YesNoOk

Fighter Factory Studio 3.5.3 (UPDATED June, 16) (Read 938357 times)

Started by VirtuallTek, April 04, 2018, 02:43:30 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Fighter Factory Studio + quick fix
#41  April 05, 2018, 04:36:43 am
  • R.I.P Mugen 1999-202X
    • USA
    • mugen.wikia.com/User:Jenngra505
I actually had a rare glitch of characters not running back in Fighter Factory 3 and I found out it was caused by how the .def was ordered. This bug in the new Fighter Factory might also have to do with .def ordering.
Hopefully someday I'll be able to make the little puffball on my profile pic.
(Sprite edited from Scrollboss' sprite)
#42  April 05, 2018, 05:11:27 am
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
A bit more about the ffs_0 folder problem.
On the character I'm testing, it only copies the last cns in the [Files]...
So, it doesn't matter how I order the files, only the last cns will be copied to the temporary ffs_0 folder.
#43  April 05, 2018, 06:06:11 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Fixed all bugs people reported here.

All bugs related to sprites and palettes comes from the same bug, so I fixed one and all other issues are gone. I'm finishing the fix and will release a patch soon. In the end of the week I will release the full version 3.5.1, with all bug fixes and more adjustments.

Also I noticed it highlights errors when I write “Heavy” as the HitDef type; most flags for hitdefs, it not all, only check for the first letter, so “Hamburger” is also, oddly enough, valid to MUGEN.
FFS will highlight as error everything that's not listed on Mugen docs. If Elecbyte cames back and fix their parser, all "Hamburguer chars" will not work. We know this never will happen, but you got the idea.

When I open my character in FF3, it shows the green checkmark for No Errors Found

When I open my character in FFX, it shows a red X and 13 errors.

2 things:
1. Double clicking an error to jump to it only works if the relevant .CNS tab is currently active. IF possible, it would be great if FFX could also jump to the correct .CNS tab :)  I do see that it shows the tab # next to the error, which does help though.

2. Reviewing the reported errors against the MUGEN documentation, some of the errors are valid, and some are not.

Spoiler: Not Actually Errors (click to see content)
Spoiler: Actual Errors, which were overlooked in FF3 (click to see content)

Oddly, when I fixed the error pertaining to PosFreeze (changing 'y = 0' to 'value = 0'), a number of other errors suddenly appeared which seemed bugged.  When I saved and re-opened my project, they disappeared.

I am also experiencing the same error reported by SolidZone
I found a bug with Fighter Factory Studio. The "Run the current project in engine..." function isn't working as it's keeps not detecting the cns file of any character I load up. Example:

Error message: Can't read file: Constants.cns
Error loading chars/ffs_0/ffs_0.def
Error loading p1

Fighter Factory 3 doesn't have this issue and runs it fine. The cns file is spelled correctly and it's in the character's files. This makes it difficult for me to play test a character without having to run the engine itself. Do you know what's causing this?
Thanks, I will check these.

Minor question, do you guys still have an option to change the colors of CLSN1/2Default ?
At this time no, FFS can support multiple engines so a more generic, engine-independent way of doing things is needed.

I can not do it

Send me the .mdmp file.

Another thing I noticed that is inconvenient. For importing from another project you get 2 options. Replace sprites and skip sprites. There is no add as duplicate numbers option. So when I went to import some fx from another WIP and they shared some group numbers I had no way to import without changing them in the source sff
Do you want to import with same group/index number?

Thanks!
#44  April 05, 2018, 06:12:27 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Yes I do. Thank you!

Also, did I miss the button that toggles the right side window options? The one that changes things so we can sort and scroll through sff, air, and snd files? I couldn't find the button on the Neo default template. I had to go to Classic. But Classic hides a ton of other features.
#45  April 05, 2018, 06:43:15 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Yes I do. Thank you!

Also, did I miss the button that toggles the right side window options? The one that changes things so we can sort and scroll through sff, air, and snd files? I couldn't find the button on the Neo default template. I had to go to Classic. But Classic hides a ton of other features.
OK, I will add this option in the version 3.5.1.

About the organizer, on Neo it's on the editor's toolbar. It's the blue icon with two arrows pointing to opposite directions, or under View Menu -> Organizer.

I will change Qt version to 5.6 on Windows x86 in the next version, so XP support will be back.

UPDATE: BIG FIX added on first post, it solves almost all bugs.

Thanks!
Re: Fighter Factory Studio + BIG FIX
#46  April 05, 2018, 08:13:43 am
    • Brazil
Another problem I saw here was with adding sprites automatically (through the file name itself)
The option works normally when only 1 sprite is added. So if you load a file with the name "5.1" it will put the sprite in group 5 and in index 1 (as it should be)
But when you add more than one sprite at a time the program simply put all the sprites in the same group. I believe the correct would be to detect file by file. If you add the following files "1.0", "20.1", "50.2" at one time, it would add all I their respective groups and index or I'am wrong?

-

Outro problema que vi aqui foi com relação a adicionar sprites de modo automático (através do próprio nome do arquivo)
A opção funciona normalmente quando é adicionado apenas 1 sprite. Então se você carregar um arquivo com o nome de "5,1" ele vai colocar o sprite no grupo 5 e no index 1 (como deve ser)
Mas quando você adiciona mais de um sprite de uma só vez o programa simplesmente joga todos os sprites no mesmo grupo. Creio que o correto seria ele detectar arquivo por arquivo. Se você adicionar os seguintes arquivos "1,0","20,1", "50,2" de uma vez só, ele adicionaria todos eu seus respectivos grupos e index. Ou estou errado?

obs: Não baixei o update ainda. Talvez já tenha sido corrigido. Vou testar agora.
Art by Ilya Kuvshinov - Illustrator and Story Artist http://kuvshinov-ilya.deviantart.com/ - http://kuvshinov-ilya.tumblr.com/
#47  April 05, 2018, 12:38:15 pm
I can't export/save images from the thumbnails tab on the Animations Screen, independent of extension.
It works fine when i export from the Sprites Screen.

I'm new to FF, i just liked the feature in FF3 to get animations into external programs.

I'm on Win7 SP1 64bit. Got the "BIG fix".
#48  April 05, 2018, 12:51:22 pm
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Thanks for the fix regarding the "Run the current project in engine...". Now I can test characters before putting them in my roster. However, I've been encountering a crashing issue with the program. If you have 3 characters open, try to close 2 character tabs while in sprites, states, command, or sound and then view the animation of the 3rd character, the program will stop working and crash. Losing any work or edits if you haven't saved. I did this by accident the first time and I intentionally replicated it using the same method 10 times. I hope version 3.5.1 will fix this bug.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#49  April 05, 2018, 01:21:49 pm
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
The new fix seems to be working great! ^^
From the problems I related here, I think the only one left is the resolution problem.
I'll keep testing it when I get back home (so I can use my 1080p monitor xD)
Great work so far, VirtuallTek o/
#50  April 05, 2018, 01:48:38 pm
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Another problem I saw here was with adding sprites automatically (through the file name itself)
The option works normally when only 1 sprite is added. So if you load a file with the name "5.1" it will put the sprite in group 5 and in index 1 (as it should be)
But when you add more than one sprite at a time the program simply put all the sprites in the same group. I believe the correct would be to detect file by file. If you add the following files "1.0", "20.1", "50.2" at one time, it would add all I their respective groups and index or I'am wrong?
OK, I will check this too.

I can't export/save images from the thumbnails tab on the Animations Screen, independent of extension.
It works fine when i export from the Sprites Screen.
OK, thanks for reporting this.

Thanks for the fix regarding the "Run the current project in engine...". Now I can test characters before putting them in my roster. However, I've been encountering a crashing issue with the program. If you have 3 characters open, try to close 2 character tabs while in sprites, states, command, or sound and then view the animation of the 3rd character, the program will stop working and crash. Losing any work or edits if you haven't saved. I did this by accident the first time and I intentionally replicated it using the same method 10 times. I hope version 3.5.1 will fix this bug.
Checking this, thanks!

The new fix seems to be working great! ^^
From the problems I related here, I think the only one left is the resolution problem.
I'll keep testing it when I get back home (so I can use my 1080p monitor xD)
Great work so far, VirtuallTek o/
Yes, this will require scroll support on the left panel, so window dimensions will not be pushed outside screen boundaries.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing, someone said about opening single file on FFS as argument. This is not supported yet, neither file association.

Thanks!
#51  April 05, 2018, 02:18:28 pm
it's not a big deal but when i am using ff3 i am used to clicking on the numbers in the organizer and it would take me straight to the sprite, animation, or sound but i can't do that it was easier then scrolling through the scroll bar to the left it would be cool if you added that in thank you :)

it works when i add a code in states where i code.

when ever i finish a character and i press the x button next to the characters name the whole fighter factory crashes and close out
#52  April 05, 2018, 03:23:31 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
Having a SelfState in the .cmd causes Studio to think "value" isn't a valid parameter for the controller. Studio also doesn't recognise "velocity" as a valid parameter for Explods, despite Kung Fu Man's wood block using it perfectly fine.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#53  April 05, 2018, 09:21:58 pm
  • Goenith Mhoker
  • POTS Style Big Fan
    • Chile
    • https://www.cvsextreme.com/
Thanks for the BIG FIX for Windows users.

Its solve a lot of problems.
#54  April 05, 2018, 10:02:48 pm
  • Goenith Mhoker
  • POTS Style Big Fan
    • Chile
    • https://www.cvsextreme.com/
I see a error in my Command.cmd that says "Unknown type 'hitoverride' for this block."

Maybe im wrong in something?

Code:
[State -1, Standing Parry]
type = HitOverride
trigger1 = !AIlevel
trigger1 = roundstate = 2 && (statetype = S || stateno = 5120)
trigger1 = command = "fwd" && command != "back" && command != "up" && command != "down"
trigger1 = ctrl || (stateno = [700, 701]) || stateno = 5120
trigger1 = var(21) := 1
attr = SA, AA, AP
stateno = 700
slot = 0
time = 8
#55  April 06, 2018, 03:38:10 am
  • Quien coño te crees que soy!!!!!!
Excelent!

Here's my backup:

windows 64 bits:

- cannot save an edit project
- if adding a rgb image without transparency, it cuts to half the image and put a black block instead.
- it crash after trying to "save as" the sff file

- in the palette edit screen, if open a rgb image without transparency doesn't generate that image palette anymore
- don't have the palette organizer :(

Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 03:44:13 am by elocomon
Re: Fighter Factory Studio + BIG FIX 2
#56  April 06, 2018, 04:46:00 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
BIG FIX 2 on first post. It solves all bugs people reported if I not forgot something.

- cannot save an edit project
???

- if adding a rgb image without transparency, it cuts to half the image and put a black block instead.
Fixed.

- it crash after trying to "save as" the sff file
Can't reproduce. Do you have a sample SFF that crashes?

- in the palette edit screen, if open a rgb image without transparency doesn't generate that image palette anymore
Yes. You should click on Optimized if you want one.

- don't have the palette organizer :(
Will be added in future versions.

Thanks!
Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 05:08:56 am by VirtuallTek
#57  April 06, 2018, 05:05:24 am
    • Brazil
    • thundermugen.com/
Oh!
This new fix works great for me!
I'll let you know if I find any other problem or bug.
For now, great work, VirtuallTek! ^^
#58  April 06, 2018, 05:41:21 am
  • www.virtualltek.com
    • Brazil
    • www.virtualltek.com
Thank you too. Now it's close to the state which should have been since the launch. Everything is a matter of time.
I apologize for the huge amount of issues, I didn't had enough time to finish before April 4th, but no problem. The next minor build (3.5.1) is coming to save the world :D.

Very special thanks to everyone reporting bugs, this way we can fix them all lightning fast.
Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 05:50:22 am by VirtuallTek
#59  April 06, 2018, 06:23:52 am
  • I'm 100% Team OHMSBY now.
    • USA
Just tested the new fixes. I think the crashing is delayed, but I still occasionally get them from time to time. Now it crashes when closing 4 character tabs while in sprites, states, command, or sound and then trying to view the animations of the 5th character. If it doesn't that time, then onwards. I should also mention if you are already on animations instead when closing character tabs and then switch to states, the program will crash that way too. I have so many crash logs on my computer and I don't understand why the program keeps doing this. Right now in my opinion, the program is great for testing finished characters but not so much for making/editing them in it.
I will still do detail and aesthetic feedback for the rest.
#60  April 06, 2018, 07:58:18 am
thanks for the new release!!

i've a question. if i add/modify a sprite and then save SFF, it says it find 50 errors and i've to fix them before save.

in the old FF3 this message's never appeared (in fact i'm still using ff3 right now).

since i have more than 2700 sprites to check, is there a way to know at least which sprites has "errors", so i can try to fix them?

thanks in advance. ;) ;)