YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (Read 1084310 times)

Started by AlexSin, October 14, 2012, 11:57:57 am
Re: [Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (inspired)
#341  August 19, 2013, 04:26:59 am
    • France
thx for the comments y'all !!

introducing z2-ish muten roshi:

ps: turtle was a pain in a** to sprite
#342  August 19, 2013, 05:46:56 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
lol I can imagine him fighting on top of the turtle, that would be priceless :D

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#343  August 24, 2013, 03:59:19 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
    • bluesunstudios@yahoo.com
    • bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
Alright, so I was told to post Z2 related sprites here. I'll carry over my Majin Vegeta Z2 edits from the thread on to over here as well as some newer ones I made.

Vegeta Z2 and Majin Vegeta Z2

Majin Vegeta Z2 Stance 1 and Stance 2

Majin Vegeta Z2 with Aura

Majin Vegeta Z2 Full Majin

Give me opinions on these ones and if they're good enough for idles.
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#344  August 24, 2013, 04:43:49 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
#345  August 24, 2013, 04:53:17 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
This exactly for the love of god!

Team Z2 already said they're not changing the sprites for the sake of the Curse Marks (and possibly the Aura). This is a test to see how it would look in-game, preferably during intros, taunts, and win-poses.
Stay true to your own heart, faiths, and convictions; your destiny is what YOU make of it.
#346  August 24, 2013, 05:06:42 pm
That yellow outline in his hands is not really good looking, you could have made those one pixel thick.
Actually, also the aura could have been made like that. I'll show you an example later.

But maybe it's just me.
Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 05:11:39 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#347  August 24, 2013, 05:11:20 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
The hand in the first image was already like that (blame Balthazar for that one not me XD). I decided to make the other hand, which was semi overlapping, to be similar to the hand in the first stance which overlapped in the non aura image.
#348  August 24, 2013, 05:34:16 pm
This is what I meant:

The first is your coloured one, then I adjusted (to my liking) the aura through various steps like shown in the image.
I know how Hyper Dimension aura is made, but I thought it could be newer like this.
#349  August 24, 2013, 06:06:54 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
The newest one looks really nice; It doesn't have the thick aura lines like the original Balthazar made (and which I based mine on), but it actually looks better. Plus, how did you get that image to be transparent? I use Paint and they never come out transparent (and is that indexed too?).
#350  August 24, 2013, 06:19:50 pm
I used Gimp for making it transparent, but Paint to make the edit.

If you have Gimp, and you want to make it transparent, just:
- go to the Layer menù, go to Transparency and add the Alpha Channel;
- then you delete the background.

By the way, no, it isn't; it's in RGB.
Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 06:22:51 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#351  August 24, 2013, 06:29:43 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
Gimp won't work on my computer for some reason...I'll find some way to make indexed colors. Then I'll upload my custom-made Majin Vegeta Z2 palette.
#352  August 25, 2013, 12:53:36 am
    • Algeria
    • Zeratul455@hotmail.com
so here is a sprite of Chrono from Chrono Trigger

base haohmaru boots and head are from a sprite made by ramzaneko

suggestion and feed pls
#353  August 25, 2013, 04:50:26 am
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
I'm nearly finished my little project for Majin Vegeta Z2, but I'm close :). Please take note that this is purely for fun and does not represent the choices or progress of Team Z2 on Majin Vegeta's completion (I have no information on his current progress and if I did I can't tell you :-X). You can download this and go nuts with it as you wish  :flipout:. Introducing my beta Majin Vegeta Z2 palette template! :tipshat:

All that's left is to include the white and blue aura on the other sprites (and maybe more color separation).

Blue Sun Studi-Update: Here's my first example palette of this template (this palette is comprised of default palettes for Vegeta and Majin Vegeta both made by Balthazar).

Full Majin
Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 06:28:34 am by BlueSunStudios
#354  August 25, 2013, 11:36:51 am
That's one heck of a palette and colour separation!

But why the armors? Are you referring to the Budokai series (when he could transform with different outfits too if you added a capsule)?
#355  August 25, 2013, 11:03:31 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
The original armor would be part of an intro where his transformation into a SSJ would shatter it revealing his jumpsuit underneath it. The movie armor would be a win pose where he deactivates SSJ and pulls out a capsule; he uses it, covering him in smoke and when it clears he's got a new armor on him and he leaves after that.
Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 11:16:55 pm by BlueSunStudios
#356  August 25, 2013, 11:05:42 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Are you gonna make a color separation patch for him?

#357  August 25, 2013, 11:15:20 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
Is there a specific part you want me to change or the armored Vegeta? If it's the armored Vegeta, I'm afraid I'm not changing it. Those parts are strictly for an intro and a win pose. I may throw in a smoke palette for the win pose. On another note, the normal hair palette is not restricted to the armored poses. That can be used for other intro/win pose ideas and when you beat him on the last round.
Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 11:20:26 pm by BlueSunStudios
#358  August 25, 2013, 11:19:01 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
I meant for the char (Majin Vegeta)
You know, color separate all the sprites and make a patch

#359  August 25, 2013, 11:24:15 pm
  • An Artist/Writer.
    • USA
I have no knowledge on patches. I may make different skin for normal and SSJ Majin Vegeta, but I can't make a patch. I'd have to learn how to do that and how to make decent Z2 sprites (these sprites were borrowed in case you didn't know). Also, If this is going to be official (which it isn't), I'd have to contact both Cybaster and Balthazar and get their approval. In the event that I get the green light from them (which is pretty slim), then I'll modify my palette to accommodate the current palettes that Majin Vegeta has. I'll have to figure out how to separate colors for the sprites that share the same colors (otherwise I'll have to get someone else's help with that) Does that answer any questions you have?
Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 11:32:33 pm by BlueSunStudios
#360  August 26, 2013, 12:04:41 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Our characters are open source.
Once Majin Vegeta is released (which may take a long time : I haven't started no him yet, as I'm updating Goku, Vegeta and SSJ Goku, focusing on finishing Gohan and progressing with Freeza !!!! :gonk:), you're free to make whatever patch you want for him.

As I said, we'll also release Majin Vegeta as a standalone character, so you'll be able to extract all sprites from the SFF, add the aura and forehead sign you want, and reinsert them in the SFF after having created a master palette.

You might as well start training just now on whatever character to see if you can do it properly, just for the sake of it. And if you're motivated enough to do so for a whole spriteset once Majin Vegeta is released, then be my guest. ;)