YesNoOk

Black lives Matters VS Toronto Gay Pride parade (Read 3542 times)

Started by Iced, July 05, 2016, 02:44:04 pm
Share this topic:
Black lives Matters VS Toronto Gay Pride parade
#1  July 05, 2016, 02:44:04 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/pride-parade-toronto-1.3662823

BLM Hijacked The toronto Gay pride parade and refused to let it proceed until it met its demands.
The organization that has previously claimed to no longer support the Gay pride parade because of the increase in cops to protect it following the recent attacks on gay people listed several demands that wouldve to be met for the parade to go "undisturbed"

The organization was given the status of Honoured Group for the parade, which is the grand finale of Pride Month. It did not give Pride Toronto advance notice of their planned sit-in.

BlackLivesMatter TO @BLM_TO
I know that we just won. #blackpride

We won, we won, the blm proclaimed after their demands were met.

Alexandra Williams, a co-founder of Black Lives Matter Toronto, told CBC's Natasha Fatah that they held the sit-in because they wanted to hold Pride Toronto accountable for what she called "anti-blackness."

Williams defended the group's actions.

The group had previously announced they would remove support from the San Francisco parade due to the increase of cops that made them fear for their life
http://sfist.com/2016/06/24/saying_theyre_more_afraid_of_police.php
Re: Black lives Matters VS Toronto Gay Pride parade
#2  July 05, 2016, 06:35:56 pm
  • Idea!
    • USA
That . . . that's fucked up.
#3  July 05, 2016, 06:41:48 pm
    • USA
    • Dumanios@yahoo.com
    • Skype - Dumanios
People in Canada afraid of the cops? What? I thought that was just an American thing. What exactly have the cops done aside from protecting a parade that might be subject to attack by a notoriously violent and prominent hate group?

There have been instances of police brutality in Canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/vecqueth-stephenson-violent-arrest-nelson-mandela-park-1.3659583
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/yukon-rcmp-facebook-video-investigation-asirt-1.3637044

Though in this case, I'd say the BLM activists are in the wrong, seeing as how I can imagine why people at a Pride Parade would want some more security.
#4  July 05, 2016, 06:42:49 pm
  • Pixel Animator
  • "I'm done trying with you."
    • USA
Whenever a group does something this incompetent, the message will fade a bit.
#5  July 05, 2016, 07:13:38 pm
the fuck is going on in the americas?
#6  July 06, 2016, 01:18:41 am
Black Lives Matter FURIOUS after Pride Toronto betrayal following gay parade showdown

A Toronto gay pride leader has confirmed that he tricked Black Lives Matter into ending their protest of the Pride Toronto parade, which was attended by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Pride Toronto’s executive director says he signed a list of demands from Black Lives Matter to end the group’s blockade of Sunday’s Pride parade, but has no plans to honour them.

Those demands — which include banning police floats from future parades, as well as extensive funding — are for Pride’s membership and the community to pass judgment on, Mathieu Chantelois told the Star.

A Black Lives Matter representative has signaled that the group is not happy with having been lied to.

“At the moment when Mathieu signed the agreement, he was smiling, he was hugging members of our community, he was celebratory,” Black Lives Matter member LeRoi Newbold said. “It would be very disappointing to find out that his engagement with this political act was disingenuous.”

Adding insult to injury, the gay pride group has welcomed all police, nemeses of Black Lives Matter, to future events. “Of course I want the police to be part of Pride in many ways,” said the Pride Toronto leader.
This is the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny
Black guys, gay guys, and explosions as far as the eye can see
And only one will survive I wonder who it will be
This is the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny
#7  July 06, 2016, 12:37:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
holy shit.

The black lives matters will have to attack them now to keep their street cred, good thing that they have the cops around.

OZ

#8  July 06, 2016, 10:37:17 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
our cause is so pure and just that it demands total and exclusive dedication

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE

my take away from a century of civil rights movements is that we mustn't be fooled into believing that deep under our colors, creeds, and nationalities we are all the same, and that we must denounce the myth that our struggle is one that we could possibly face together
ಠ_ಠ
#9  July 07, 2016, 11:33:28 am
I say let them fight. My money is on the gay guys
#10  July 07, 2016, 06:01:37 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
I'd never thought that there would be a time where I route against an organization for black people, but these guys make my skin crawl.

So if it comes to battle, Go Gays!
#11  July 07, 2016, 08:53:29 pm
but what if you're black and gay?

OZ

#12  July 07, 2016, 10:13:10 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
then you must choose to be one and abandon the other
ಠ_ಠ
#13  July 07, 2016, 10:17:03 pm

OZ

#14  July 07, 2016, 10:30:37 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
ಠ_ಠ
#15  July 08, 2016, 11:08:12 am
  • NYC Bisexual.go pirde+) 2019
    • USA
    • Skype - mikecrazy2004
    • IG
GOOOOOOOOOOO PRIDE>>>>>>>>>>WTF>>>>>>>LOVE IS LOVE>>>>>AM happy to be BI and LIve IN NYc  ..the crazy state but ....... idc. No cops is stopping me..   go me and proud ....        ..........................and word up

that guy up  fuck is going on in the americas?
Love to make friends.....&i'm LGQBT Friendly here. so gay bi. or whoever  pplz is all good. 2 me & welcome.
now            don't Be shyyyy hmu...........if u need help...           

stage ,char, screenpack maker
#16  July 09, 2016, 03:38:10 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I hope you're an alt for DJHANNIBALROYCE, I miss that mufukka so much
#17  July 09, 2016, 03:55:56 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I only occasionally see him on social media. He hasn't been around here lately ;_;