YesNoOk

DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie (Read 1426494 times)

Started by Jmorphman, August 31, 2012, 12:01:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#1121  October 28, 2014, 03:27:46 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Five bucks says Warner Bros Corporate impose so much shit on the movie that having a woman director won't do much to help it be good or successful
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#1122  October 28, 2014, 03:33:00 am
  • Haters are toys
Pffffff!

It's a job interview people, nothing more. It's a job can be done by BOTH sexes, all races and sexual orientations. The key factor is having the skills necessary to do the best job.

Picking someone based on any other factor is the definition of discrimination.

Edit:
Five bucks says Warner Bros Corporate impose so much shit on the movie that having a woman director won't do much to help it be good or successful

Damn right, thank you Roman!

"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1123  October 28, 2014, 03:34:22 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I have no doubts the movie will be terrible, but there's always an off chance for it to be good, I guess, as long as Goyer and Snyder have no role in it. At the very least it will provide a really big, much needed boost to a director's career (save for Bigelow)

although I am hoping they don't grab either Bigelow or MacLauren, cause Marvel needs to grab them for the Black Widow and Captain Marvel movies, respectively >:[
#1124  October 28, 2014, 03:35:40 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Yep, good ep of Gotham tonight, nice cliffhanger keeping that interest up.

That's even odds, but at least it won't be an excuse anymore. Kind of like if the Finches screw up the comic in a few months.

Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#1125  October 28, 2014, 03:38:53 am
    • USA
The interviews with the Finches have been giving off such Giant Size Man-Thing (wait shit wrong company!!!) sized warning signs that I think it's all but certain to be a disaster.
#1126  October 28, 2014, 03:40:10 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
#1127  October 28, 2014, 03:50:16 am
    • USA
The interviews with the Finches have been giving off such Giant Size Man-Thing (wait shit wrong company!!!) sized warning signs that I think it's all but certain to be a disaster.

I think it's incredibly interesting that when we've finally got books moving back quality wise to pre-52 levels Wonder Woman is probably going to be moving right back where she was quality wise as well. Such is life.
This time
This time
#1128  October 28, 2014, 03:54:52 am
  • Haters are toys
 @ Jmorphman

You're right, when you stand back and look at the situation as a whole, it's like we're all looking at victorian 'flying machine' that doesn't stand a chance at getting off the ground, let alone fly properly.

We're all just waiting to watch it crash, dissecting the reasons why it just can't work  :disappointed:

"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:16:35 am by Sky79
#1129  October 28, 2014, 03:57:41 am
It's a job interview people, nothing more. It's a job can be done by BOTH sexes, all races and sexual orientations.
Again, you're ignoring the Warner factor. What you're saying is generally correct - just not in the case of Warner and the DC movies. If this was any original superhero movie with a female lead, done by anyone, no one would demand a woman to direct it just for the sake of having a woman, and a man could very well do fine just as much as a woman - or forcing a woman on it could just as well result in something terrible, depending on those hypothetical man's and woman's talents. Talent would be the only thing we would (and should) care about in that hypothetical situation.
But this is Warner, and this is a DC movie. What you're saying just holds no ground. We know what they'd do.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1130  October 28, 2014, 04:10:14 am
    • USA
I wish I had your optimism.
Well heck, DC's doing pretty well on TV (I guess? I dunno I couldn't get into Arrow at all and Gotham sounds wretched and I was so excited for iZombie but they changed so much and there isn't even going to be any gay wereterriers or teenage ghosts from the 60s so why even look forward to it) without Goyer and Johns!

Wait.

What's that?

David Goyer is attached to a show about pre-explosion Krypton?

Oh. Ohhhhhhhh. Oh no. Oh no no no no no.
#1131  October 28, 2014, 04:15:11 am
    • USA
This time
This time
#1132  October 28, 2014, 04:19:05 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
#1133  October 28, 2014, 04:23:50 am
Flash isn't too great IMO. It's good, it's got the good things that Arrow learned, but it's super corny, with lots of clichés and the awkwardness that goes with it - it went too far in the opposite of the spectrum Arrow started at. In short, it's a bit on the same format as Smallville was at (supervillains everywhere), but it's justified and it works.
Arrow, starting from the last third of the first season, is good and gets better with Deathstroke in season 2 and S3 is fine so far, Flash is nice but it's still walking a fine line for now (it hasn't gone into "too much" territory yet so I'm waiting to see more), and Gotham started on a very slippery slope but it's getting better quickly enough.
And yes, Arrow and Flash are from the CW Network which has nothing to do with anyone in the movies, I don't think the movies guys get to touch those, and Gotham is yet another network.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1134  October 28, 2014, 04:25:51 am
  • Haters are toys
That's irrelevant, it doesn't matter who *stops*  Hmmmmmm

Can you expand on that a bit? What dose said  " Warner factor" mean in your eyes? To me-

The people at DC frankly have no clue what to do with these iconic characters right now, I think they're really just throwing $hit at the wall to see what sticks at this point.

With Warner, 'it is, what it is', they'd have these two play poker for two hours and they'd care less as they know it'll make money, because that's what their bottom line is.
#1135  October 28, 2014, 04:29:41 am
Can you expand on that a bit? What dose said  " Warner factor" mean in your eyes?
Man of Steel, Justice League, thinking Nolan's Dark Knight was the second coming of Jesus and trying to redo the same with their version of Avengers, trying super hard to get in on the Avengers train even years after Avengers came out, and doing all the wrong things (no humor ! dark and gritty ! Batman versus v Superman !) In a word, this entire thread.
I don't really know if those are Warner's or DC's fault, but I'm more saying that to point at the movies that have come out so far. Replace Warner with DCCU in my posts if you think it's more appropriate.
#1136  October 28, 2014, 04:31:47 am
All of this makes me wish I had TV readily available (no cable where I'm currently staying).

Yeah there's tube and streaming sites but I can't fit PC time for it along the hundreds of other things I do.
#1137  October 28, 2014, 04:33:01 am
    • USA
Flash isn't too great IMO. It's good, it's got the good things that Arrow learned, but it's super corny, with lots of clichés and the awkwardness that goes with it - it went too far in the opposite of the spectrum Arrow started at. In short, it's a bit on the same format as Smallville was at (supervillains everywhere), but it's justified and it works.
Arrow, starting from the last third of the first season, is good and gets better with Deathstroke in season 2 and S3 is fine so far, Flash is nice but it's still walking a fine line for now (it hasn't gone into "too much" territory yet so I'm waiting to see more), and Gotham started on a very slippery slope but it's getting better quickly enough.
And yes, Arrow and Flash are from the CW Network which has nothing to do with anyone in the movies, I don't think the movies guys get to touch those, and Gotham is yet another network.

You and me are in agreement on Gotham and Arrow, but this isn't exactly big news. But I gotta say that the corniness of Flash is the best part to me. The Flash is like the poster boy for comic book silliness.

But this week's episode will be the real litmus test, because how they handle Captain Cold is gonna be how they handle the Rogues. And how they handle the Rogues is going to make or break this show.
This time
This time
#1138  October 28, 2014, 04:35:55 am
  • Haters are toys
Well said DKDC, Agreed.
#1139  October 28, 2014, 04:38:09 am
But I gotta say that the corniness of Flash is the best part to me. The Flash is like the poster boy for comic book silliness.
Hm, makes sense. I'll keep an open mind on that then. I felt it was walking on eggs after being introduced in Arrow, I hope we get more interactions between Oliver and Barry to make this "complete". Stephen Amell seems to have a great vision of their relationship, from a recent interview from I don't know which Comicon I saw a few days ago, so I'm looking forward to that.

edit
... well I just started watching Gotham episode 6, and we get a "ten years ago" and younger Bullock was hero-of-justice Gordon and had his own cynical Bullock. ... This is extremely shaky, they're playing a very dangerous game. At least the guy who plays Penguin is great, and the guy who plays... Maroni ? The actor who played Angel Batista in Dexter, he's pretty good too. Worth keeping an eye on, but it's always on the verge of making you roll your eyes up.
Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 05:00:11 am by DKDC
#1140  October 28, 2014, 06:49:27 am
  • Haters are toys
Set Photos

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty