YesNoOk

Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out) (Read 2837345 times)

Started by Iced, July 15, 2012, 03:54:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe: THE END (until the next movie comes out)
#3841  September 01, 2019, 07:31:57 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Probably good to keep in mind none of the movies (or TV shows for that matter) has come anywhere near a direct adaptation of any particular comics storyline, even if they share the same title as something from the comics. At most they'll just take the basic concept of a storyline and then do their own thing. The Winter Soldier is the closest they've gotten to a direct adaptation of anything and even there, they just grabbed a few of the most famous lines and the most basic idea of the plot (Bucky is alive but also is a brainwashed assassin!), then did something completely different.
#3842  September 02, 2019, 01:06:15 am
  • Hate is just confused admiration.
    • USA
sony could just make spiderman movies that lead up to spiderverse or spidergeddon.

every year new movie new spider man.

I hope Marvel isn't about to jump the shark. Not excited for Ms Marvel at all, never liked her and even worse Jane Thor is coming along for the ride. On the bright side Moon Knight, She Hulk and Blade. Sam as Cap wasn't great but having winter soldier with him may help. I get less excited about Eternals the more that comes out. Now supposedly America Chavez is maybe coming along for the ride

jane thor is actually good what are you talking about. it's a pretty good story and it's a limited deal anyway ... well if they follow the comics which i doubt.

That's why opinions are like assholes, we all have them. I think Jane Thor was pandering, I thought the writing was all over the place and any time you shit on established characters or a entire gender it's just lazy. All to build up a character that we didn't even need. Just to help hype up all new marvel. Build new interesting characters, of course not. Let's just shoe horn people into place. Now, Unworthy Thor was excellent. In my opinion that is. It seems they are trying to head in the all new direction and most of those characters were failures. I can understand why, #diversity which isn't in and of itself bad but it's the way Marvel comics has chosen to go about this.
It's all the same in the end, matter and motion, simple or complex. No difference, finally. Death, transfiguration. Ashes to ashes and slime to slime, amen.

#3843  September 27, 2019, 06:43:19 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#3844  September 29, 2019, 02:27:19 am
    • USA
Well, at least it's been worked out!
#3845  September 29, 2019, 03:02:07 am
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#3846  September 29, 2019, 05:07:40 am
some people might see it as a stunt to bring up hype for the MCU
Like it's not already one of the most hype franchise in modern media and there's still any need to generate more hype
edit - in fact I would say that the drama took hype away from both Sony's Spider-man (because people think it wouldn't be as good) and the MCU (because people who like Spider-man are disappointed). A stunt like that would be really dumb.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 11:58:29 am by Byakko
#3847  September 30, 2019, 02:16:45 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
"No such thing as bad publicity"

Have you ever tried taking a child's toy away? what do you think would happen after you give it back after waiting just long enough for him to throw a tantrum?
#3848  September 30, 2019, 03:39:25 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
There isn't another Spiderman movie for like 2 years though? Wouldn't people forget about this anyway? So the whole publicity makes no sense. I thought it was just the higher ups (sony of japan and disney ppl )who don't really have much to do with the involvement with mcu and spidey who were trying to work out a deal when it fell apart.

I don't see the point of this publicity this early on. Even before pre production etc...
#3849  October 03, 2019, 06:57:24 am
    • USA
Well, here's something else to chew on: apparently after the initial talks fell apart, it really did look completely dead and both sides seemed like they were gonna walk away for good... until Tom Holland campaigned hard for Disney and Sony to work it out, personally and repeatedly checking in with the heads of Disney and Sony respectively to help grease the wheels.

Probably the most in-depth exploration of what was happening during all this craziness, but... doesn't it seem almost too over the top, in a way. Like if Disney was making a movie out of this situation (one like Saving Mr. Banks, which kinda sorta is about the same type of thing), they'd add in a completely fabricated plotline about Tom Holland being the deciding factor in getting all this worked out? And that plot line would climax in Holland delivering a long monologue to the chairman of Sony's film division about the importance of heroes and stories, or some shit, and then pulling out a Spider-Man mask, placing it on the chairman's desk, and leaving, and then the chairman would stare and consider it for several seconds before making a phone call, or something?

... or maybe I'm just crazy and my brain is melting!
#3850  October 03, 2019, 07:47:11 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I'll say option two, ya'll tripping, too many damn marvel movies :p
#3851  October 03, 2019, 04:22:50 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Well, his career was on the line, so I can see him doing that.
#3852  October 03, 2019, 06:26:19 pm
    • USA
He still was contracted for 2 more Spider-Man movies (but they would've been Sony-only), and he's also in a lot of other stuff right now. His career would've been fine! If this story is real, he was coming from a place of passion for playing the character, not just looking out for himself career-wise (I'm sure it factored in somewhat, though!)

I'll say option two, ya'll tripping, too many damn marvel movies :p
Maaaaaaaaaaaaan

Disney loves self-mythologizing! They made a whole movie about this same kinda thing but for Mary Poppins, and that was all fabricated to make Disney look great! >:[
#3853  October 03, 2019, 08:05:01 pm
What I'm picking up from this is that this was back before January (and Disney did dial back their demands from 50-50) and that Sony ghosted Disney probably hoping to see what FFH would do first (maybe that's why there were rumors about them wanting to see if it would hit a billion dollars), but Disney got fed up with waiting and slammed the door before the dollars came out.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.

lui

#3854  October 06, 2019, 07:50:08 pm
    • USA

Tom Holland calling Bob was true after all, wow lol

Timestamp is 7:38
#3855  December 27, 2019, 11:55:51 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#3856  December 28, 2019, 12:34:14 am
  • The Lord of Vampire
  • Member of the Reign of Kreation
    • Brazil
    • guiaugusto20@hotmail.com
    • Skype - guiaugusto20
#3857  December 28, 2019, 01:58:53 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
#3858  December 28, 2019, 02:43:41 am
I don't know if he needs to be retconned into the previous movie. There's just gonna be broken 4th walls and that's that, he might as well just make one joke out of it and be done with it.
#3859  December 29, 2019, 03:42:51 pm
    • Philippines
    • andypetines@gmail.com
We have to wait another year.

sailormoongalaxy said:
I had read on Wikimoon, and I found it grotesque it was so wrong.
#3860  December 29, 2019, 06:58:16 pm
Confirmed ? It's been confirmed since that post-credit scene that it would be SWORD. Also he says Talos replaced Fury since Winter Soldier, that's not confirmed, and it's also not confirmed that Talos came down and stayed there, it seemed like they swapped around a few times, so we don't know who was who when we saw Fury.
Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 07:01:18 pm by Byakko