YesNoOk

Unpopular Opinions we have (Non-Political) (Read 268348 times)

Started by Dumanios, September 06, 2016, 07:34:31 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Unpopular Opinions we have (Non-Political)
#501  August 28, 2018, 12:55:44 am
Oh, I see, I didn't know Voltron was the American remake of a Japanese show just like Power Rangers was. I get it now.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#502  August 28, 2018, 01:10:37 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Wasn't Voltron basically an anime or two that was chopped up and rewritten though (like Robotron was), while Power Rangers was Sentai footage inserted around an original show?

I mean similar concept but I need to nitpick somehow!!!!!!!!!!
#503  August 28, 2018, 01:32:23 am
  • Seize the coveted miracle in the game of death.
I don’t like Fortnite at all, I can kinda see the appeal (multiplayer game, shooting at a bunch of people, fast matchmaking, building stuff, etc) but personally I’m not a fan of how the gameplay is designed. Tried it out a couple months ago and it felt too slow and clunky, not a fan of how the overall combat is handled, the building mechanic is cool in concept but it doesnt do much to keep me engaged. Havent played since and frankly even though the concept seems cool it’s just not worth playing it to me, there are many other games that I would rather play than this one. There is also another side to this where it seems like development for that new Unreal Tournament game has been put on hold because of Fortnite, which just feels quite annoying.

Tbf though the battle royale genre just might not be for me, I guess the whole concept of it in terms of how it plays just doesn’t click with me.

MCU movies in general lose their quality after a second viewing, even the greater ones. Especially in terms of comedy, watching the more comedic movies of the MCU a second time and it just seems to lose its touch by a lot, I was surprised to watch Thor Ragnarok again at home, which is movie I really liked at theaters, and see that its humor doesnt seem nearly as good as it was the first time. The only movies imho that can be viewed more than once and still maintain its quality are Winter Soldier, Civil War and Infinity War.

Ant Man 1 and 2 are kind of a chore to watch, the humor feels forced at times and some jokes feel kinda cringy. An argument its used quite often is “its just a smaller scale movie supposed to be disposable fun it shouldnt be criticized much”, but it just seems kinda lazy and its almost like Marvel is kinda banking on that to keep these movies made the way they are. The second movie while I enjoyed it a bit more than the first, it lost things in other areas (mainly the plot structure, but I wont delve into spoilers). Whenever I think of these movies I just wish Edgar Wright directed them like he was supposed to, but as you know “creative differences” /shrug.

Black Panther was ok but it was a dissapointment to me from the action choreography aspect, as far as the fight scenes go and it made what could be a 9/10 action film all the way down to a 6/10 to me. The whole premise of the movie and the character of Black Panter really gave me high hopes of seeing great fight scenes all around, it was directed by Ryan Coogler who knows how to film fight scenes (Creed) and it even had Michael B Jordan in it, unfortunately though the fight scenes were all quite shaky and cut a little too fast. When you contrast that with the bigger action setpieces which are usually CGI, it becomes so jarring how those are filmed in such a smooth way and have long takes, but the fight scenes are the opposite of that.
(DeviantART) - Ignore my username on DA as it was made long before I learned what the fanbase was like...
Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 01:55:34 am by DelusionTrim
#504  August 28, 2018, 03:55:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Oh, I see, I didn't know Voltron was the American remake of a Japanese show just like Power Rangers was. I get it now.

I think voltron was two, maybe three shows, like macross.
#505  August 28, 2018, 04:22:57 pm
didn't knew that... i always thought they just dubbed it.

so you mean to tell me that voltron go-lions and voltron vehicle force aren't related then?

that reminds me combattler v is a poorman's version of voltes v . fucking fight me!
#506  August 28, 2018, 04:43:36 pm
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
Lion Voltron is GoLion and Vehicle Voltron is Dairugger 15
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#507  August 29, 2018, 03:04:58 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
that reminds me combattler v is a poorman's version of voltes v . fucking fight me!

Combattler did come first, giving them the experience needed to refine the formula for the next one.  I suppose this could similarly be applied to Earthbound Beginnings and Earthbound.
#508  August 31, 2018, 03:13:01 am
  • all is love in fair and war
Transformers Masterforce is the best Transformers cartoon :)
#509  September 04, 2018, 10:10:41 am
  • Super Mario Fighters 3 resurrected.
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I would rather play The Simpsons Wrestling over Hit and Run. Or The Game.
#510  September 04, 2018, 10:57:25 am
there's only one good simpson game and it's on the arcade ... i played the hell out it when i was a kid. if only i could play it again.
#511  September 04, 2018, 09:02:51 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
That's what MAME is for.

DW

#512  September 05, 2018, 03:13:06 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I think it was released on Xbox Live Arcade as well. Also, I highly doubt that's an unpopular opinion. All of those Konami arcade beat em ups like Turtles in Time, X-Men, and the Simpsons are considered the cream of the crop. I can't even think of any Simpsons game that comes remotely close.
#513  September 13, 2018, 05:46:20 pm
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
Brawlhalla looks like pure rubbish. There's not even ledges. That wouldn't exactly be hard to incorperate... And the HUDs are even tinier than Sonic Adventure. From what I have seen gameplay wise, everyone's just impactless little fairires that can jump 5 times. And incredibly ugly farires with big heads as well. Perfect place for Rayguy then.
Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 06:50:08 pm by MR. IBZS II
#514  October 01, 2018, 10:54:08 pm
  • Is a joke
    • USA
    • Genosan94@gmail.com
Here's yet another unpopular opinion on mine:
I fucking hate Xenoblade Chronicles 2 with a burning passion, and I personally consider it to be not only the WORST game on the Nintendo Switch (from what I've played at the time made this post), but also one of the worst games on a Nintendo console (again, from what I've only played).  From what little I've played of it, the gameplay felt like a HUGE step back from the first game (although to be fair, I did enjoy the first Xenoblade game, from what little I have played), to the point of being virtually unplayable, and also making me ragequit the game altogether (I've actually had to soft-reset the game several times from that damn "finding the treasure on the ship" bullshit, from what I could remember), the story is a complete clusterfuck of a mess, the controls are shit, the music is completely forgettable, the characters were uninteresting and had less personality than a dead horse (no pun intended), the writing sucks, and the visuals looked ugly (and this is coming from some random dude who likes anime art, nonetheless).
#515  October 01, 2018, 11:09:17 pm
    • USA
I'm gonna be blunt, the Nintendo Switch online isn't as bad as people say. People are just mad at the way Nintendo prevented cheating via cloud data prevention. Like, if you dont wanna lose your switch data, don't take your switch outside. And people griping "oH Nintendo iS mAkInG uS pAy!!!11!1!" Nintendo is a business, so therefore they need to make money, plus it's a steal compared to PS+ and Xbox Live. So yeah, people are just overreacting
#516  October 02, 2018, 01:40:24 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
The issue with Nintendo's cloud saving only working in certain games is that the excuse is flimsy.

For example, Splatoon 2 data should really be stored server side instead of client side.
#517  November 20, 2018, 07:27:28 am
    • USA
    • doraemariby@yahoo.com
I never did get the hype with Mega Man. Bosses that can be foobar-ed as if they were made out of paper, relying quite frequently on narrow jumps with enemies to push you into something deadly, but that always got a slap on the back and a "old school difficult" label, never giving Mega the ability to simply crouch or shoot in any other direction with all weapons, which only got gently passed off as a "meme" or "old school platforming", almost always relying on Yellow Devil -> boss rush -> Wily fight that acts pretty much the same as Mega Man 1, at least 1 laughable weapon in every game...

After the leaps and bounds improvements MM X and the others made, there is literally no purpose for Mega Man original.
#518  February 28, 2022, 05:22:04 pm
  • KFC
  • it's finger licking good
    • USA

i wasn't gonna necrobump'ed but i have a list:
- i'm not interested in friday night funkin.
- i like bad movies.
- flash > html5.
- i like adam sandler. judge me
- i like bad games.
- who tf is matt mcmuscles?
that's all folks.
#519  February 28, 2022, 05:49:12 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
none of those opinions are particularly unpopular lol
#520  February 28, 2022, 05:53:26 pm
  • the strongest motherfucker on the planet
    • UK
    • meldo.neocities.org
Shinra358's Marilyn Sue would've been a competent creation if it didn't have 10+ mechanics