YesNoOk

Mvc Wario & waluigi release (Read 7623 times)

Started by Mistah Jorge, October 16, 2016, 10:30:32 pm
Share this topic:
Mvc Wario & waluigi release
#1  October 16, 2016, 10:30:32 pm
    • Portugal
    • jorge.timtim@hotmail.com
A two in one character pack, while wario was made by flammableking & me, flammableking wasn't involved in the making of waluigi, while wario is pretty much a finished character, waluigi is just a beta and needs feedback.
Wario's gameplay consistes in rushdown tactics, while waluigi is very tricky and plays alot with helpers and projectiles

Download Wario + Beta Waluigi here:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/uqkg2v

Wario's Movelist: (Check readme for details like overheads and other stuff)
Specials:

Fist Connector: QCF, Punch button;
Corkscrew Conk: QCB, Punch button;
Shoulder Bash: QCF, Kick button;
Motorcicle Drive: QCB Kick button;
Ground Pound: Hold down and press Kick button; (Air Only!)
Smash Punch: Hold forward and press all 3 punch buttons;

Hypers:
Boxing Session: QCF, 2 Punch buttons;
Ultimate Fist: QCB, 2 Punch buttons;
Ram: QCF, 2 Kick buttons;
Ultimate Ground Pound: QCB, 2 Kick buttons;
Wario Man Mode: QCF, Punch and Kick button (more precisely: ligh punch + light kick, medium punch and medium kick or Hard punch and Hard kick)

Waluigi's Movelist: (He has no readme for now, so see the moves here, i'm still changing names of the moves)
Specials:

Air swim: Dash in any of the four directions (Air Only!)
Waluigi swims for a short period of time, you can turn Waluigi in 8 different directions, he will automatically stop swimming if the player let go all of the directions, or gets hit, you can do any airborne attack while swimming;

Tennis Ball: QCF, Punch button
Hit the Ball with any crouching punch to send the ball as a projectile against the enemy, the trajectory of the ball depends on with crouching punch you hit the ball with;

Wah shout: QCF, Punch button (Air Only!)
Push away your opponents with this move, better used against aerial opponents though.

Bomb-omb: QCB, Punch button
Waluigi drops a bomb and sends it after the enemy: they're unblockable, but take a long time to explode and is easily avoidable, there are no variations of this attack yet;

Charge Kick: QCF, Kick button
A powerfull kick that not only moves for short distance, but all moves makes the opponent bounce against the wall, open to combos, "lighter" versions travels more forward but does less damage than the harder versions;

Cold Blue Kick: QCB, Kick button
Do you know remy? this is one of his special moves (but doesn't work totally acurate to the sf3 remy), each version travels their own distance and all versions causes a knock down but that's not actually all, there are air variation that are original (i guess... akuma has a dive kick but i forgot about it when i made theese moves) writen down below:

Cold Dash/Dive Kick: Hold either front, back, or downward diagonals to aim a charging kick (Air Only)
This counts as a special move so you can cancel any aerial basic attack into this move;

Hypers:
Walu-Rambo: QCF, Press 2 Punches (Also do-able in the air)
Waluigi Transforms into Walu-Rambo and Fires 3 Bullet Bills in 3 diferent directions.

Credits for wario:
A.J Nitro for ripping wario sprites from the game, some sprites are edited
redblueyellow, for ripping wario man sprites, of course some sprites are edited from his sprite sheet
Elecbyte, the creator of Mugen;

Credits for waluigi:
No_body_the_dragon: i used most of his waluigi sprites, made my own editing his sprites
Elecbyte, the creator of Mugen;
Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 01:42:57 am by Mistah Jorge
Re: Mvc Wario & waluigi - Needs feedback
#2  October 17, 2016, 12:53:24 am
  • IPPEN SHINDE KOI!
  • TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THAT SNOUT!
    • Canada
    • keg2810@hotmail.com
    • biggreenmugen.weebly.com/
Oh hey, you updated your Wario. The original release was kinda swept under the rug. Gonna test, but two things:

- Try not to use SendSpace for file uploads. The characters will be deleted if left intact (no downloads) for 30 days.
- Also, refrain from using one of the MvC templates, as they often tend to be bugged and inaccurate. I think your old Wario used it.
#3  October 18, 2016, 10:04:32 pm
    • Portugal
Hey thanks for the info's mate, i will stop using SendSpace, i had no idead that they erase the files, i might (lol) have lost most of my releases because of this...
Hm... never expected the interest on wario & Waluigi to be so low, what a shame :\
Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 10:29:12 pm by Mistah Jorge
#4  October 18, 2016, 11:26:58 pm
  • IPPEN SHINDE KOI!
  • TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT THAT SNOUT!
    • Canada
    • keg2810@hotmail.com
    • biggreenmugen.weebly.com/
Error detected.

Can't open EoH03.act
Error loading chars/Waluigi/Waluigi.def
Error while precaching
Can't open EoH03.act
Error while precaching
Can't open EoH03.act
Error loading p1

This pretains to a nonexistent palette in Waluigi.
In addtion:
- What even is the purpose of the QCF+P move?
- The QCB+P move kinda comes out slow. At least you can combo the opponent from it.
- His lone hyper has three shots. Only one can hit, so what's the point?
You have a decent start. The EoH template has many flaws though. About Wario, what was changed?
#5  October 18, 2016, 11:40:25 pm
    • Portugal
Dammit... i thought he just had 2 palettes, sorry about that all you need is to open the def file and erase all but the first 2 pals for now... will update link when i can
Considering your feedback:
- QCF+P is a projectile attack for mind games (yeah like if you'd play against someone anyway), read the first post to understand how it works;
- Intended, this is supposed to be a move that's should only be done far away or when the enemy is knocked down for adding pressure to the game;
- He shoots 3 bullets to cover more range (imagine urien's QCF + P special move but in all 3 directions at one time, it's kind it) but the point is to only hit one bullet per opponent;

About wario... this is all i remember:
- Wario man mode is no longer a lvl3 hyper it's now a lvl 1 hyper, following the template's rules;
- In Wario man mode, wario follow the camera vertically;
- If wario performs "Boxing Session" in an aerial opponent, he will lock the opponent in a targetstate (or is it called costum state?), making him stand up in the ground;
- Slight changes in Standing Hard Punch and Kick
- Slight Bug fixes;

Yeah, i noticed that it has many flaws, but i fixed any flaws i found (so far), thanks anyway.
Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 01:13:37 am by Mistah Jorge
Re: Mvc Wario & waluigi release
#6  October 20, 2016, 01:58:39 am
Why does everyone who uses the EoH template not use the hitsounds in the sound file? Is that difficult?!? Literally everyone does that.
In the hitdef of the attacks search for hitsound and guardsound and write
hitsound = s[group],[index] ;obviously you have to write the number of the sound instead of [group] and [index]
guardsound = s[group],[index] ;same thing here for the guardsounds

You have sounds in group 8000 and following, so for the light punch you have to write
hitsound = s8000,0
guardsound = s8500,0

By the way, they're SFA3 sound effects, they're not MvC sound effects so you should remove them and add the correct ones.

Be careful about possible infinites, with some timing with Wario you can do
standing light punch -> standing medium punch -> standing strong punch -> repeat.

Hitsparks are misaligned.
Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 05:15:54 pm by AlexSin
#7  October 20, 2016, 02:49:11 am
    • Portugal
Wait, so you are telling me, that the template comes with it's own hitsounds? I had no idea...
Fortunatly, i know how it works, but thanks for the help
And their actually from SFA3? Gotcha, thanks
Sadly it will take a while before i can fix the sounds and add more voices for waluigi, currently i can't hear anything (from the pc) so that will have to wait

Damn... thanks for warning me about that, it's pretty much the only one he must have... i think i made that one while messing with the basic attacks, i swiched hard punch and hard kick's x and y velocities and i didn't test them well enough to check if they become infinites
Welp, i'm screwed on that one XD

Thanks for the Feedback, i apreciate it
New #8  October 21, 2016, 12:14:00 pm
You also have to change the hitsparks, those are custom/from another game (I don't know), and the BG effect too.

I got mad about the hitsound because literally (<- and I'm using the word correctly) everyone who uses the EoH template forgets about the hitsounds, so you keep hearing the default sound effect.
About the infinites you have to modify the pausetime, the ground.hittime and ground.slidetime of the hitdefs.
Have a read here:
http://mugenguild.com/forum/topics/hitdef-sctrls-169450.0.html
Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 01:10:20 pm by AlexSin