YesNoOk

Mugen Bounty 50$ Commission Target: Yamato from Dragoon Might (Read 22668 times)

Started by Carmell, August 28, 2013, 04:21:23 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Mugen Bounty 50$ Commission Target: Yamato from Dragoon Might
#121  August 30, 2013, 06:03:58 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
this makes complete sense looks like they got around to a loop hole or w/e
but 50$ !?!?!?! this dude must be smoking crack up his ass ....

this has nothing to do with loopholes.

consider this scenario
Iced gets home and decides he really needs a site where he will share pictures of chicken dressed as game characters being kicked in the groin
Iced realizes he doesnt know any chicken nearby tha the can dress to repurpose for this site
Iced then hires gbk and gives him fiddy bucks to get him some chickies in vg suits being kicked in the groin.
gbk somehow gets him this things that iced wants and iced is all like "yay those them vgchicksgroin for my site"
Iced then realizes he wants to do the site for this, but he doesnt feel like opening notepad and building it himself so he hires titiln to do it, he gives him fiddy bucks for this.
Titiln gives him a site where iced can display his vgchicksgroinkicked and everyone is happy.

Photographing chicken can be done for free, making sites can be done for free, both can still be comissioned off anyone else.

now what this thread is, is if Iced decided to launch a challenge for people to give him a site and chicken photos and it had to be made in one day, and he would pay 5 bucks and if he thought the site wasnt topnotch quality he would then refuse to pay for it. Also you losers better not complain cuz I saw people putting guile wigs on chicken and kicking them around all in one day before.
#122  August 31, 2013, 08:11:45 am
    • USA
    • axlrose051@aol.com
this has nothing to do with loopholes.

consider this scenario
Iced gets home and decides he really needs a site where he will share pictures of chicken dressed as game characters being kicked in the groin
Iced realizes he doesnt know any chicken nearby tha the can dress to repurpose for this site
Iced then hires gbk and gives him fiddy bucks to get him some chickies in vg suits being kicked in the groin.
gbk somehow gets him this things that iced wants and iced is all like "yay those them vgchicksgroin for my site"
Iced then realizes he wants to do the site for this, but he doesnt feel like opening notepad and building it himself so he hires titiln to do it, he gives him fiddy bucks for this.
Titiln gives him a site where iced can display his vgchicksgroinkicked and everyone is happy.

Photographing chicken can be done for free, making sites can be done for free, both can still be comissioned off anyone else.

now what this thread is, is if Iced decided to launch a challenge for people to give him a site and chicken photos and it had to be made in one day, and he would pay 5 bucks and if he thought the site wasnt topnotch quality he would then refuse to pay for it. Also you losers better not complain cuz I saw people putting guile wigs on chicken and kicking them around all in one day before.

I had a long day at work and this by far was the best thing i heard all night and a well thought out explanation
i wonder if i'm being slightly trolled as well hahaha
#123  August 31, 2013, 08:20:41 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
You're not being trolled, he's just into really fucked up shit.
#124  August 31, 2013, 04:29:18 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Hmm....

No response from OP since Wednesday.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have been trolled!

Either that, or we have chased another idiot off the forums!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#125  August 31, 2013, 06:34:22 pm
    • USA
    • raptorkou@gmail.com
Or you guys made him cry.
#126  August 31, 2013, 08:15:49 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
We made a troll cry?!

Sweet, even better!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#127  September 01, 2013, 01:41:46 am
    • USA
I didnt post because I was in a mini coma from lack of sleep...also I was waiting for anyone to etiher ask a direct question or answer my last question
#128  September 01, 2013, 01:45:39 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
#129  September 01, 2013, 01:51:24 am
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
I have a question: Why not start with a character whose resources have been released?

From my point of view, 50 USD isn't so little for a flexible job. If you allow them to use bases, give a little more time, and apply for a job with resources previously released, probably a member can take the job.
#130  September 01, 2013, 01:54:15 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I have a question: Why not start with a character whose resources have been released?

From my point of view, 50 USD isn't so little for a flexible job. If you allow them to use bases, give a little more time, and apply for a job with resources previously released, probably a member can take the job.

Exactly, it's good on those terms, but not on his

#131  September 01, 2013, 01:57:17 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Most characters with resources released probably already have a conversion and he wants to go for characters without one if I recall correctly.

And judging from his point of view then he'd probably pay less as you would have less things to do. "30 dollars, all you need to do is just code it, you already have everything to work with, i'm not gonna pay you 20 dollars more for something you didn't do"
#132  September 01, 2013, 01:57:52 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Most characters with resources released probably already have a conversion and he wants to go for characters without one if I recall correctly.

And judging from his point of view then he'd probably pay less as you would have less things to do.

True

#133  September 01, 2013, 02:21:09 am
    • Argentina
    • sutcliffsouji.wix.com/cp-chazzanova
Many characters haven't been decently converted to MUGEN, like Bishamon. I know he was looking for accuracy, but a character in Infinite style would be really nice  ;) You know, Infinite style has a template ;) ;)
#134  September 01, 2013, 02:22:49 am
    • USA

Im open to that idea, but its a lot easier to fall into the they were going to make it anyway trap.

Yamato from Dragoon Might was sorta the ideal first choice, but its definitely not the only choice.
#135  September 01, 2013, 02:27:42 am
    • USA
    • raptorkou@gmail.com
How is it a trap if you get what YOU want btw?
I didn't quite get that at all lol.
#136  September 01, 2013, 02:33:36 am
  • animes are for pussies
    • Germany
I didnt post because I was in a mini coma from lack of sleep...also I was waiting for anyone to etiher ask a direct question or answer my last question
I didn't read every post in this thread, but you should probably offer more like 1.000$ / char and give at least 6 months to create it lol. but I like the idea in generall. in fact if someone would offer to code certain chars and would be looking for donators I would contribute maybe 100$ for a high quality char - for example for every SF3, SFA or MVC2 char in cvs2 custom style (with good AI) which doesn't exist already - like Twelve, Rose, Birdie, Oro, Tron Bonne, Ibuki, Makoto...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

#137  September 01, 2013, 02:35:57 am
    • USA
How is it a trap if you get what YOU want btw?
I didn't quite get that at all lol.

Because if I ordered something that was going to be made soon anyway then 1. Why'd I bother? and 2. People might start delaying stuff on purpose. A longshot I know, but the thought bugs me.

But if I pick then even if somehow they were going to pick that character anyway then I have no reason to really suspect my choice was sitting in their log of to do list anyway

I mean if I let people start bringing suggested picks to me then its more likely they were going to do the character they suggested anyway.

Mugen's been around what? 10 years? if a character has gone this long never been converted then it doesnt seem likely they will anytime soon so there's probably plenty of safe picks.

#138  September 01, 2013, 04:54:53 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
what's the rush anyway? 50$ for a week, considering the number of hours that is involved in a character creation process: unless the person is able to do a decent character in 3 hours, that's the shittiest wage ever heard of.
i've yet to witness someone willing to proceed
#139  September 01, 2013, 05:51:40 am
    • USA
well from my point of view the coding part was done in record time on my last 3 characters I commissioned help on.

So in theory it seemed like a week was more than enough time.

But the forum is right I dont know how long it takes for the gathering resources part since thats the part Im the least familiar with.
#140  September 01, 2013, 05:53:51 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman