YesNoOk

Yoma Komatsu (02/22/09) (Read 6756 times)

Started by Baby Bonnie Hood, February 21, 2009, 06:57:51 pm
Share this topic:
Yoma Komatsu (02/22/09)
#1  February 21, 2009, 06:57:51 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Re: Yoma Komatsu (02/22/09)
#2  February 21, 2009, 06:59:54 pm
  • Master of the palm and foot.
    • randomselect.piiym-net.com/
Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 07:07:26 pm by Kung_Fu_Man
#3  February 21, 2009, 09:29:20 pm
  • Let's Party!!!
    • www.youtube.com/kevinkun
Hello Pards

[Tagalog]

Nung tinignan ko si yoma eto ang napansin ko.

- Hindi na pamatay ang level 3 super nya (hehehe)
- Sprites nya okay na meron dun dati hindi maayos kesi may blue line dun

At tanong ko lang kung paano maactivate si  Gold yoma, gusto kasi ng kapatid ko kasi astig daw ang gawa mo.  ;D ;D

[English]

Notice while using this character

- The level 3 super before can be a 1 hit kill atk. Now her attack can be critical.
- Sprites are clean

And my brother has a question about activating yoma into gold yoma, and my brother loves your work coz its awesome  ;D ;D

#4  February 21, 2009, 09:42:50 pm
  • Head on!
    • kevinamlewis.wordpress.com
YAY.
The Red Threat has arrived in Gilta Nnea. Nine heroes are prophecied to defeat him, but no one knows who they are. When a journey to the Hollowlands unites players in an all-out war, the stage is set for the heroes' rise. This is their battle. METAL SHADOW
#5  February 21, 2009, 09:58:57 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
Nice. I'm liking the new moves, but I still find her rather difficult to use effectively (accursed silly fingers  >:( ). I wish her "rekka ken" move could all be done with a single button rather than a,b,c.

Good Job.  :kugoi:

I haven't seen the AI yet. *gulp*  ;P
#6  February 21, 2009, 10:20:56 pm
  • What stop sign, officer?
You should've given her a special whichi involves playing "Through the fire and Flames" on expert lol.
#7  February 22, 2009, 01:42:10 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
At tanong ko lang kung paano maactivate si  Gold yoma, gusto kasi ng kapatid ko kasi astig daw ang gawa mo.  ;D ;D

Salamat :)

As for Gold Yoma, just select her with the c or start+c button.
#8  February 22, 2009, 02:14:13 am
  • Let's Party!!!
    • www.youtube.com/kevinkun
#9  February 22, 2009, 02:27:58 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
Alright, here's the changelog:
- She now has special win and lose poses for Arcade and Survival mode endings.  While the win pose is new, the lose pose is just her continue anim.
- New dizzy and continue anim.
- New intro sequence.
- Clsn1 shrunk on most attacks.  Also, guitar attacks now have 75% Clsn2 and sound attacks now have 50% Clsn2.
- Crouch LP, MP, HP can now be air blocked.
- Height of floor bounce hit state has been reduced.
- Air dust now wall bounces only on counter hit.
- Psych Burst has more start-up, pretty much now accurate overall to GGXX (or at least muteki's GG chars).
- Guard Cancel now costs 1000 power instead of just 500.
- She can now throw backwards for all throws.
- One new special move, a more traditional anti-air attack named Riff Riff Orbit.
- The old anti-air attack, Wailing Bonus, had its command changed and lost all its invincibility and special block properties (all versions can now be blocked standing and aerial).
- Dive always knocks down now.
- Landing recovery of Dive, Firefly, and Riff Riff Orbit (they all share the same one) has been made longer.
- Drummer striker's attack can now be air blocked; it's also now taller and less wide.
- Guitar striker's projectiles now travel further.
- PPG striker's projectile now only does 3 hits.
- All projectiles (with a few exceptions) now have a projpriority of only 1; apparently, projpriority applied to each projectile hit and not just only the projectile alone.
- EX Ever Snow does not activate if blocked, and only KOs at the last hit.
- In Gold mode, Band Session summons all three band member strikers at once.
- Like Wailing Bonus, Chikara has lost all invincibility and special block properties.
- *Shining* is now only one projectile that does 5 hits.
- New ending to Dynamite Rave.
- Lots of changes to the former Instant Kill attack: It can now be done at any amount of life, it now only does a certain amount of damage, its command has been made easier, and it's been renamed to Premium Encore.
- She can now do Day Dream up to three times in one round instead of the old two.
- She has a new get-up attack, which counts as a special move.
- Hyper KO finish BG for Premium Encore (and now Day Dream too) has been changed.
- She can now look up and down while in her standing and crouching anims.
- New position indicator to show where she is when she's off-screen vertically.
- Her damage output has been reduced, which includes reducing the damage of her EX moves & hypers and doubling the dampening of her damage dampener.
- Various sounds and explods have been changed.
- She now has a frozen anim (7990), so Ice and Big Chicken have someone new to freeze.
- Midnight Bliss anim is now only 6 frames.
- Dash cancel and jump cancel now only work if the attack hits (not when it misses or is blocked).
- Similarly, Roman Cancel costs 1000 power only when the attack hits (not when it misses or is blocked, that one costs 1500 power).
- Custom AI has been changed; though it still combos, it should no longer be as brutal as it once was... hopefully.
#10  February 24, 2009, 03:32:49 am
  • Head on!
However, I recently discovered that this Yoma's AI has been toned down drastically. :-\
The Red Threat has arrived in Gilta Nnea. Nine heroes are prophecied to defeat him, but no one knows who they are. When a journey to the Hollowlands unites players in an all-out war, the stage is set for the heroes' rise. This is their battle. METAL SHADOW
#11  February 24, 2009, 04:01:14 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter
That was the whole point.  It was indeed ridiculous for Yoma to be in your face all the time (unless you're a pro GG/MB player who relishes on that sort of thing), so way down goes her frequency of dashing in and throwing out normal attacks.  Though her challenge (or cheapness, depending on POV) has lessened, she's still a competent CPU to face and a delight to watch in AI matches.  And though she doesn't defend perfectly because her AI routines are random (plus, I actually didn't disable the default MUGEN AI; her custom AI works on top of it), I'm confident that she won't be falling for any MINDGAMES any time soon.

Of course, maybe someone will make an AI patch for her that'll return her AI to that always-in-your-face mentality.  Or worse, an AI patch where she does extremely strict patterns so you can MINDGAME her to death.  But heh, I talk as though she was still popular.....
#12  February 24, 2009, 06:02:25 am
  • Head on!
That was the whole point.  It was indeed ridiculous for Yoma to be in your face all the time (unless you're a pro GG/MB player who relishes on that sort of thing), so way down goes her frequency of dashing in and throwing out normal attacks.  Though her challenge (or cheapness, depending on POV) has lessened, she's still a competent CPU to face and a delight to watch in AI matches.  And though she doesn't defend perfectly because her AI routines are random (plus, I actually didn't disable the default MUGEN AI; her custom AI works on top of it), I'm confident that she won't be falling for any MINDGAMES any time soon.

Of course, maybe someone will make an AI patch for her that'll return her AI to that always-in-your-face mentality.  Or worse, an AI patch where she does extremely strict patterns so you can MINDGAME her to death.  But heh, I talk as though she was still popular.....

She's still at the top of my heart. ;)

But why not keep the original .cmd along with the new one? That way people could choose.
#13  February 25, 2009, 09:04:33 am
    • USA
    • creamyg.jdluke.com/

> I know this is somewhat off topic, but I've got to ask anyway. Have you ever considered making a stage for Yoma? I'm currently using Vocal Concert from KOF97 with Ever Snow as the BG music, but do you have anything that's more Yoma specific?
= = = = = = = = = =
Jason "Creamy Goodness" Tenn
http://creamyg.jdluke.com/
#14  February 25, 2009, 01:18:04 pm
  • Cute Bounty Hunter