YesNoOk

DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie (Read 1424672 times)

Started by Jmorphman, August 31, 2012, 12:01:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#1161  November 08, 2014, 08:02:56 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, an actual movie title
#1162  November 08, 2014, 08:23:47 pm
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
It's likely he was asked to play Shazam, not the other way. And he refused unless it was a fun movie.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#1163  November 08, 2014, 08:50:38 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time

SNT

#1164  November 10, 2014, 01:27:50 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#1165  November 11, 2014, 01:47:11 am
  • Haters are toys
"She's got the look", and the voice.

I approve
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1166  November 13, 2014, 04:45:42 pm
    • USA
Bland slab of beef Jai Courtney is being eyed for Deadshot; in addition, the role Tom Hardy is being sought was revealed to be Rick Flag, leader of the Suicide Squad, and Will Smith's role is rumored to be... Captain Boomerang?!?!?!

... that's absolutely crazy, but he could definitely pull it off. He definitely needs to have an Australian accent, though.

Aclaimed, two-time Emmy winning director Michelle MacLaren (of Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and Game of Thrones fame) is the frontrunner for the Wonder Woman director's chair. I really wanted her to do a Marvel movie but hey if anyone could make lemonade out of Snyder and Goyer's shitty, shitty lemons, it would be her. :(
#1167  November 13, 2014, 11:21:37 pm
  • Haters are toys
"No weapon formed against you will have any success, and you will condemn any tongue that rises up against you in the judgment"- Isaiah 54:17
#1168  November 13, 2014, 11:24:51 pm
Harley Quinn AND Joker in Suicide Squad? I pray this film never comes to fruition.
#1169  November 14, 2014, 04:31:23 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#1170  November 14, 2014, 04:44:06 am
    • USA
Harley Quinn AND Joker in Suicide Squad? I pray this film never comes to fruition.
wellllllllllllllllllllll

It would work if the Joker wasn't actually on the Squad itself, but I doubt they're trying to get Leto for just a cameo (the only way I could see that happening is if they were planning on using the Joker later on in a solo Batman movie, but there's no room on the schedule probably), it would have to be a meatier role. And heck, Assault on Arkham had Harley on the Squad and Joker as the main antagonist basically, and that worked pretty well!
#1171  November 14, 2014, 05:04:28 am
Yeah, either main antagonist or the third party running interference and shitting up the mission, that can easily work.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1172  November 14, 2014, 05:11:19 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
they are going to ruin this and make him a mentor character.
#1173  November 14, 2014, 05:24:19 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#1174  December 03, 2014, 05:31:39 am
Eyebrows Delevingne being in Suicide Squad makes me want to break my comics adaptation boycott.
#1175  December 03, 2014, 08:38:19 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
So apparently cast is confirmed.... dunno how I feel about Will Smith as Deadshot.
Will be interesting to see how Rick Flag fits in, since he hasnt been featured in any Suicide Squad stories in a long time, as far as remember.

Also.. Boomerang? Really? Why not Captain Boomerang? is it so hard to use their proper names?

Source
#1176  December 03, 2014, 09:13:01 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
the are going to confuse viewers who watch the tv series that have these same characters, DC's live action is all over the place. Also from what I hear, Oprah is their first choice for Amanda Waller :/
#1177  December 03, 2014, 09:20:39 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
That's a horrible choice.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#1178  December 03, 2014, 09:39:30 am
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
the are going to confuse viewers who watch the tv series that have these same characters, DC's live action is all over the place.
I'm pretty sure those same people are then gonna be confused by a black Deadshot.

#1179  December 03, 2014, 07:26:33 pm
    • USA
On the one hand, that was the argument behind the Bat-embargo (when the Justice League cartoon couldn't use any Batman characters besides Batman himself, because The Batman [another cartoon, with its own continuity] was airing at the same time, because they didn't want to "confuse viewers") and that was pretty bullshit because even kids can tell that kinda thing, but live action often does bring up that kind of confusion (like people who thought Batman Begins was a prequel to Batman 89, and whatnot)

Also.. Boomerang? Really? Why not Captain Boomerang? is it so hard to use their proper names?
It's not grim and realistic enough!

That's a horrible choice.
I dunno, I think it's pretty inspired; Oprah's an amazing actor, she could definitely pull it off. Not that there's any chance in hell that it would happen, because I don't think there's a snowball's chance in hell that Oprah will sign on to a superherovillain movie franchise.

Octavia Spencer and Viola Davis are also in the running, and those are also great picks. I'm so glad they're not doing 20 year old supermodel Waller.

Will Smith can definitely do Deadshot, especially if they play up the deadpan humor aspect; Tom Hardy and Margot Robbie are both great, no worries there; I still dunno how to feel about Jared Leto in general so who knows with that; Jai Courtney is pretty awful at acting and I don't know how he's now attached to three fucking action franchises; and I've never heard of Cara Delevingne and she hasn't been in much so who knows with that. Glad they're including Enchantress though, she's great, but they better not kill her! We need a Shadowpact movie, I want to see Detective Chimp on screen. >:[

so uh yeah, mixed feelings all around, like everything involving the DC movies. They've got a mostly fantastic cast and a surefire premise, I really don't want them to screw it up. Suicide Squad deserves the best!

and speaking of mixed feelings all around; Michelle MacLaren (an absolutely fabulous director of acclaimed episodes of Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones, and The Walking Dead) is directing Wonder Woman, and will be directly involved with developing the script. Basically, the best case scenario for this. But... I dunno, I wanted her to do a Marvel movie!
#1180  December 04, 2014, 02:13:34 am
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/demonkaimugen