YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread (Read 1071693 times)

Started by AlexSin, October 14, 2012, 11:57:57 am
Re: [Theme Thread] Z2 Sprite thread
#1181  April 15, 2017, 02:42:02 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Hi, Ethan. Been seeing some OK things with your Trunks. The shading and colors overall seem pretty good! However your proportions and how the body looks in general can use some work.  I took the liberty of giving your Trunks sprite new arms and legs (and minor changes to the chest):

Also left out the shiny shade for the spandex but added a darkest shade, as that's how I did it for Vegeta. And I added the lightest shade to the yellow toe parts of the boots. Lastly, your Trunks did not have a crotch, the (viewer's) left leg was bent pretty awkward and unnatural and his arms were...pretty bad in terms of anatomy  :charming:
I hope this helps you along a bit :)
#1182  April 15, 2017, 04:02:18 pm
    • Argentina
@Ethan The Human: You're welcome! I'm glad to know you liked it :)
@Balthazar: What you did there makes Trunks look perfect now! It makes me want to cry that you didn't touch the head I'd edited lol

ZX2

#1183  April 15, 2017, 04:23:24 pm
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~
That's what I also tried to fixwhile editing his Trunks stance. Heck I even had the same problem long time ago with my OC Z2 Inspired (Kairia Z2), but then I think Paz & Alex gave me a little help (still trying to make her look like she would be a character you'd see in a DBZ fighting game).
->
#1184  April 15, 2017, 08:35:52 pm
  • "Get up, it's too early for you to be defeated!!"
    • New Zealand
    • EthanHoppe053@gmail.com
Thank you so much Balth! He looks perfect now, I'll definitely keep this very close to me when I work more on him.
Hardcore Palette and Color Separation enthusiast
#1185  April 16, 2017, 12:05:11 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Here's my attempt at Future Trunks with the Capsule Corp jacket. Not sure if I've captured the Z2 style, though.

Credit goes to Force for the palette. I have intentionally exaggerated a few things to try to make it more similar to other Z2 sprites, as opposed to the original drawings. Sword is intentionally huge.

EDIT: Added a missing detail on Trunks' left boot.
Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 04:10:15 am by Graphicus
#1186  April 16, 2017, 03:06:53 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion

Tried animating Ethan's Trunks. Everyone else is playing with it, so why not me?
Obviously it's lacking clean-up but I don't have the stamina to complete a full pixelly Z2 animation in one sitting. :P
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#1187  April 16, 2017, 03:22:44 am
  • Great Mind - Improving Skills
  • Low Level raising his power!
    • Skype - andersonscarecrow
Here's my attempt at Future Trunks with the Capsule Corp jacket. Not sure if I've captured the Z2 style, though.

Looks pretty good. Using Force's colors, aren't ya?
It fits Z2's shading. Proportions seem to be good ( to me ) and the metallic shading on the sword was also cool.

Finally touched up this old geezer again after so long. Added the white stripes and fixed a bit of the shading. Should be better now.
What do you guys think? Any criticism is welcome since I'm going to tackle on a few more sprites in Z2 style before trying some others.
#1188  April 16, 2017, 03:29:46 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Graphicus, at the moment it looks like Trunks is looking down.
Have Trunks look up a bit, because his head is down.

LightScarecrow, I like the Jackie Chun. The hair color on the second Jackie could use more contrast.
The lightest color could be a be a bit brighter, or the lines could be darker.
Also the feet could use more form.
In the anime his feet were very small, but the Z2 style is to have exaggerated feet, and hands.
So just adding a sole to the shoe, and seeing a bit of his skin could help.

Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 03:44:23 am by Alpha Proto
#1189  April 16, 2017, 04:08:32 am
  • Some day I'll finish this thing...
    • Argentina
Looks pretty good. Using Force's colors, aren't ya?
It fits Z2's shading. Proportions seem to be good ( to me ) and the metallic shading on the sword was also cool.

Yeah, I'm no good at picking palettes so I had to borrow his. Sorry I didn't mention it. Credit absolutely goes to him.

Glad you like it.

Graphicus, at the moment it looks like Trunks is looking down.
Have Trunks look up a bit, because his head is down.

You think? I thought it was pretty clear he was looking to the right. I'll look into it.
#1190  April 16, 2017, 04:25:11 am
    • USA
    • Skype - iamvictorrios
Graphicus, the yellow of his left eye brow looks kind of looks like the white of his eye.
So it makes that eye appear like it is looking down.

I would do this. The pupils of the eyes are clear, and easy to see.
Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 04:32:11 am by Alpha Proto
#1191  April 16, 2017, 05:29:30 am
LightScarecrow, I like the Jackie Chun. The hair color on the second Jackie could use more contrast.
The lightest color could be a be a bit brighter, or the lines could be darker.
Also the feet could use more form.
In the anime his feet were very small, but the Z2 style is to have exaggerated feet, and hands.
So just adding a sole to the shoe, and seeing a bit of his skin could help.

Fixed. Thank you, Alpha Proto. I'll remember this when I do my next Z2 style sprites.

>
#1192  April 16, 2017, 05:55:54 am
    • Mexico
Graphicus the best trunks i see
http://armentis.deviantart.com/ http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=133017.0
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

ZX2

#1193  April 16, 2017, 06:33:23 am
  • Bringer of Unseen Tales
  • The Finale Begins With You~
Wh-why is everyone- *Wheezes* this much attention on trunks oh my god XD. I don't know whether to join in or-
#1194  April 16, 2017, 06:49:02 am
  • Game cards do not actually talk
    • New Zealand
    • Skype - lunchpolice
    • www.youtube.com/user/Quackbillion

Tried my hand at an attack animation.
I don't know how people create entire characters. This shit is hard.
Formerly LunchPolice aka Quack
#1195  April 16, 2017, 06:53:31 am
I haven't sprited but from what i've seen of the process....I don't think I ever will. You have to have alot of patience and be good with it along with having a non busy schedule. Also a team helps but most spriters in MUGEN don't have that so yeah. Good luck with this regardless.
#1196  April 16, 2017, 06:54:10 am
Wh-why is everyone- *Wheezes* this much attention on trunks oh my god XD. I don't know whether to join in or-

Trunks deserves it. He, along with Cell and ( even though I kinda hate him ) Broly are some of the most requested and well known DBZ characters to appear in HDBZ and there's still no sign of Trunks ( even though Cell has been hinted at a bit ).

And Lunchpolice, I feel you dude. I really do. Reminds me of trying to animate a stance to that horrid Tien I did so long ago.

EDIT:
Memes never die, you could also take the "me" route and just sprite when you want to and be as lazy as you can at it.
#1197  April 16, 2017, 06:55:46 am
That method is also one you can use. Oh if Cell is ever made a TFS voice option would be perfect but for now I can only hope.
#1198  April 16, 2017, 07:00:10 am
That method is also one you can use. Oh if Cell is ever made a TFS voice option would be perfect but for now I can only hope.

Please no.
And by that I mean FUCK no.
A reference to TFS is one thing, try to force in TFS jokes, voices, etc. just gets old and is really annoying.
I remember this being discussed in a Teen Gohan Z2 thread a while back and I agree with every bit of it.
TFS is funny and all, but you should keep away from it for the most part in a serious project like HDBZ is. If you don't consider it serious, think of all the hours of spriting, coding, thinking and stress the Z2 team may pass through and you will get it eventually. If I one day sprited a complete character and took long with it, dedicated myself to do something just to see it being used as another "DODGE!" quote, I'd stop spriting. It's just that stressing. If you want to sprite a joke character, it's something else that could happen. If you want to actually sprite and do something decent and someone did that, it's lack of respect for your project.

Edit:
Sorry for the rant and out of context, but I thought it was needed.
#1199  April 16, 2017, 07:05:01 am
 It's okay I get it sorry for that next time i'll know what not to say atleast :).
#1200  April 16, 2017, 07:16:07 am
It's okay I get it sorry for that next time i'll know what not to say atleast :).

That said, Cell's voice in general is already similar to his TFS one if that's what you care about and Z2 team has referenced TFS in the past ( "Should've dodged" was one of Piccolo's win quotes, if I recall ).
Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 07:22:46 am by LightScarecrow