YesNoOk

Hyper DBZ Majin IKEMEN (Online HDBZ) (Read 131535 times)

Started by TheFclass97, December 27, 2015, 07:04:05 pm
Share this topic:
Hyper DBZ Majin IKEMEN (Online HDBZ)
#1  December 27, 2015, 07:04:05 pm
  • Every night fucks every day up
  • Every day patches the night up
    • Puerto Rico
That's right... Z2's very own Hyper DBZ Majin build has now been brought to you in IKEMEN! What does that mean? Come and check it out:

- A re-creation (almost to a T) of the original screenpack, now ported in the IKEMEN engine!

- Features all of your favorite DBZ chars from the original build with updates, as well as music by WizzyWhipItWonderful!

- And best of all... the dream now realized... ONLINE/NETPLAY SUPPORT! To REALLY show who is the best in fierce HDBZ competitive action!
As well as a replay channel, to view your previous battles and share with the world! (you can also save those replays)

So what are you waiting for?! DOWNLOAD NOW!

Link (MEGA) - https://mega.nz/#!4AoCgIRZ!5OnNFFR6bwpRg7JIr_HpQVwNwrkmvm5lHRPqX5VLjms

Discord - https://discord.gg/jdUT2BW

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Maybe semi-important notes:

Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 03:47:07 am by TheFclass97
Re: Hyper DBZ Majin IKEMEN (Online HDBZ)
#2  December 27, 2015, 07:44:54 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
thats pretty cool I really hope this give this game more attention
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#3  December 27, 2015, 07:48:01 pm
    • Puerto Rico
#4  December 27, 2015, 08:06:28 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Oh man, that's sick! I can't wait to give this a try.
#5  December 27, 2015, 08:32:27 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
I'll likely be trying this out. I just wish the font in the lifebar and the timer wasn't so tiny.

Shit
#6  December 27, 2015, 08:42:05 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
Agreed. I hope I don't sound like an asshole when I say that you really need to do something about the life bar font, it's so ridiculously tiny, it's almost unreadable.
This is a generic forum signature.
#7  December 27, 2015, 08:43:27 pm
    • USA
Looks cool. Will be able to find more discrepancies this way with something as popular as this.
btw the text can be resized by changing a single value. I'm sure you'll correct it.
#8  December 27, 2015, 08:44:51 pm
    • Puerto Rico
I can fix those fonts....
#9  December 27, 2015, 08:46:06 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Well, another nitpick is the character select screen, since the character portraits overlap the rock they are supposed to stand behind. Kind of loses the given effect, so hoping that could be fixed as well.

Shit
#10  December 27, 2015, 08:47:55 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Well, another nitpick is the character select screen, since the character portraits overlap the rock they are supposed to stand behind. Kind of loses the given effect, so hoping that could be fixed as well.

It's kind of the way how IKEMEN treats certain layers and orders. I BELIEVE I can adjust that... I'll make a small patch file for those. Hope you enjoy it anyways...
#11  December 27, 2015, 10:30:17 pm
    • Puerto Rico
UPDATED!!! Patch Link is in the first post!

Changes:

- Adjusted font on character name (decided to ignore the timer, as it wasn't really that small).

- Fixed the rocks in the select screen (now going over the portrait rather than the opposite).

- Adjusted the yellow boxes to go over the portrait (rather than the opposite).
#12  December 28, 2015, 02:19:37 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Hey....what a neat idea.

Thanks for the mention here. I appreciate it.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#13  December 28, 2015, 02:21:51 am
    • Puerto Rico
#14  December 28, 2015, 02:49:24 am
    • Puerto Rico
BREAKING NEWS! PEOPLE HATE MEGA!

Lol, jk. But in all seriousness, updated a link that includes mediafire (which also includes the patch already in). Check first post please... Thank you...
#15  June 20, 2016, 03:40:39 pm
    • Italy
    • anorexic.vampire@gmail.com
thanks a lot man! i just have a question: how do i unlock cyan goku and vegeta? with the "standard" game version i edited the select.def files to have them in the character screen, but i can't find that file now :(
#16  June 21, 2016, 12:57:58 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
They're not meant to be unlocked, they're unbalanced for a reason : to be bosses ! :S
Also, if you modify your HDBZ Ikemen version, you won't be able to play online with other players, unless they modify their game the exact same way too.
#17  June 21, 2016, 04:24:40 am
    • Italy
well it's not like i had that much luck finding online players :D i'm playing with a friend who modified the select.lua file and we're having fun with the cyan guys as well!
#18  June 21, 2016, 11:03:58 pm
    • Puerto Rico
well it's not like i had that much luck finding online players :D i'm playing with a friend who modified the select.lua file and we're having fun with the cyan guys as well!

Welp, guess I know what to update (along with the other few adjustments I'm currently finishing up).

#19  June 22, 2016, 12:18:51 am
    • Brazil
Should I remove selectable Cyan's from the IKEMEN port?It's probably best, no?

Agreed, I also think that bosses shouldn't be selectable, especially in the online port, it's totally game breaking.
#20  June 22, 2016, 01:59:19 am
    • Puerto Rico
Originally, they weren't. But I added them in the chars folder for authentic-ish feel. I'll re-upload the game without them and the patches. Gotta finish them though (but it's coming along nicely from the looks of it).

#21  June 22, 2016, 03:13:47 am
    • Brazil
Got it.

and good to hear the news, =)
#22  June 22, 2016, 03:23:24 am
    • Italy
well i don't understand why, it's not like i'm playing the cyan guys to stomp people online, i'm having fun with a friend playing the game with all its possibilities (yes, we even used satan sometimes), so what's the problem?
#23  June 22, 2016, 03:35:57 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Originally, they weren't. But I added them in the chars folder for authentic-ish feel. I'll re-upload the game without them and the patches. Gotta finish them though (but it's coming along nicely from the looks of it).

We are definitely paying attention to this. It may be a good idea to even give you the next build a bit early so we can have a simultaneous Mugen and ikemen release.
#24  June 22, 2016, 11:22:42 pm
    • Puerto Rico
well i don't understand why, it's not like i'm playing the cyan guys to stomp people online, i'm having fun with a friend playing the game with all its possibilities (yes, we even used satan sometimes), so what's the problem?

It's not a problem. it's just better to not have them on the Ikemen anyways (besides, you weren't suppose to play them anyways since they were made for AI only, and really don't do well with human players anyways).

We are definitely paying attention to this. It may be a good idea to even give you the next build a bit early so we can have a simultaneous Mugen and ikemen release.

K, fam. I'll try :/ Thanks ^_^

#25  June 27, 2016, 07:40:01 am
    • USA
Anyone down to play? Just got this installed and Dl'd tunggle

ROS

#26  June 30, 2016, 08:46:23 am

Some more online sets.
#27  June 30, 2016, 10:29:59 am
  • Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst.
  • 2D Fighting games forever!
    • Brazil
HDBZ is really fun to watch, i wish i knew how to play this game properly lol.
Lasagna
#28  June 30, 2016, 11:42:41 am
I wish I can get in some games with some of you guys but I am from europe...
#29  July 01, 2016, 01:29:44 am
    • Puerto Rico
#30  July 01, 2016, 02:47:36 am
    • Brazil
#31  July 15, 2016, 04:05:50 am
    • Puerto Rico
HOLY SHIT! I UPDATED?! BRUH!!

Yeah, I did it. I updated HDBZ Ikemen. Check first post for new download link. Thank you...

Patch Notes:
#32  July 20, 2016, 06:35:50 pm
    • USA
Is there any way to reconfigure controls in this build?

#33  July 20, 2016, 07:49:39 pm
    • Puerto Rico
#34  July 20, 2016, 08:51:23 pm
    • USA
#35  July 24, 2016, 02:53:32 am
    • Puerto Rico
#36  August 04, 2016, 05:12:41 am
    • USA
    • yohasakura4@sbcglobal.net
Will this work on OS X? Sorry I've never heard of this before.
#37  August 04, 2016, 08:17:34 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Will this work on OS X? Sorry I've never heard of this before.

An OS X? What, like a mac? I just googled it. If that's the case, there are programs which can allow mac's to use .exe files. Suggest googling that, since I don't use a mac. Hope this helps some way :/
#38  August 04, 2016, 08:19:54 pm
    • USA
Yes you can with wine. I have a few users that use mac to play.
#39  November 09, 2016, 12:29:48 am
    • USA
How do you Setup Controller or arcade sticks to this version of the game i have a older one but dont remember where or how thanks
#40  November 09, 2016, 12:37:40 am
    • Puerto Rico
#41  January 02, 2017, 08:47:44 pm
    • michal.mermerii@gmail.com
Guys, are there any plans to update this build with Piccolo?
#42  January 02, 2017, 09:32:21 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Guys, are there any plans to update this build with Piccolo?

The new characters will most likely be added when the new build comes out to coincide with the official builds. It just makes more sense, and Piccolo is still getting updated.
#43  May 13, 2017, 05:36:04 pm
    • USA
So I'm trying to get this Ikeman build going but I gotta be real: It is hell to get pads and sticks configured. I don't know why it can't just be like the official build of the game. I mean what exactly is stopping anyone from making this easy to use? It's not simple at all and makes zero sense considering the official build handles pads and sticks well.

I don't even want to bother with this. The guy in the video doesn't explain shit very well and I find myself constantly have to try to zoom in to his stupid notepad crap. More people would play this if you could just...you know...configure your controller like a normal game? Not trying to sound ungrateful or be a dick but this Ikeman crap is lame man.
#44  May 13, 2017, 05:50:21 pm
    • Puerto Rico
You made an account just to say that? Lol, ok. Well it's not that hard to configure pads on IKEMEN, but I see where you're coming from. The thing is, IKEMEN and MUGEN are 2 different engines. It is possible for IKEMEN to "eventually" have an easy button config mode of some kind like on MUGEN, but it hasn't been implemented yet and honestly, I wouldn't know where to begin (since it's not like the engine has easy documentation on some of it's code). I do plan on making a new and (hopefully) much easier, faster and clear tutorial when the "official" Champ online build gets released (which myself and Rodknee are in charge of). Also, I'm trying to get other things to work in the game, as well as trying to fix engine specific bugs for the characters (and then there's IRL stuff I have to get to). However, I do appreciate your honesty and feedback, and I apologize for the inconvenience. If I could, I would... but like I said, I'll make a better tutorial when the new online build comes out and sort things out until the day where IKEMEN has an easy to do, button config. You just need patience... If you have any other concerns or whatnot, fell free to let us know (you can do so here, but I recommend twitter or discord, so it doesn't flood an already old thread). Anyways, thanks for your feedback.
#45  May 13, 2017, 05:53:53 pm
    • USA
Yeah I did. Because there is no where else to go for matters like this that I could find.

You say it isn't hard, but Ive been trying to get this shit going between Xpadder and Ikemen and it isn't easy for me at all. I appreciate your quick reply I admit I didn't expect one so soon.

I hate twitter so no chance of that happening.
#46  May 13, 2017, 06:00:28 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Lol, I understand... I do think joining the hdbz discord would suit well (being able to reach more players and devs and see cool stuff there). Not to mention, I'm there most of the time, so you kinda caught a lucky break. Any who, the new build is almost done, just gotta do some final touches and possibly new modes. I will make the tutorial as clear as I can without taking too long (I usually play on keyboard anyways). Push come to shove, I can help you on discord. You can find me there and try to help.

Link if interested - https://discord.gg/jdUT2BW
#47  May 13, 2017, 06:01:35 pm
    • USA
I can't even open the config files in notepad because they're some foreign ssz file type.

Oh well, I tried on my own. Maybe I will join that discord. Thanks.
#48  May 13, 2017, 06:07:59 pm
    • Puerto Rico
It's best. If you need technical help with that, I can try to help you personally without having to wait for a video. I would help you here, but I'd hate to flood the forum with messages like that. Plus it's faster.
#49  May 13, 2017, 06:26:24 pm
    • USA
Alright, I joined. Im a bit busy atm, but you'll see me get chatty later. thanks for all your help.
#50  May 13, 2017, 06:51:41 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Same... alright.
#51  May 14, 2017, 10:20:34 pm
    • France
So I'm trying to get this Ikeman build going but I gotta be real: It is hell to get pads and sticks configured.

I hope THIS could help you configuring your controller.
Beware, you could be facing even more "stupid notepad crap" ! :D
- samurais, swords & stuff ? → Another Blade
#52  May 17, 2017, 03:13:05 pm
    • USA
I aware it seems funny, but it'd be better with a gui that is easy to use and you know it. I appreciate the help though. I still haven't gotten things working. The amount of setup ikeman and evolve(evolve in particular is retarded, I click on the join party link in the discord and it tells me its not installed when it is) and mugen seem to take is really fucking dumb in my opinion. The only people that'd be okay with things this way are ones that smell their own farts and think they're some kind of l33t person over what amounts to just editing files. Big whoop. No one really wants to go through such a hassle just to play a video game, sorry welcome to the real world.

Anyway, I should have it up and running at some point but life is busy. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: yeah i do appreciate it but fuck that noise. That is just way too much hassle. This is supposed to be a video game. For fun? I don't want to spend 10 hours in Excel. fuck that
Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 03:21:00 pm by Ryuenjin
#53  May 17, 2017, 03:23:30 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
We understand the frustration but we have no way to currently change it to be easier. With MUGEN it's closed source we cannot make changes to the core engine. Ikemen is open but it seems only a handful know how to change it. And we are not any of those people. It's like a few guys in japan from what I've seen.
#54  May 17, 2017, 03:28:13 pm
    • USA
Yeah I know that. I'm not upset with anyone and I'm not close to giving up yet, but it still sucks. I got the gamepad working but now I can't get online connectivity working. Go figure. It's just a matter of time but its a giant hassle that I'd never be able to convince any of my friends to go through even though they love Hyper Dragon Ball Z.
#55  May 17, 2017, 07:54:14 pm
    • France
"sucks" ? "lame" ? "stupid shit" ? "retarted" ? "fuck that" ?
Let me remind you that all Mugen and Ikemen content is made by fans. For free, for fun.
Wanna talk shit ? Spend your money (or rather your parents' , kid) on whatever and go complain to whoever you see fit.
Wanna get stuff working ? Do it yourself or pay for it. That's "real world" kid. Grow the f* up.

I already wasted too much time. Added to ignore list.
- samurais, swords & stuff ? → Another Blade