YesNoOk

Obby's WIP CS Thread (Read 127266 times)

Started by Obby, October 04, 2021, 05:15:36 am
Share this topic:
Re: Obby's WIP CS Thread
#21  June 30, 2023, 05:37:02 am
  • separation saves sprites
  • discord: obbydoesstuff
    • USA
So, I had the time today to create a template for Talbain. It came out really big

Looking at this really shows how extensive this CS is. Very determined to complete it. I am accepting palette contributions for this as well. I posted this in the CS Discussion thread if you want to contribute.

I've also figured out what version of Rila I will use. I saw DrKelexo's version to be the most faithful to Breakers, so i'm using that sprite file to do the CS. I created a concept CS for me to start with

I'm pretty satisfied with the separation, so I'll start this while I'm working on Talbain. That's really it from me. I'll probably post again when the beta is out.

Hope you guys like the separations :)

YOOOOO Obby congrats on the release!! You really did a excellent job on Arina!
Once you have that Talbain Template updated, I'll make some pals!
Thank you! Glad you like it

MT7

#22  June 30, 2023, 10:41:56 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA
Hi Obby I posted my pal contributions to the CS thread.
I made this as a little bonus, a pal adapted add004 port of Talbain
#23  June 30, 2023, 05:41:21 pm
    • USA
That add004 portrait is pretty sick! I'll add it to the sff. Thank you for the palettes as well. Talbain with a shirt is a cool concept now that I think about it
#24  July 19, 2023, 12:51:32 am
    • USA
Well, after a year in the making, the Jon Talbain CS is now (partially) complete! This is the first beta release so it doesn't have everything just yet, but it does have some key separations such as the Claws and the Pants. You can see what is included in the release thread.

About the Jesuszilla conversion, I have changed my mind on converting it to his sff. Positioning my separated sprites to his axis took a lot more time than I expected, and I did not want to continue typing in each axis for all 700 sprites. I have decided to convert to Koldskool's Talbain edit instead as that was the base I used for the sprite file and my sprite positioning is more accurate to that version. Sorry for everyone expecting the Jesuszilla edit.

I'm still very excited to release the Talbain CS to you guys. Despite this release not containing much, I'm happy I can release something after a year of holding onto this project. I plan to release a second beta which will include the Arms, Body, Back, Head2, Fur2, and most likely Hands. After that, I will release the final version which will include everything.

Also, a big thanks to everyone who provided palettes. I've credited you in the Palettes folder with your name. Even though the CS isn't complete, the palettes still look great!

Thanks for waiting :)
#25  August 17, 2023, 09:36:39 pm
    • USA
Hi everyone,

I came to give a general update on the CS since it's been a while since I've posted. Right now I am still working on separating the Back as it's a very complicated part of the sprite. Progress on this has slowed down a bit, but it hasn't stopped, and I still plan on releasing the second beta sometime this year.

I also wanted to do a showcase of the palettes made so far by me and some very awesome people. I figured since I just finished the 60th palette for this character, I thought it would be nice to show what has been done.

From me:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

From dantefromthedantetmseries on Discord:

From other awesome Discord people :)

I want to thank you guys for your palettes. They motivate me a lot as it reminds me why I started this in the first place. There are more palettes that I haven't shown, including the ones in different MFG threads, but I still see and appreciate everyone's palettes!  I am planning to make at least 30 more palettes so it can reach 100 and then more focus can be put into color separating.

Thanks for reading :)

MT7

#26  August 18, 2023, 04:19:11 am
  • Jubei best boi
    • USA
Hey Obby, wanna give a quick thanks for the Hinata pal, I've made some Klonoa focused palettes for Talbain. Happy to hear progress has been good!

Guntz:

Pango:

King of Sorrow:
#27  September 10, 2023, 12:45:30 am
  • Super Gamers
  • Twins who play games.
    • Brazil
    • sites.google.com/view/gemeos-dos-jogos
Hello, all right? We think it's really cool that you're doing the color separation for Jon Talbain. We are anxiously waiting. Here are some palettes we made:

Mordex from Brawlhalla:

Sylvanos from Rivals of Aether:

Wolf from Star Fox (based on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate)
#28  February 26, 2024, 09:54:34 pm
    • USA
Hi again,

It's been half a year since I last posted on progress. The CS is still going! I've completed the Back, Arms, Body, and the Lower Fur. I've sped up my process of CSing, so everything is going pretty fast. I am most likely going to release the full thing soon.

There has been a change in the CS though. I noticed that the Ribs and the Chest are 5/6 colors, not 4. In order to make sure I have enough space for the extra colors, I will be removing the Fire FX from the palette map. Sadly, there will be no more fire customization, but in turn there will be more slots available for expansions of the CS. I also had ideas to create a shoulder CS as well, so that will come along with the removal of the Fire FX.

I will be adapting the palettes to the new CS, and I will upload a new template once I finish remapping the CS palette. Also, thank you guys for the palettes! I've uploaded them to the palette folder :)

Also, I've done a CS for JV from the Ikemen game KNOCKOUT. I gave him a shirt and pants CS so he could have clothes. You can find the sprite file in the game's discord server.

That is my update. I hope you guys enjoy the CS once it's finished.

#29  February 27, 2024, 03:54:29 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
That running animation is sick!
#30  February 27, 2024, 04:17:18 pm
    • USA
Thank Balmsold for that one :)
#31  March 01, 2024, 11:24:23 pm
  • Super Gamers
  • Twins who play games.
    • Brazil
    • sites.google.com/view/gemeos-dos-jogos
Hi, how are you? We have some sprites here that you can use if you want. You can contact us here on the forum.