YesNoOk

.JMC files and MoleBox'd MOOGEN? (Read 13370 times)

Started by Snake, September 21, 2007, 01:02:51 am
Share this topic:
Re: .JMC files and MoleBox'd MOOGEN?
#41  October 05, 2007, 02:51:58 pm
  • Reincarnation of UltraSonic50
And i will concentrate in finding tuts in creating a character using FF
#42  October 05, 2007, 03:10:01 pm
FF mostly handles SFF (sprites), SND (sound), and AIR (animations). Animations for AIR are mostly covered in Notepad but I do CLSNs in FF. (That's just me though)

To make a character for real you mostly need to learn the concepts of coding and how to apply it to make your own attacks and everything. Docs has everything. Trust me it takes a great deal of effort, time and PATIENCE if you're just starting from nothing.

You should go through KFM or a rather simple character and read through the stuff and then consult the docs for anything you don't understand.
#43  October 05, 2007, 04:05:52 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Sorry if it seems like I blew up but I am tired of quality creations being bashed because the AI doesn't adhere to some mythical standard.
But man, most of the newcomers come from youtube, and the only point of "playing" mugen for them is to watch OMG AI fights with loads of FX all over the screen. Therefore, if a char doesn't have any AI, it sucks. Simple as that.

hjk

#44  October 05, 2007, 09:07:05 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
AI doesn't define a good character.  Some people praise Beppu as a creator because of his character's AI but ask most creators and they say he is horrible.  AI is a small part as to what makes a character great.

It is IMHO 60% gameplay 30% graphics and audio 10% AI.

When you download a character do you download to play as the character or just to watch it beat you or other characters?

If part of the reason is to test your skills then you can edit the AI yourself and release a patch.
AI is not important at all when considering character greatness.  Everyone is putting too much emphasis on it these days.  Unless all you do is Watch mode it does not matter.

Sorry if it seems like I blew up but I am tired of quality creations being bashed because the AI doesn't adhere to some mythical standard.  Usually, characters that do adhere to it allow the AI to cheat either by not having it follow restrictions or by giving it combos that are impossible for a human to perform which makes the fight broken and unfair.

If that reply was directed toward me, then this would be my reply.

I wasn't saying that AI defines a char, I was simply saying that Ihoo is praised for his AI, when in fact his Iori is just has a ton a cheap advantages.

Yes, I know what a quality creation is, and sadly, AI does not make any char good. I enjoy 'endulging myself in the beauty that is that  is CCI, PotS, Warusaki3, GM, NHK, the reformed Mugenarok crew, etc.

Yes, I make patches, just because I find it interesting. I'm a just below average creator, but I'm learning.

But, even though I agree, to say that AI doesn't make a char is simply a matter of opinion. It is just as valid as the argument that someone could make for saying AI is everything.

Opinion != Fact  :-\

Sorry if it seems like I blew up but I am tired of quality creations being bashed because the AI doesn't adhere to some mythical standard.
But man, most of the newcomers come from youtube, and the only point of "playing" mugen for them is to watch OMG AI fights with loads of FX all over the screen. Therefore, if a char doesn't have any AI, it sucks. Simple as that.

That's true and untrue.
Over YouTube, most of the people actually play. The funny thing is that most people subscribe to players rather than AI coders.
Yeah, but there are many people that do display that mentality within our community. I don't know if I'd consider it 'a bad thing' persay.

Then again, I'm overly conscious of the whole superiority message that is sent by absolute expressions of opinion.
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
#45  October 05, 2007, 10:37:56 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Well someone did edit mc chris if you guys werent shown this before here you go...
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ryghkdtlavks

And no he's not sharing grrrrr!!!

btw whats with KOFZ can you use those characters in regular mugen and wheres it at, how does it work?... I never tried messin with mugenchina until just recently.
Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 10:54:12 pm by AiRiC

hjk

#46  October 05, 2007, 10:52:08 pm
    • Afghanistan

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)

#47  October 06, 2007, 12:12:07 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
that's fucking stupid though

you put a character out, locked, but when someone does unlock it you won't let anyone else find out how to unlock it so you can edit it to your liking?

*cough*BULLSHIT*cough*

cause of that stupid .zip format i couldn't execute some of his stronger attacks, but i managed to unlock it and edit it so now i can.

i wont send the character, or prog when i find it, but if i find the program that unlocks it ill post the name, so other people can actually use it

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********

hjk

#48  October 06, 2007, 04:57:05 am
    • Afghanistan
that's fucking stupid though

you put a character out, locked, but when someone does unlock it you won't let anyone else find out how to unlock it so you can edit it to your liking?

*cough*BULLSHIT*cough*

cause of that stupid .zip format i couldn't execute some of his stronger attacks, but i managed to unlock it and edit it so now i can.

i wont send the character, or prog when i find it, but if i find the program that unlocks it ill post the name, so other people can actually use it

The funny thing about it is that I bet that there are many people that hope the char will be warehoused right after everything is unlocked.

I might even go as far as saying that someone probably already has warehoused the chars.  :S

#49  October 06, 2007, 06:01:18 am
I don't see how locking it prevents warehousing.

EDIT: So this post isnt completely useless, I don't really care as of yet if someone cracks their compression. None of the characters are worthwhile right now anyway.
If something good comes along, maybe. But not now.
#50  October 08, 2007, 12:05:56 am
i hvaen't really been paying attention to the .jmc characters... I'm enjoying the KOFZ game a lot more... most of the characters are exceptionally well made not to mention the fully Original Alba Meira..... the only downside is they compressed all the damn files into .pla for characters or . sta for stages.....

if anyone manages to get these damn things opened so we can put it in our very own mugen engine it would definitely make things very interesting....

Actjapan , Jin , Ironmugen, and ahuron has done so great work but with all honesty compared to these characters they just seem incomplete.
Hello guys.  I have touched children.
#51  October 08, 2007, 12:26:02 am
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
ynn3k, while a good sentiment, there's a problem with ripping apart a game like KoFZ: The characters would not work right in regular mugen.

And on top of that, cracking it would be a death sentence to the game: MugenChina would pretty much say fuck it until another alternative packaging was available, and this started all over again.

I think though the majority of the stages in the game have been released outside of it by mugenchina, though a few of them are inferior to other versions you'll find online IMHO.

In all honestly, molebox cracking would kill off many full game projects that would rather keep the characters working in a closed sense rather than the free for all of mugen.
Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 12:29:33 am by Kung_Fu_Man
#52  October 08, 2007, 12:40:08 am
while a good sentiment, there's a problem with ripping apart a game like KoFZ: The characters would not work right in regular mugen.
I'm not entirely familiar with how it works.. but I figured that these characters are in a sense "zipped up" of course with a compression program that is unfamiliar to many of us then renamed to .pla but then again it was just a theory.

cracking it would be a death sentence to the game: MugenChina would pretty much say fuck it until another alternative packaging was available, and this started all over again.
true, i'm guessing thats why nobody has really done anything or discussed too much about it .... for now.

I think though the majority of the stages in the game have been released outside of it by mugenchina, though a few of them are inferior to other versions you'll find online IMHO.
again true.... I have about half or more of the stages already.... you've made some great high res conversions as well.

#53  October 08, 2007, 12:57:11 am
    • France
I'm not entirely familiar with how it works.. but I figured that these characters are in a sense "zipped up" of course with a compression program that is unfamiliar to many of us then renamed to .pla but then again it was just a theory.
He didn't mean that. He meant that the characters are made to work in KOFZ only, because they have particular code in it, and special constants which make them playable only against other KOFZ characters.
SO even if you could put them in a regular mugen, you wouldn't be able to play with them correctly because a lot of bugs would appear : infinite combos, wrong cornerpush, bad damage dampener and wrong cancelling, etc.
#54  October 08, 2007, 01:12:16 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
...Alba? Where?
#55  October 08, 2007, 01:16:35 am
    • France
It's a hidden character that is so hard to find that even the KOFZ crew never unlocked it. :o
#56  October 08, 2007, 01:18:31 am
He didn't mean that. He meant that the characters are made to work in KOFZ only, because they have particular code in it, and special constants which make them playable only against other KOFZ characters.
SO even if you could put them in a regular mugen, you wouldn't be able to play with them correctly because a lot of bugs would appear : infinite combos, wrong cornerpush, bad damage dampener and wrong cancelling, etc.
& i didn't mean that I needed a translator... I was just giving my opinion.

...Alba? Where?
#57  October 08, 2007, 01:19:39 am
  • FISSION MAILED
    • mugenguild.com/snake/
i don't mind if its the KOFZ characters: those guys were made specifically for a full game project, and released for the full game KOFZ.

the .jmc characters weren't made for a full game: they are for any mugen. to release them in such a format is just stupid, and a sign that they are possibly getting a bit of the 'elitist' attitude. if they were for a full game, i wouldn't care, and wouldn't crack them: i'd just go and DL the full game.

...but they are not for a full game, thats my point. if i put a charcter into my muge, you bet your ass i am going to do what i want to that character so it fits with my preference for my mugen...

4/27/09 - Nameless V1 Released
*********Current Projects on Temp. Hold*********
#58  October 08, 2007, 01:21:12 am
    • China
    • http://vans.trinitymugen.net/
i care

ynn3K: !!!
#59  October 08, 2007, 01:24:15 am
sorry but I'm completely lost with your last reply vans.... care to use words in ways that would make sense?
#60  October 08, 2007, 01:27:27 am
    • France
In other words : where did you find alba meira ? Is it a heavy WIP or was it already released. Anyway, it isn't in their official release thread (070613 beta).