custom haunted house (Read 5950 times)

Started by Dfalcon, July 28, 2011, 07:50:13 am
Share this topic:
custom haunted house
#1  July 28, 2011, 07:50:13 am
  • pills here
    • USA
    • davesmugen.wetpaint.com
my friend titan made this house for me i worked it a bit to be a mugen stage :D i think it pretty cool
it a pretty big stage so i just posted the background image not in game

download here

the project going on again check it out
http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=136755.20
Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 11:56:07 am by Dfalcon
Re: custom haunted house
#2  August 01, 2011, 10:35:02 am
  • pills here
    • USA
any thoughts?

#3  August 01, 2011, 10:44:05 am
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
I like the style of the house. But the flat 2d appearence would fit more a game like a Castlevania RPG than a fighting game, nontheless it's really nice looking anyway. :D
#4  August 01, 2011, 12:50:12 pm
I downloaded it, tried it out and sorry, but I deleted it.  It just didn't look good.
#5  August 01, 2011, 04:29:23 pm
    • mugen.wikia.com/wiki/The_MUGEN_Database
i have to go with zingo on this

it really does look really bad in the game

#6  August 02, 2011, 01:14:08 am
  • pills here
    • USA
it was more of just for kicks i have a craving for Halloween already lol and i want a Halloween fighting stage

#7  August 03, 2011, 05:12:36 pm
    • USA
    • presleybright.bandcamp.com
Dude, I don't care what anyone says.  It DOES NOT look bad in MUGEN.  I love the retro feel of it.  Add a nice floor, parallax the Mansion and the sky, add some glow to those pumpkins, and move that ghost around, and BAM, it's perfect.  Maybe some leaves and such moving across the screen.  Make the clouds move across.  Light up those trees, add some ghosts or bats to the graveyard, make the drapes in the window open and close.  In fact, I think I'm going to do this to the stage (Of course I won't release it unless you let me,) but, dude, I really do love it!  I can already hear a nice eerie organ soundtrack, or heck, maybe just some spooky rustling wind. 

Just as a base, this stage is wonderful.  I love the colors, the atmosphere (I LOVE HALLOWEEN!).  Add a few extra things and this stage and, to me, it is top notch. 
Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 05:15:43 pm by Zinjonovic
#8  August 03, 2011, 09:53:17 pm
    • mugen.wikia.com/wiki/The_MUGEN_Database
the screen shot that you posted looks better then it does in the game iam sure there is something you can do to make it better maybe if you lower the heights of the stage also add some animations too it also  over all i seen worst and this is not the worst but its not the greatest either but do look into the height maybe low it down a lil
#9  August 05, 2011, 02:23:46 pm
    • USA
    • presleybright.bandcamp.com
The height is good, especially for super jump characters.  If he shrinks the height of the stage, the character will look too big compared to the house.  It just needs some extras, but as a base, it has a wonder NES look to it.  Maybe retro is just my favor, but I think after some tweaks and twists, boom, it's great!