YesNoOk

GokuZ2 [Project] (Read 402646 times)

Started by Balthazar, April 21, 2010, 08:26:39 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Cybalthazar's GokuZ2
#1021  April 10, 2011, 06:14:48 am
Really the way I would've done it was do the Saiyan saga puny ball if you fast charged it, do a person sized Genki Dama ball if you moderately charged it, and a wtfomfgisthat large sized Genki Dama if you charged it to the max. Though, my problem with the move is that there's no setups for it. Only a dumbass would ever let you charge it up. Maybe you could pump super bars into the Genki Dama to make it charge faster? Like, you press lp + lk or some sort of button combination to pump the ball up. Something, I guess.
#1022  April 10, 2011, 06:36:14 am
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Really the way I would've done it was do the Saiyan saga puny ball if you fast charged it, do a person sized Genki Dama ball if you moderately charged it, and a wtfomfgisthat large sized Genki Dama if you charged it to the max. Though, my problem with the move is that there's no setups for it. Only a dumbass would ever let you charge it up. Maybe you could pump super bars into the Genki Dama to make it charge faster? Like, you press lp + lk or some sort of button combination to pump the ball up. Something, I guess.
Ryu and his denjin hadoken would like to have a word with you.  :twisted:
#1023  April 10, 2011, 07:49:01 am
    • Thailand
Spirit bomb thrown with two hands, please. :ninja:
#1024  April 10, 2011, 09:26:07 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
The Genkidama he creates on Kaio's world, as well as the one he uses against Vegeta, aren't huge balls.
May I remind everyone that this is the saiyan saga Goku, not the Goku who fights Freeza or Buu.

@ Cazaki : the gameplay was already thought through, and it seems to be working fine.

@ Rajaa : Lv3 Genkidama will be bigger and be thrown with 2 hands.
#1025  April 10, 2011, 10:50:32 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
But not that little!!! XD At least executing the move with the two hands would look more like the original Genkidama... but is just my personal taste.
This is the original Genkidama  ;D
The Genkidama he creates on Kaio's world, as well as the one he uses against Vegeta, aren't huge balls.
May I remind everyone that this is the saiyan saga Goku, not the Goku who fights Freeza or Buu.
this and
this.

quoting is fun :)
#1026  April 10, 2011, 03:45:06 pm
  • I'm a empty vessel seeking to be filled.
    • USA
But not that little!!! XD At least executing the move with the two hands would look more like the original Genkidama... but is just my personal taste.
This is the original Genkidama  ;D
this and
this.

quoting is fun :)

Ewww a screen shot from Cartoonnetwork (throws up)

You think that Genki Dama is small lol Return of Cooler But yeah I can see it being one handed like before being that it wasnt so big back then
#1027  April 10, 2011, 05:38:06 pm
  • Swan dive into the world
Stop hating on the original spirit bomb.. The one handed approach fits perfect with this character.. Asking for a Super Spirit Bomb would actually ruin him... You guys are asking to overpower Goku and that's not what this project is.. This Goku is designed to fight fairly with other fair mugen fighters.. Goku originally launches the spirit bomb with one hand and that's all there is to it... This is saiyan saga Goku... A two handed launch would mean Frieza Saga and beyond.

And here's one more example of a one handed launch... Movie 3: Tree of Might

#1028  April 10, 2011, 06:42:09 pm
    • Netherlands
I salute you, Trice  8)

Here's my first video showing some Genki Dama fun...Yeah i'm no Rednavi XD
sorry for the editing, or rather lack there-off, kinda having a sick-day :P (on my free sunday, when else?)
Beforehand i'd like to say that these were done in Training Mode (in real combat you'd only have 1 lv superbar left, or you'd have to fight and fight to save up Superbar, since Powering-up is disabled once Gencharge has been commenced. In Team Arcade though your colleage can still power up i believe, but that beside for now)
Also the Lv2 ball projectile WILL be bigger. The Lv3 is not coded atm, so not showing in the video.
Might have a large electrical explosion as shown in the pics of Tree of Might by Trice :)

After watching the vid i can say that he needs more awesome charging effects though :P

So yeah it might not be as epic as some of you'd hoped in appearance, it IS pretty much what I expected and hoped, and is an awesome combo tool.
One other thing i should mention is that i will make a special Gauge for the Genpower.
You can tell by a flash and sound effects that you've reached Lv2 or 3 in the charging process, but you can't tell how much of that power you lose exactly when hit by p2,
so i think i gauge will be neccesairy in this case. Now enough chatter, have fun watching the vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlIqnwkyFgM
#1029  April 10, 2011, 07:15:56 pm
    • USA
Nice video dude! Im loving the SF4 Ultra sound when Goku is charging up the Spirit Bomb.
#1030  April 10, 2011, 08:23:37 pm
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
Also loving that combo at the end of the vid, hope that will stay in the final version.
#1031  April 10, 2011, 09:22:01 pm
    • Netherlands
Also loving that combo at the end of the vid, hope that will stay in the final version.
Who knows, i think so XD
Here's another one, a lot better and more fun stuff ^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfA9oUl88wg
#1032  April 10, 2011, 09:49:07 pm
    • USA
Okay I had some time and I re-did ALL my palettes in paint this time X_X Hopefully now they will work. I wouldnt mind seeing them in action ;P
I also have a New pal inspired by Oni Akuma (Last Palette)

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Also Balthazar Do you plan on making a video demonstrating all Goku's moves such as his normals, specials, & supers?
#1033  April 10, 2011, 10:07:19 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
man this whole project makes me want to make a piccolo in this style :sugoi:
#1034  April 10, 2011, 10:21:49 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
I may sound up just being another noob saying "OMG BEST CHAR +1"

But this could never be a character of the month

...From what I'm seeing this could be the character of the year :sugoi:
Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 10:26:20 pm by ಠ_ಠ 力
#1035  April 10, 2011, 10:23:46 pm
    • USA
Im not agree, Goku shouldn't be able to get power at all during genpower, not even by hitting the enemy.

Also if you want I can make the showcase vid before the release, winmugen runs perfectly while recording in my PC (Something I cant say about the laggy 1.0 while recording >_>).
#1036  April 10, 2011, 10:29:58 pm
    • Netherlands
Also if you want I can make the showcase vid before the release, winmugen runs perfectly while recording in my PC (Something I cant say about the laggy 1.0 while recording [img alt=>_>]http://www.mugenguild.com/forumx/Smileys/mfg/sigh.gif[/img]).
Sure, i knew these vids would make you itch to make your own combos XD But what you said before about not getting power, you have only 1 stock of Superbar to combo with. Ofcourse these combos i made weren't going to make it beyond Training Mode anyway :P
ps. i've been trying one combo for almost 20 mins; Lv2 Genki Dama , combo into Upwards Kamehameha and juggle again with normal Kamehameha; you can see my best try in the combo vid, in the middle somewhere, but i can't say if it's possible yet XD P2 IS Juggleble in that state, it seems the Kamehameha projectile is just a tad too slow.
Gonna try some more. Perhaps you can clear that one, Rednavi XD
Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 10:44:39 pm by Balthazar
#1037  April 10, 2011, 11:02:47 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Im not agree, Goku shouldn't be able to get power at all during genpower, not even by hitting the enemy.
We'll see if it really causes some balance issues.

Nice videos Balthazar. :D Last combo (or just before) of the 2nd video was really WOW, even though it's impossible in a real fight (Genkidama + 4.5 powerbars I think, for a total of 6.5 powerbars ;P).

@ Hien : and how am I supposed to use your palettes if they're all in a single image :???:
You need to open the template with photoshop, click on image > mode > palette. And then edit the palette from there, press Okay, and save the image.
#1038  April 10, 2011, 11:14:51 pm
    • USA
@ Hien : and how am I supposed to use your palettes if they're all in a single image :???:
You need to open the template with photoshop, click on image > mode > palette. And then edit the palette from there, press Okay, and save the image.

My apologies! >,< I thought you just take the colors out from the single image and apply it to the original palette Thats why i saved them all in a single file. Is there a new template? Since I modified the old one by adding those color boxes. I also haven't been keeping up with this topic either.
#1039  April 10, 2011, 11:20:07 pm
  • Swan dive into the world
With each new update this Goku just takes leaps and bounds over other mugen characters..... I've been meaning to ask, for Goku's Chou Kamehameha, why not use Ryu's Shinkuu Hadoken beam from Marvel vs Capcom 2? It seems like a pretty solid beam for Goku in terms of size, shape, and color... I just wanted to know if there's a reason for not using it.
#1040  April 10, 2011, 11:24:54 pm
    • Netherlands
Yeah the second-last combo is way overkill XD Oh some more feedback too while you're here :P
-NO FOOTSTEP SOUNDS YET !!!
-For the taunt, can you make the little clouds animate too, there should be frames for that (just use the growing frames)
-No popping sound for when the taunt cloud breaks, i know you have them  ::)
 Also on the taunt, in the latest version i have the sound effect for the cloud stops in a sudden as he stops the taunt, that ain't pretty!
-The Genki Dama charging DEFINTELY needs to be upped XD maybe you can make it scale up as he charges longer.
 Or the other way around, it grows smaller as he keeps charging, like he has gathered all the energy from the surrounding that's available.
 Or put the SF3 3rd strike supercharge on it :D But that's not loopable, and would look stupid if you kept repeating it. Hmmm.
-I mentioned this before but at the end the Genki Dama projectile ball doesn't have break effects, it just disappears!?  :o Boooo!

I hope you add Meteor Kick, doesn't sound like too much work, and you have all the sprites already :D?

And more combo's i did the combo i talked about in my last post. Just a matter of right distance and a wall :D
Ps i don't know why the quality is so garbage, and too lazy to re-edit, oh well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw5g-AVpUYg

@Trice
Because it's overused as it is. And i like the current fx. But someone mentioined it was too square, maybe we can so something about that
(like adding small parts that are slightly bigger and animate them forward, as if it's a flowing wave...ah whatever xD