YesNoOk

Thanos Edit (Read 9104 times)

Started by shadowhand23, May 01, 2019, 03:25:55 pm
Share this topic:
Thanos Edit
#1  May 01, 2019, 03:25:55 pm
  • Been Burning S#$t since 94
Hey Guys, I'm posting a personal Edit of Thanos that I have been working on and Uploaded to Mugen Archive. There was recently a Little confusion issue, i ran into with another uploader who used certain moves from my edit of Cpoc and Splode's old thanos base. I added tons of new effects and moves that was then downloaded and used as apart of another uploader's Thanos. We worked out a peaceful solution and I am uploading my version as credit was not given to the moves used and hopefully would now be acknowledged.

Below you will find the Links to my edit. As for the patches, W.I.P updates, and patch notes they can also be found on the mugen archive website, under uploader name "Kaiser Phoenix" and I will also try to add them here as well to avoid more confusions, or issues.

EDITED:
Here are the links as well as the patches and hotfix that are listed on the other mugen site, so that you will have the updated version.

Thanos (1.0) ------> https://mega.nz/#!quh3VIjS!s-AjWglpFrBihQKuARcwq-4JheO_QBCmED_ltj2iJHg

Thanos 1.1 ---> https://mega.nz/#!q2pDlIBY!1z5QaqP_gyGlRgzG00scsgi_eNLJ3_0Gkxvg-j-Bk6I

Thanos 1.0 & 1.1 patch ---> https://mega.nz/#!Xnw1RAKT!al4gY4O53L2ChkhSG7fMgrf3yxzPRIBS2FBNpeCR9sM

Thanos Hotfix ---> https://mega.nz/#!mi5RCI7I!7Wi9McuqcIuTSUliZDF-rvI3SH0Eh57NSxAgTGu_O6k

Demo Video #1 ---> https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x77ijfm
Demo Video #2 ---> https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x77in09

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Using the Links, download Thanos according to the version of Mugen you have (1.0 or 1.1)
2. Download the "Thanos 1.0 & 1.1" patch
3. Unzip patch (1.0 or 1.1 whichever version of thanos you have) and copy and paste the files into your main "thanos" folder. Replace all files
4. Download the "Thanos (Hotfix) unzip files, copy and paste contents into your main "thanos" folder. Replace all files

[Super/Hyper Moves]

Power Stone: D,DF,F, x+y

Space Stone:  D,DF,F, a+b

Reality Stone: D,DB,B, x+y

Soul Stone: D,DB,B, a+b

Time Stone: D,D,D, c

Mind Stone: D,D,D, z

Celestial Might (in Air): D,DF,F, a+b

Soul Disruptor (in Air): D,DB,B, a+b

Cosmic Beam: QCF x2, y

Deviant Star: QCF x2, x

Eternal Judgement (Physical/Projectile Counter): QCF x2, a

Hell's Fire: QCF x2, z

Thanos Imperative: QCF x2, b

Cosmic Fall: QCF x2, c

Infinity Retribution: QCB x2, b

Continuum Oppressor: QCB x2, a

Nihilist Nightmare: QCB x2, y

Cease to Exist: QCB x2, x (Finisher, can be done in final round and enemy low on health)

[Special Moves]

Titan Rush: D,DF,F, x (short) y (mid) z (long) range

Death Sphere: D,DF,F, a (slow) b (med) c (Fast) speed

Nebula Crush: D,DB,B, a

Enclave Resist: (Counter) D,DB,B, b

Cosmic Stare: D,DB,B, x (low) y (high)

Chaos Embrace: D,DB,B, z

Teleport: (Ground/Air): a+b

Power Charge: y+b

[Things to Add]

- More Intros/outros
- 2 supers 1 special (Still debating)
- Separation Palettes (Will if I can)
- bug fixes/balances over multiple updates
- More effects if needed

[Known Bugs]

- Music Does not Resume after the super mover "Continuum Oppressor" (Should be fix with the patch update in the links above if installed correctly)
- Some quotes display when fighting the wrong character in arcade mode
- Physical Contact phase of the super counter (Eternal Judgement) sometimes causes Thanos's position to be misaligned.
- Power Charge sound sometimes repeat when out of state. (charge again for temporary fix)

My earlier work used tons of custom p2 states that was causing crazy glitches. Still working on some, and are being rolled out in periodic updates/patches on the archive site and links here when I can.
Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 09:44:52 am by shadowhand23
Re: Thanos Edit
#2  May 01, 2019, 03:45:18 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
1. screenshots

2. shouldn't this go to edits and add-ons 1.0+?
#3  May 01, 2019, 03:54:48 pm
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
1. screenshots

This Thanos plays nothing like the original one, plus much heavier in size (around 250MB or something). I think it's ok to have him post here.

Also, to help OP out, here's a screenshot:

Edit: I got Reaper recorded this Thanos's demonstration, here are the vids (Endgame spoiler?). Since this is quite heavy, it's better for you folks to prepare what is coming:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 05:03:04 pm by Mr. Giang
#4  May 01, 2019, 04:53:09 pm
1. screenshots

Sorry bout that it's been a minute since I posted on this forum. Anyway, here are the screen shots below and also the names of the moves. Also, Thank you "Mr Giang" for the screen, and i'm glad to see we came to our peaceful solution. I just wanted credit for my hardwork and moves. Sorry, but Thanos Imperative and Cease to Exist is mine. I like your rework, but the snap phase I can tell you used from my edit, I know this because I actually recorded myself snapping and then converting it to wav format using GoldWave. I added the little energy pulse for the finger charge for a more dramatic flare. Plus a lot of the sounds, I rip myself personally from MVCI, Which I can tell were also used, which is one of the reasons why my file is big (plus the shit tons of effects I added). I understand that creative minds think alike, so no hard feelings I'm just glad there are more cooler versions of thanos everyone can use now. I wanted to added a few Separation palettes that resemble the "Infinity War" movies know anyone that can help me with that? seeing as this is a ongoing project of mine?

NOTE: I also go under the name "Kaiser Phoenix" on other mugen websites. I've added this information just to clear up any confusion.

Eternal Judgement (Counter)

Cosmic Fall

Infinity Retribution

Deviant Star

Celestial Might

Thanos Imperative

Cease to Exist (Start Up)

Cease to Exist (Snap phase 1)

Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 07:17:29 pm by shadowhand23
#5  May 02, 2019, 02:21:46 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
after he used the time stone super and ran out of time to stop time, the music doesn't resume
#6  May 02, 2019, 02:35:06 am
This Thanos is loaded with cool ideas.. since you and Giang solved whatever was going on maybe you guys could collaborate and combine the 2 versions somehow to make a smaller file size

#7  May 02, 2019, 04:13:31 am
after he used the time stone super and ran out of time to stop time, the music doesn't resume

This Thanos is loaded with cool ideas.. since you and Giang solved whatever was going on maybe you guys could collaborate and combine the 2 versions somehow to make a smaller file size

@drewski - Yes that is a bug that I believe I fixed in a patch. The Patch was uploaded on mugen archive website, but I haven't uploaded it here yet. I plan on doing that later.

@dakidbanks - We've fix the conflict we were having. Basically we both used Cpoc and Splode's old thanos as a base for ours, but he somehow mistakenly came across my Thanos edit (This one) that is one of my ongoing W.I.P for months and borrowed moves, sounds, etc.. and uploaded it to youtube. I stumbled acrossed it, and realized some moves, and animations was only unique and available in my edit, and I just wanted credit for it seeing that certain moves and ideas that was being promoted in his video, originally came from mines. In particular The move "Thanos Imperative" and "The Snap" which I named "Cease to Exist" as well as a couple of start up super and end animations which I pointed out. He gave me credit for it, and helped me above by uploading a video of my edit in the spoiler section, so no problem now. Yeah I've reached out to Giang and asked to collaborate. I am looking for help to make Infinity war separation palettes.

EDITED:

@Mr.Giang, didn't you use "The_None" version for template? I also think you commented on one of my posts on Mugen Archive sometime last year in September on my very first Thanos (edit) upload. I don't have access to that conversation, as it is being under moderation. There was a guy with the exact same name, commenting on my Thanos Edit how good it was, but was trying to divert traffic away from it, towards someone else's character. I investigated further and realized recently, that this guy was banned from that site for bashing other Mugen creator's work and then taking said creator's ideas, etc.. and incorporating them into his/her own work.

If it wasn't you, then be aware that someone could be using your name or it could just be a mere coincedence. If it was you, I forgive you, but others might not so be mindful of whose W.I.P you take from without first trying to establish a connection to collaborate first.
Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 01:15:44 am by shadowhand23
#8  May 06, 2019, 07:33:51 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam

@Mr.Giang, didn't you use "The_None" version for template? I also think you commented on one of my posts on Mugen Archive sometime last year in September on my very first Thanos (edit) upload. I don't have access to that conversation, as it is being under moderation. There was a guy with the exact same name, commenting on my Thanos Edit how good it was, but was trying to divert traffic away from it, towards someone else's character. I investigated further and realized recently, that this guy was banned from that site for bashing other Mugen creator's work and then taking said creator's ideas, etc.. and incorporating them into his/her own work.

If it wasn't you, then be aware that someone could be using your name or it could just be a mere coincedence. If it was you, I forgive you, but others might not so be mindful of whose W.I.P you take from without first trying to establish a connection to collaborate first.

Yes, I use "The_None"'s version as a template. And no, that wasn't me.
#9  May 06, 2019, 08:05:59 pm
i'll leave it at that. But as i stated before be aware that someone could be using your exact name and be mindful of whose W.I.P you use without first trying to establish a connection to collaborate . Thank you for giving credit, that shows you acknowledged our previous conversation.

EDITED:

Also forgot to mention guys, I added vid links above. I forgot to add them between all the other conversations. I appreciate the effort to load vids for me Giang/Reaper, but it's my responsibility to add them.

Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 04:48:40 am by shadowhand23
#10  June 14, 2019, 04:49:56 am
  • 2Lazy2SpriteMoreNova
Man the file size shouldn't be that big and the hit sparks shouldn't look that messy but cool edit nonetheless.