YesNoOk

Jill Valentine (Resident Evil) (Read 56371 times)

Started by Sean Altly, January 14, 2013, 08:47:57 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
#41  January 21, 2013, 01:56:42 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
I'd go with the Barry moveset, but replace Burton Charge with the Shoulder Charge as the RDP+K.  Don't want her to rely on Barry too much.  Also, add in Hyper Shoulder Charge as a RDP+S LvL 1 super, giving her three LvL 1 supers.  Of course, this is all my opinion.
#42  January 21, 2013, 02:06:55 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
If Barry was used at all, I'd also consider maybe a counter move for Jill, where if hit, she would go into a fall/crouch animation, after which Barry would essentially come in for backup purposes to help Jill out by shooting at the opponent. Personally I think she's fine without helpers, leave those for a possible EX version as mentioned in the previous posts, imo.
#43  January 23, 2013, 08:18:37 am
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Well, I decided on the non-Barry moveset, but she'll still get a Barry striker once that system is implemented. The moveset I've decided on is this:

UNIQUE TACTIC:

-Evasive Maneuvers - S Button
    -Alpha (Short Hop) - S Button
    -Bravo (Stationary Dodge) - B+S
    -Charlie (Short forward dash) - F+S
    -Delta (Quick Duck) - D+S
    -Echo (Lay down) - DB+S, Hold D Button to stay on ground, release to get up

SPECIAL MOVES:

-Knife Slash Alpha - QCB+P
   Custom knife slash attack, based on an animation I found.

-Knife Slash Bravo - F+P during Knife Slash Alpha
   Follow up slash. Moves farther than the first slash but has more recovery.

-Valentine Special - QCF+P during Knife Slash Alpha or Bravo
   Jill hops forward with her hand stratched out for a blockable grab. If she connects, she performs her Knife Slash throw from MVC2. Decent range, high damage, but long recovery if she misses.

-Receding Slash - QCB+P during Knife Slash Alpha or Bravo
    Does a backwards moving slash to make missing more safe. Basically the Knife Slash throw animation without the throw part.

-Charging S.T.A.R.S. - QCF+P
    Her MVC2 Shoulder Charge. More range and speed than the Knife Slash attacks, but less damage.

-Grenade Launcher - DP+P or K
   Her MVC2 Grenade Launcher. LP or LK is a lower angled shot, HP or HK is a higher-angled anti-air shot. LP/HP are Explosive Rounds, and LK/HK will be Freeze Rounds (since Jill was the first to use them in RE3). Freeze rounds do very little damage, but freeze the opponent.

-Rescue Flare - RDP+P
   Puts down her rescue flare (from her win pose, which won't be used here). Faster anti-air than the Grenade Launcher, but less damage, and the flare travels vertically.

-Return Fire - HCB+K, then P
   Her counter move from MVC2. Pressing P several times after the counter is successful fires her handgun.

-Shotgun Blast - QCF+K
   Uses a shotgun, obviously. I would modify her lower-angled Grenade Launcher animation for this. High damage, long recovery.

SUPER MOVES:

Level 1 - Hyper Charging S.T.A.R.S. - QCF+S
   Pretty much the same as in MVC2.

Level 1 - Arsenal - QCB+S
   Kind of like Chris' L1 from MVC3. Starts with a freeze grenade, then a few handgun shots, then a shotgun blast, then an incendiary grenade, and finally a shot from Barry's hand-cannon (that she has acquired of course).

Level 3 - Rocket Launcher - DP+S
   Fires all 4 shots from the Rocket Launcher.

Download Last Bout now!
#44  January 23, 2013, 08:55:19 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Hmm, part of me almost says to switch Arsenal with Rocket Launcher, but I think it's fine as is either way. I am interested to see how this evasive maneuver UT works in game. Overall I like this fresh take on her, she definitely seems like she'll be an interesting character to play. I will say though, why also have a "quick duck" when you can crouch? it may help simplify things without it.
#45  January 23, 2013, 09:34:51 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
The Quick Duck is like crouching with a frame of invincibility thrown in. At least that's how I have it working now.

I'm doing some in-game testing of her right now, and I am starting to think the Knife Attacks aren't very useful when she has Charginhg STARS, at least not enough to justify a special move for them. Maybe I'll make the first two slashes command moves, like a target combo, and do something else with Valentine Special (the hop into the knife slash throw).

Download Last Bout now!
#46  January 23, 2013, 10:09:56 am
but she'll still get a Barry striker once that system is implemented.
Something I'm not getting is, the striker system will work the same as KoF I presume, meaning you chose your striker among the playable characters ? Will Barry be a special case like the secret strikers in KoF 2000, where you get him if you select Jill as a striker, but choosing anyone else gives you that character as a striker ? Or will each character have their own dedicated striker ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#47  January 23, 2013, 03:24:54 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
That would probably be a better idea I guess, unless you retained charging stars as a move for the possible EX version and gave her the knife instead, but I think your idea makes more sense. The other thing it could possibly be is a follow-up attack, would it work and look alright as a follow-up command to charging stars?
#48  January 23, 2013, 05:22:26 pm
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Each character has their own dedicated Striker. There's a thread about who is getting who as a striker, but it's been inactive so it fell to the second page. Check it out here.

Download Last Bout now!
#49  January 24, 2013, 01:06:33 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
^in relation to that, I didn't want to necrobump it, but who is going to be Gouken's striker? Only possibility I can think of would be Akuma since Ken and Ryu are already in.
#50  January 24, 2013, 03:24:46 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
why not shen long?
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#51  January 24, 2013, 03:35:57 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
^in relation to that, I didn't want to necrobump it, but who is going to be Gouken's striker? Only possibility I can think of would be Akuma since Ken and Ryu are already in.

You can bump it, I talked about necrobumping in the FAG thread. It's a full-game board, so it's fine. I'm actually considering dropping Gouken, because there are too many Sf reps and I really want to include Birdie and/or Dudley later. I'm considering replacing him with someone from MVC2, like Captain Commando, Hayato, Strider, etc. The sprites are there and it would increase franchise representation. The only draw back was that Gouken was new(ish).

why not shen long?

Because Sheng Long isn't an actual character. If I decide to leave Gouken in, I'm considering Retsu or Akuma as his striker.

Download Last Bout now!
#52  January 24, 2013, 03:56:08 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
^That would make sense, if anything he can be an extra character you can make after your main roster is completed. If you haven't started any work on him either then it's also not a big worry, I'd say keep him in consideration if you ever feel like it. I like how you've maintained 1 rep from each game (aside from Ken and Ryu being from SF1), it works, and if you do Birdie then you have a rep for the Alpha saga, and C. Viper for 4 so I think it'll be fine.
#53  January 24, 2013, 03:59:07 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Well, Charlie is an Alpha rep already. I just figure adding Birdie satisfies me because he's a favorite, and adds another grappler to the game.

Download Last Bout now!
#54  January 24, 2013, 04:05:42 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
^forgot about him, that's a good point though, and I think having 2 shoto's is fine, the rest of the characters you've gone with seem good, this does mean however you will have 3 grapplers on Capcom's side being Haggar, Birdie and Alex, as well as 3 on The World side being CM Punk, CM Punk EX and Tizoc.

#55  January 24, 2013, 04:11:29 am
  • Deliverater
    • USA
Don't count EX Punk, I'm also doing John Cena down the line. He'll be DLC like Birdie.

Download Last Bout now!
#56  January 24, 2013, 05:03:29 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I look forward to it, I'll probably be donating something, down the road, towards his completion then
#57  February 05, 2013, 12:02:49 am
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
Finished up her palette set, I'll be uploading the .act files to my mediafire soon, is her name just going to be CvtWJill? I can update my palette patch folder in the process if that's the case too.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty