman, first female superhero and feminist icon, really should be directed by a dude.

GOH

#1112  October 28, 2014, 01:33:10 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
You know what they say.

Behind a great feminist superhero there's a great man director.

Or something like that.
#1113  October 28, 2014, 01:36:55 am
    • USA
Think this may be my favorite episode of Gotham yet, can always trust Ben Edlund to deliver.

Oh yes, Wonder Woman b8. I think the goal of choosing the cast and director of a movie should always err on the side of whoever has an interesting story to tell with the character. At this point, I'm more interested in seeing the story of Wonder Woman through a female lens rather than through a male lens. That's boring.
This time
This time
#1114  October 28, 2014, 01:39:08 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You're so right, if only they could get more directors like visionary director Zack Snyder, not waste our time with no-name lady directors like Kathryn Bigelow, Mimi Leder, and Michelle MacLaren? I mean, have any of them even won an Oscar?

We all know that a movie about Wonder Woman, first female superhero and feminist icon, really should be directed by a dude.

whats wrong with you , geeeeez.
#1115  October 28, 2014, 03:04:57 am
  • Haters are toys
I think the goal of choosing the cast and director of a movie should always err on the side of whoever has an interesting story to tell with the character.
Agreed

At this point, I'm more interested in seeing the story of Wonder Woman through a female lens rather than through a male lens. That's boring.

Wait, what? Seriously?

It's called "Gender Equality" boys. Are you people actually trying to justify gender bias? There is also the screenplay, editing and others to consider, the right actress is also a big issue here.

So, if two people produce two different takes on the same character, the ultimate reason wont be the director's vision of the character, their research or their particular style, it's the fact that one of them is a girl.......Nice.
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1116  October 28, 2014, 03:14:20 am
The trick here is that we can all guess what a random director would do. You can imagine all the Oscar-winning directors coming to helm this movie, you can claim all you want that if it's a good director then it can make a good movie even if it's a man, but we now that WB isn't going to do that. We now that the guys WB could bring in are much more likely to do more Snyder-like crap ; it will be generic Man of Steel-like #385752. At the very least, having a woman do it gives it slightly better odds for how well written/presented the main character will be - or at least, better odds that WW (the character) won't be shittily written and super generic and everything.
Also shut up already.
Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:18:01 am by DKDC
#1117  October 28, 2014, 03:19:05 am
  • Haters are toys
At the very least, having a woman do it gives it slightly better odds for how well written/presented the main character will be - or at least, better odds that WW won't be shittily written and super generic and everything.

Better odds? Ha! so you are saying a woman will do a better job, because it's a woman.

Wow man

#1118  October 28, 2014, 03:20:06 am
    • USA
Wait, what? Seriously?

It's called "Gender Equality" boys. Are you people actually trying to justify gender bias? There is also the screenplay, editing and others to consider, the right actress is also a big issue here.

So, if two people produce two different takes on the same character, the ultimate reason wont be the director's vision of the character, their research or their particular style, it's the fact that one of them is a girl.......Nice.
Yeah, uh, coming up with a shortlist of director picks and restricting it to female directors (who are a woefully underrepresented group, and that isn't going to change unless steps like these are taken, because things are somehow getting worse for women in film), most of whom are leagues better than the majority of existing superhero movie directors, to direct the first major female superhero movie in ages isn't exactly a problem.

But then again, they could literally announce anything and you'd somehow find fault with it, because it's your entire schtick. Anything that isn't exactly the same as what came before is anathema to you.
#1119  October 28, 2014, 03:22:07 am
so you are saying a woman will do a better job, because it's a woman.
No, dumb shit. I'm saying there's better ODDS (that a woman will represent a woman in a better light). Not that it WILL happen. Obviously there are men who are perfectly able to show women in a good light. But it's just as obvious that these men do NOT WORK AT WARNER. We KNOW the guys Warner would hire for this movie, if they hired a man. And they do NOT do that well, we KNOW that.
#1120  October 28, 2014, 03:24:39 am
It's called "Gender Equality" boys. Are you people actually trying to justify gender bias?

Actually... yes.

One of the central themes of Wonder Woman is to represent females in a positive light. It's not so much about "well a man can't do it as well" or anything to the likes, more than it is "let's have a woman lead the direction of a movie about a superheroine." Makes sense looking at it that way.

Not all concepts involving gender discrimination are inherently bad.