YesNoOk

A Bit Reverse Tournament - Reborn Edition - (Read 50849 times)

Started by Frank_9926, September 05, 2016, 05:32:28 pm
Share this topic:
Re: A Bit Reverse Tournament - Reborn Edition -
#21  September 07, 2016, 11:50:23 am
  • Much Love For Mugen !
    • Italy
    • bortoldo@live.it
#22  September 07, 2016, 07:00:00 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
Your scaling setting for the portraits is way too high imo.
1,1 gives too much blur at the end ingame. I feef sad about it, because the template is perfect! :)
the F12 looks great (with this portrait I made butcher mode): Crisp, but ingame it's definitely blurry.

Test it yourself arcade Player 1.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

A fix would be to set the scale to 0.25 0.25 for P1 and P2 big portraits but also all the others, in order to avoid extra blurr.
But it would mean rebuild the template and remake all the portraits already done.

Maybe you could think about it and the local coord issue and see if it's enough to release an update or something. :)
#23  September 07, 2016, 07:50:45 pm
  • Amateur Writer
  • Basically, I do palettes.
    • USA
Someone needs to make a portrait thread for this. I would love to post my stuff. I got done Dragon Claw and Amingo. Got so much more I want to do.
#24  September 07, 2016, 07:52:08 pm
    • Zimbabwe
well if those issues are fixed, I'll jump on it too.
Let's see how things evolve. :)
#25  September 07, 2016, 08:59:35 pm
  • Much Love For Mugen !
    • Italy
    • bortoldo@live.it
Your scaling setting for the portraits is way too high imo.
1,1 gives too much blur at the end ingame. I feef sad about it, because the template is perfect! :)
the F12 looks great (with this portrait I made butcher mode): Crisp, but ingame it's definitely blurry.

Test it yourself arcade Player 1.

A fix would be to set the scale to 0.25 0.25 for P1 and P2 big portraits but also all the others, in order to avoid extra blurr.
But it would mean rebuild the template and remake all the portraits already done.

Maybe you could think about it and the local coord issue and see if it's enough to release an update or something. :)

Sorry for the wait but now i'm back home, let me understand...  you need a template fix for chars which have localcoord 1280x720 right ?...
#26  September 07, 2016, 09:15:51 pm
    • Zimbabwe
No, not really. xD
Take the portrait I put in spoiler, and test it ingame fullscreen (player 1 in arcade for example).
then compare what you see with the original sharpness of the picture in spoiler. It's blurry but not my picture.
Because of the 1,1 scale you put in the system.def for portraits. :)
I recommend always 0.25,0.25 but if you change it you'll have to rebuild the template from scratch.
It's better explained like that?

Localcoord is another issue non related with mine i think.
#27  September 07, 2016, 09:26:36 pm
  • Amateur Writer
    • USA
Localcoord was an issue that SakuraNeko posted. i know some people like to use localcoords to make their characters look smaller in 720p because some people don't like them so big during gameplay. Personally I say the same but I just use zoom on stages to get the same effect. I'm sure there are other reasons that people use localcoords however.

More screens because I'm bored:

#28  September 07, 2016, 09:27:32 pm
  • Much Love For Mugen !
    • Italy
    • bortoldo@live.it
No, not really. xD
Take the portrait I put in spoiler, and test it ingame fullscreen (player 1 in arcade for example).
then compare what you see with the original sharpness of the picture in spoiler. It's blurry but not my picture.
Because of the 1,1 scale you put in the system.def for portraits. :)
I recommend always 0.25,0.25 but if you change it you'll have to rebuild the template from scratch.
It's better explained like that?

Localcoord is another issue non related with mine i think.

Well this is my system.def...

;Big portraits
p1.face.spr = 9000,1      ;Do not change from 9000,1
p1.face.offset = -640,0      ;Position to put big portrait
p1.face.scale = .25,.25
p1.face.facing = 0
p2.face.spr = 9000,1
p2.face.offset = 640,0
p2.face.scale = .25,.25
p2.face.facing = 0

so what's wrong :(...
#29  September 07, 2016, 09:28:07 pm
  • Much Love For Mugen !
    • Italy
    • bortoldo@live.it
Localcoord was an issue that SakuraNeko posted. i know some people like to use localcoords to make their characters look smaller in 720p because some people don't like them so big during gameplay. Personally I say the same but I just use zoom on stages to get the same effect. I'm sure there are other reasons that people use localcoords however.

Really like what you've done there
#30  September 07, 2016, 09:58:18 pm
    • Zimbabwe
I have this on the system.def:

;Big portraits
p1.face.offset = 18,13    ;Position to put big portrait
p1.face.scale = 1,1
p1.face.facing = 1
p2.face.spr = 9000,1
p2.face.offset = 301,13
p2.face.scale = 1,1
p2.face.facing = -1

I'm not looking at the right place or what?
#31  September 07, 2016, 10:07:44 pm
  • Amateur Writer
    • USA
I have this on the system.def:

;Big portraits
p1.face.offset = 18,13    ;Position to put big portrait
p1.face.scale = 1,1
p1.face.facing = 1
p2.face.spr = 9000,1
p2.face.offset = 301,13
p2.face.scale = 1,1
p2.face.facing = -1

I'm not looking at the right place or what?

You are looking at the default system.def. The one you want is in the ABRT folder
#32  September 07, 2016, 10:12:28 pm
    • Zimbabwe
Ah yes I've found it!!!
Indeed it's 0.25,0.25 in the ABRT folder.
But this system.def in ABRT folder is activated? I don't think so?
#33  September 07, 2016, 10:14:28 pm
  • Amateur Writer
    • USA
Ah yes I've found it!!!
Indeed it's 0.25,0.25 in the ABRT folder.
But this system.def in ABRT folder is activated? I don't think so?

It is for me. From my mugen.cfg:

; Set the motif to use.
; Motifs are themes that define the look and feel of MUGEN.
; This is not accessible in options screen.
; Note: If you install a motif that overwrites system files (not recommended)
; you may need to set the motif line to use data/system.def instead.
; motif = data/system.def  ;Use this line if using a motif that overwrites system files.
motif = data/ABRT/system.def
#34  September 07, 2016, 10:22:01 pm
    • Zimbabwe
Same here..
Well maybe I should have taken another portrait to test, I don't really know.
Thanks for your help SpazMaster!! :)

I'll sort it out, to be sure that it come from this portrait (or my brain). Expect portraits from me too!
#35  September 07, 2016, 10:36:08 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan

I used to use Localcoords on my chars to make them smaller but i switched to just using stage zoom a while ago to get the same effect.

But, some characters REQUIRE 1280x720 localcoord, otherwise they are EXTREMELY huge (im talking going through the top of the stage huge and only seeing their lower body), this is mostly for HD characters.

And im not the only one who uses those types of characters, its just helpful if you include a 1280x720 port variation for those character types.

Its simple to do this by yourself, all you have to do is multiply the port sizes by 4x, but this can be a problem with ports that have text/visual elements already inside of them, thus making them blurry when you quadruple the resolution.

Im also for a port thread for this, i've switched over my mugen to this SP and plan on making ports for my whole (semi-complete) roster, thank god this had enough slots to fill my entire roster.
#36  September 07, 2016, 10:47:00 pm
  • Amateur Writer
    • USA

I used to use Localcoords on my chars to make them smaller but i switched to just using stage zoom a while ago to get the same effect.

But, some characters REQUIRE 1280x720 localcoord, otherwise they are EXTREMELY huge (im talking going through the top of the stage huge and only seeing their lower body), this is mostly for HD characters.

And im not the only one who uses those types of characters, its just helpful if you include a 1280x720 port variation for those character types.

Its simple to do this by yourself, all you have to do is multiply the port sizes by 4x, but this can be a problem with ports that have text/visual elements already inside of them, thus making them blurry when you quadruple the resolution.

Im also for a port thread for this, i've switched over my mugen to this SP and plan on making ports for my whole (semi-complete) roster, thank god this had enough slots to fill my entire roster.

And i'm guessing that if you remove the localcoord and resize the character in the CNS file the effects are all huge as well right?
#37  September 07, 2016, 11:00:48 pm
  • Amateur Writer
    • USA
Same here..

I'll sort it out, to be sure that it come from this portrait (or my brain). Expect portraits from me too!

Tried it myself in fullscreen and yes it is blurry. But that's because this is a 720p screenpack not a 1080p screenpack. :P

Here is a screenshot:

#38  September 07, 2016, 11:15:06 pm
  • Much Love For Mugen !
    • Italy
    • bortoldo@live.it
Same here..

Glad you resolved your problem  :neutral:

I'm happy that you're enjoing the sp and it fill your roster.... for the 1280x720 localcoord i'm thinking about a solution so maybe tomorrow or the day after, i'll build a template for the case
#39  September 07, 2016, 11:58:48 pm
  • ★ Graphical Enthusiast ★
    • Japan
I absolutely love this SP, love the port design.

#40  September 08, 2016, 12:00:27 am
    • Zimbabwe
don't forget to put the glow on the small sprite!! ;)