YesNoOk

Helping Saikoro + Random Portraits Inspired (Read 15794 times)

Started by OG JAGO, June 24, 2012, 01:20:55 am
Share this topic:

Poll

What size portraits should I do ?

120X140
2 (11.1%)
240X280
5 (27.8%)
Both
11 (61.1%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Re: Helping Saikoro + Random Portraits Inspired
#21  July 01, 2012, 03:18:52 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Outside of some odd random jagged edges (Evil Ryu's collar, Akuma's shoulder frills and Sakura's hair) these are pretty good.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#22  July 01, 2012, 05:04:23 am
Outside of some odd random jagged edges (Evil Ryu's collar, Akuma's shoulder frills and Sakura's hair) these are pretty good.
I appreciate the comment Saikoro, I took a lot of time with these portraits there not perfect but I did my best with it.

#23  July 01, 2012, 09:44:38 pm
  • Origin of Darkness
    • www.freewebs.com/demandforce/
Nice!
I don't see any problem with it been post in gif file, we can convert them in Photoshop.

† Today you beg for your life, but one day you will beg me for your death †
#24  July 01, 2012, 10:04:14 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
No worries Razor, you did a fine job.

Nice!
I don't see any problem with it been post in gif file, we can convert them in Photoshop.

Depending on the range of color in your source image, indexing it for Mugen 256 color default can have varied results. So the more colors you have, the more colorloss you're going to experience.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#25  July 01, 2012, 10:17:24 pm
  • Origin of Darkness
    • www.freewebs.com/demandforce/

Nice!

Depending on the range of color in your source image, indexing it for Mugen 256 color default can have varied results. So the more colors you have, the more colorloss you're going to experience.

gif file use only 256 color too, it's not jpg.
when you convert gif to pcx correctly, it should not be any colorloss.

† Today you beg for your life, but one day you will beg me for your death †
#26  July 01, 2012, 10:33:42 pm
  • Deal with it
    • DashiePegasus@Gmail.com
Me likey these. :D
I am a Brony. Nuff said
#27  July 02, 2012, 01:33:58 am

Nice!

gif file use only 256 color too, it's not jpg.
when you convert gif to pcx correctly, it should not be any colorloss.
Thanks for the feedback DEMAN ,thats exactly how I did it, I resized the jpg into 240X280 and use the magic eraser then changed it to gif then after that you said it yourself I convert gif into
pcx.   
#28  July 02, 2012, 01:36:13 am
120X140 will be coming soon
#29  July 02, 2012, 07:35:53 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Razorblade, I've already told my buddy Saikoro about this and I thought I'd let you know as well since you have the drive & devotion to be helping out.

My generated portraits are open source and available to you if you desire to do the resizing.

They can be found at my deviantart page.

Peace.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#30  July 02, 2012, 08:57:43 pm
Razorblade, I've already told my buddy Saikoro about this and I thought I'd let you know as well since you have the drive & devotion to be helping out.

My generated portraits are open source and available to you if you desire to do the resizing.

They can be found at my deviantart page.

Peace.
Thanks for the comment I will most certainly put in on this
#31  July 02, 2012, 10:03:46 pm

Megaman
#32  July 02, 2012, 10:12:58 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Constructive criticism inbound....

MegaMan looks decent upon first inspection, but if you zoom in much closer, your image is plagued with "specks" of darker/lighter pixels and uneven color warmth/lines. You also have remnants of your magic eraser use all over his edges, most notably around his white helmet "ears" and white trim. Note the dark pixels around the white edge. Another noticeable issue are angular lines where it should be rounded, like on his buster cannon arm and hip lines.

The detail Nazi inside of me deems this unacceptable. However, you're just starting out, and therefore your conversion is merely decent for a beginner. Fix up the subtle issues and you've got good work on your hands. More practice will only improve your work.

Very nice art though. I like your selection.

Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 10:17:26 pm by Saikoro
#33  July 02, 2012, 10:14:07 pm
  • Bang Bang!!!
#34  July 02, 2012, 10:17:32 pm
Constructive criticism inbound....

MegaMan looks decent upon first inspection, but if you zoom in much closer, your image is plagued with "specks" of darker/lighter pixels and uneven color warmth/lines. You also have remnants of your magic eraser use all over his edges, most notably around his white helmet "ears." Note the dark pixels around the white edge.

The detail Nazi inside of me deems this unacceptable. However, your just starting out, and therefore your conversion is merely decent. Fix up the subtle issues and you've got good work on your hands.

Very nice art though. I like your selection.
Thanks for the feedback Saikoro I never thought the magic eraser would do that I'll be cautious next time
#35  July 02, 2012, 10:49:10 pm

#36  July 03, 2012, 12:28:19 am
Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 12:38:53 am by Razorblaze
#37  July 03, 2012, 09:46:43 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Dat Akuma looks smexy

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#38  July 03, 2012, 04:09:53 pm
  • Bang Bang!!!
#39  July 03, 2012, 09:26:26 pm
New #40  July 07, 2012, 10:31:58 pm

Posted: August 10, 2012, 09:13:56 am

A Special request from Kojiro Badness I don't know if u want it 120X140 or not I jus did 240X280 let me know if u want 120X140. check out the pics also link is posted  http://www.mediafire.com/?93e3e8sr8d4h69v
Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:13:56 am by Razorblaze