YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 248247 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#901  November 23, 2012, 08:21:46 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Kewl. Now that you mention it, I use the keyboard for testing. For some reason, B + any command does not register. I gotta use a controller more often.

Keep up your amazing work, as always. :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#902  November 24, 2012, 05:35:48 pm
    • Germany
Dcat I have a little question again, you said before that you want to release Shredder and Krang at the same time, so could you post something about the status of Krang too?^^
#903  November 30, 2012, 08:44:59 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Dcat I have a little question again, you said before that you want to release Shredder and Krang at the same time, so could you post something about the status of Krang too?^^

D: NO! Keep it a surprise!
#904  December 01, 2012, 02:30:04 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Been adding more intros and junk to Shredder.
Also improved special and super canceling from Gauntlet Blur

I've added Aura Crusher to Shredder (hold back then forward + Any Punch Button or QCB + Any Punch Button)
The move does 2 hits ; 1 Low then 1 Medium and has some invulnerable frames on start-up.

You can follow-up Aura Crusher in a number of ways:

-Press or hold up to do an air pursuit and from there you can do some air combos.

-Or you can press MP to do a throw attack based on SNES Tournament fighters

-Or press HP for a spiral rising uppercut. I've modeled this move after Cyclop's Gene Splice from the Marvel Versus series games only it doesn't behave the same manner as that. The attack is really just a simple uppercut that does 3 hits & you can mash out a finishing sword chop at the end if you press HK once the third hit connects.

I've yet to address Krang again, I'll let you know when things change with him as well though.
#905  December 01, 2012, 02:52:24 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Very, very nice. Looking amazing. You never fail to impress.

Considering how Infantry is now down and gone, would Dcat here be able to host here on Guild?? That would help us out even more with traffic if you ask me. Dcat's talents need to be shared with more people!!

Posted: December 03, 2012, 06:50:05 pm
I was messing around with Shredder last night while arranging stages and stumbled upon this quirk:

When using the keyboard, I wanted to see if I could make Shredder crouch from a run. Instead of getting the desired result, his footsteps muted. Weird. Look into whatever that is.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 06:50:05 pm by Saikoro
#906  December 08, 2012, 02:12:48 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Interesting. No idea how I missed D's last post but DAMN does that throw and attack looks sexy.
#907  December 14, 2012, 11:28:41 am
@Saikoro: Good find, I've fixed that.

-This is what I've been working on for the startup phase of the Air Super. 

-Also sprited some other moves based off of Hayato and Cyclops that I'll be using as combo finishers or command normals

-Color separated and added a few Foot Soldier sprites to Shredder's .SFF. My initial plans to have 4 uniquely colored foot soliders will need to be modified as Shredder's palette will only allow for 2 uniquely colored soldiers instead due to a lack of remaining colors available. The palette possibilities are pretty impressive though.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

I've coded an early version of the Foot Soldier assist; (QCF + Any 2 Kicks / -500 Power cost). So far its just the infamous jump kick attack.
Made it so you can summon a Foot Soldier mid-combo without interruption if you perform the command while connecting with any of Shredder's ground or air normals. There's variable restriction so you can only summon one Foot at a time and only once during a particular combo string. They land and run off if the kick connects. If the foot soldier is hit by the opponent they fly towards the screen.

Which other Foot Soldier attacks should I include? I was thinking a holding / throwing Foot could be nice for some combo possibilities.

Also I've been smoothing out Shredder's cape animations and I've added those Krang fixes Saikoro mentioned earlier in the thread.
Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 11:32:24 am by Dcat
#908  December 14, 2012, 01:14:13 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
That is awesome!
Just wow, looks like Shredder will have tons of stuff!
Also - glad to hear you worked on cape, because in april abduction intro it looked a bit blocky :)
About other foot attacks - how about summoning foot soldiers that shoot their blasters and then run away? Or Archer-type soldiers (like in Turtles in time). Something like that will be ok I think, so just go for the projectile attack foot soldiers.
Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 01:52:46 pm by YagamiBrando
#909  December 14, 2012, 07:20:03 pm
  • Young Coder
    • USA
shredder just keeps looking more and more awesome
mugen or nothin

#910  December 14, 2012, 07:56:21 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Dcat... How the hell do you keep finding ways to continually impress me every SINGLE time you post?? Oh yeah, that's right... you're a mighty talented fellow and I recognise those said talents when I see them.  :2thumbsup:

I seriously can't wait to get my hands on the latest build. Your current beta is amazing and it's hard to wrap my head around your additions and improvements. My only gripe/nitpick is that the Foot Soldier looks a little pixelated. Otherwise, whoa!!

Just as with Krang, each Foot Soldier should have corresponding colors/attacks just like the arcade game. You had the Energy Fan, a sort of stun attack; the Machine Gun, a type of multi-hit hitpause attack; the Boomerang, a range/zoning/setup attack; the Grenade, an explosive attack that could also act as a setup/launcher; and the spear, a sort of poking maneuver. There were a few more, but I feel these were the most effective of the bunch. With these attacks, combo potential shoots through the roof allowing for creativity and style. Krang has a lot of combo flexibility between the Rock Soldiers and his sword; Shredder should be no different with his Foot Goons.

#911  December 15, 2012, 12:13:06 am
    • Germany
I belive the problem with the Foot Soldier sprites is, that the source is simply to small, the only games where the classic Foot Soldiers have human size, are the Nes games, even the sprites on the arcade version are realy small.

Maybe Dcat can remake the sprites on later versions of the char.
#912  December 15, 2012, 12:31:50 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
He already has.
Check the screenshot above to see the foot soldier in game.
#913  December 15, 2012, 01:21:04 pm

Saikoro said:
Just as with Krang, each Foot Soldier should have corresponding colors/attacks just like the arcade game.

-What I was trying to state in my post above was that the Foot Soldiers will not have the corresponding colors for each unique attack action since there's little room left in Shredder's color palette. I will however have enough room so that Shredder can have 2 uniquely colored foot per palette option as opposed to the 4 distinctly colored ones I'd originally planned for the character. IE: He can have a Purple foot and an Orange foot but additional moves will use one of these two models so you might have Orange archers or Purple katana wielders.

Saikoro said:
My only gripe/nitpick is that the Foot Soldier looks a little pixelated.

I belive the problem with the Foot Soldier sprites is, that the source is simply to small,

-I've re-scaled the sprites so that it's less noticeable, Foot Soldier proportions now look to be in line with Kung Fu Man's.

-Been hard at work today adding my take on the Spear wielding Foot Soldiers. This variety lunges in from above at a range depending upon Shredder's position, enemy position, and whether or not Shredder is in the middle of a combo. If the enemy is in range, they'll get hit by this initial attack. Then once the Foot Soldier lands they'll fling the spear at the opponent. If he's facing the wrong way, the Foot will turn, then depending on whether or not the enemy is in the air the foot will throw the spear either horizontally or at a 30 degree upward angle. I coded this today and it works perfectly so I'm very content with this guy, undertaking these Foot Soldiers might not be as tough as I'd initially expected.
>>
As stated previously you can perform the Foot Soldier Summon in the middle of a combo. I've decided that this will yield different results depending on where Shredder or the opponent is on screen. So far if Shredder has the enemy cornered and they are on the ground the Spear Foot Soldier will leap in from the opposing side and do his attack. If the enemy is / isn't cornered and Shredder has knocked them into the air, the Jump-Kick Foot will be summoned instead. This also seems to work to my liking at the moment. I think this could get really interesting depending on the combo conditions; If the opponent is in a Retromutation State  perhaps an Orange Blaster Gunner Foot will be called since their downward attack angle is best suited to hitting the opponent and etc.

That is awesome!
Just wow, looks like Shredder will have tons of stuff!
Also - glad to hear you worked on cape, because in april abduction intro it looked a bit blocky :)
About other foot attacks - how about summoning foot soldiers that shoot their blasters and then run away? Or Archer-type soldiers (like in Turtles in time). Something like that will be ok I think, so just go for the projectile attack foot soldiers.

Saikoro said:
You had the Energy Fan, a sort of stun attack; the Machine Gun, a type of multi-hit hitpause attack; the Boomerang, a range/zoning/setup attack; the Grenade, an explosive attack that could also act as a setup/launcher; and the spear, a sort of poking maneuver. There were a few more, but I feel these were the most effective of the bunch. With these attacks, combo potential shoots through the roof allowing for creativity and style. Krang has a lot of combo flexibility between the Rock Soldiers and his sword; Shredder should be no different with his Foot Goons.

-Alright thanks for the suggestions I'll have to think about zoning and all of that, as it stands the Jump-Kick Foot Soldier is a horizontal anti-air attack and the Spear Foot Soldier has a downward thrust attack on startup then fires a horizontal / slightly diagonal projectile spear once he lands. I'll try to be mindful of potential redundancies in the area of attack / hit effect.
#914  December 15, 2012, 04:14:24 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
nice man he look really cool
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#915  December 17, 2012, 09:45:57 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
I'm seriously geeking how close this is to being in my hands. Got my PS2 controller hooked up to my laptop playing through a 70 inch for this shit.
#916  December 17, 2012, 10:01:42 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
Same here :)
Oh man, I just hope nothing happens on 21, so we could enjoy Christmas playing as Shredder and Krang :D
#917  December 17, 2012, 10:08:37 pm
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
so did i read that wrong or did i read the word Beta? did i miss something super important to me mugen wise or is this a tester situation?  just curious
#918  December 17, 2012, 10:12:09 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
Beta was not released for public(except for several beta-testers i.e. Saikoro) if that is what you're asking.
#919  December 17, 2012, 10:14:57 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I'm seriously geeking how close this is to being in my hands. Got my PS2 controller hooked up to my laptop playing through a 70 inch for this shit.

You and I sound similar. I got both my Desktop and my Laptop hooked into my 42' LCD. My Laptop is more for testing and my Desktop is more for playing Mugen. And its amazing to use a Dual Shock controller. It's perfect in my opinion.

@ZombieBrock: This Shredder is only a WIP with a handful beta testers.

@YagamiBrando: You are correct.

DW

#920  December 17, 2012, 11:31:24 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
I missed out on the recent testing updates of Shredder... Why have you forsaken me, Dcat...? :'( Anyway, I'm really digging the FootSoldier strikers. Looks awesome. The way they walk is hilarious in the pal display gifs lol. Awesome Shredder is awesome.