Progress (Read 678514 times)

Started by Neocide, January 23, 2011, 06:31:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Progress
#541  February 12, 2013, 12:26:32 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I don't understand what is happening in the two screenshots you posted before though. Is it like some kind of aura attack (like Gogeta by DGZ)?

the screenshots before were a version of the cell jr moves here, it was hard to show the move in an image because it's sorta quick. basically cell would split out a form of him and it would attack the opponent, then fade out on impact.

I kinda guessed you were going this route for Cell Jrs (didn't think you'd make them specials too though).
Easier to code and probably more useful in the end. :)

indeed, I seen all the work that making them mini characters was, and it was sort of redundant since in the game one of the bonus levels will be fighting a shitton of cell jr's and saibamen.
#542  February 13, 2013, 12:27:06 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
2-12-13

decided to stick to 3 versions of cell jr's. 3 more variations might feel a bit too much. He sorta feels like a boss character as is right now. with dictator and geese's moveset. not to mention possibly some other boss I can't think of right now (With the cell jr's)

Re: Progress (Cell layout + videos)
#543  February 16, 2013, 08:39:11 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
2-16-13

Mass update:

Cell is almost complete, just needs his last super (cell jrs) and some wins and intros, plus his throw (ugh Custom states are so boring)

Cell will be the final boss and he's very counter heavy. He's a hybrid of geese and dictator with a little vice and original stuff thrown in.

Vids -

Specials

Kaboom-

Based on vice's mayhem>>misanthrope special (one of my favorite moves like ever)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Ki shield Counters -

These are based on Geese's counters, there are 3 versions, Standing, Crouching and Air. I don't have a video for the air one because well it's hard to do the counter command and make p2 jump and punch.

Destroy -
Based on Geese's Jai'ken three versions short mid and long ranged.

Cell Bullet -
First of the dictator's moves this is the medium version of the move. Works just like dictators.

Cell Stomp -
Second move based on dictator, it's basically the same thing as dictator does for his head stomp, just no room for a follow up.

Cell Jr - High

Cell jr attack that hits standing opponents, projectiles will cause the cell jr to blow up. or if it hits you on impact.

Cell Jr - Low

Cell jr attack that hits crouching opponents, projectiles will cause the cell jr to blow up. or if it hits you on impact.

Cell Jr - Anti Air

Cell jr attack that hits standing opponents, projectiles will make the cell jr to blow up. or if it hits you on impact.

Supers

Khh-

Pretty much like vegeta's galick ho, since these level one beam supers will collide in the actual game they will all work the same.

Death Beam-

Freiza's death beam, second Level one super. smaller characters dont get hit though, none of mine, but a certain coty doesn't get hit. Not my problem though :p

Makankasoppo-

First of Cell's level 2 supers, this one like his other level 2 super is a counter, so don't run into cell or he will hit your dumb ass.

Ki Shield-

Cell's second counter super, basically a super version of his ki shield move. but more damage.

well thats all till I finish the cell jr's which should be tedious but fun to use. enjoy! I should be able to have him released before the end of the month to go along with vegeta, then I'm taking a coding break to sprite fat buu's replacement because I need a grappler, and that will be recoome.

edit- havent added his special or super sparks in yet. so the ones in now for moves isn't final. Also the khh charge effect is a placeholder.
Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:44:26 pm by Neocide
#544  February 16, 2013, 11:21:47 pm
#545  February 18, 2013, 03:41:01 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Taking a break from cell, a long one, as I am entirely bored with coding him. All thats left is his cell jr super (I started on it) and his throw plus some intros and wins. Just can't find the motivation to finish any of it.

So I'll be spriting recoome.
#546  February 18, 2013, 03:59:50 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Will he be able plant vegetables in the soil ?  :anxious:

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#547  February 18, 2013, 04:01:22 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
of course, he's my grappler afterall
#548  February 20, 2013, 08:55:22 pm
Does he also pick Broccoli's?

I'm finally progressing a bit more with my part of the plate .
Done 2 rows of the sprites, sorry for the huge delay :(

But I think I'll tweak his stand animation after I'm done with the rest.
His pants look very choppy :/
#549  February 20, 2013, 09:12:38 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Who... are you working on ?

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#550  February 20, 2013, 09:24:20 pm
Broly.
#551  February 21, 2013, 07:44:14 pm
#552  February 21, 2013, 08:07:39 pm
  • Coder and Voice Actor
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/thisisgir
Oooh can I voice it ;D
#553  February 22, 2013, 12:33:33 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
I really hope to see a risized Bversion of Broly.
#554  February 22, 2013, 12:45:08 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Broli is going to be resized in mugen.
#555  February 22, 2013, 01:40:35 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Sorry for the typos :P

Resize by localcoords as you originaly planed or he will do the same thing you did with Goku?
#556  February 22, 2013, 01:42:08 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
the original plan, I don't have time to resprite everyone. otherwise I would.

edit- due to me losing interest in spriting a whole new sheet that is dbz, I'm going to finish my 17 sheet instead. still a bad guy, just not recoome. I finished his base (recoome) but I can't find it in me, to finish the entire thing.

After 17 I MIGHT still do cooler, if not oh well, I'm kind of losing interest spriting dbz in general and would like to move on (I have sheets of bleach characters + some others I finished that I plan to code once this game is in the last phases)

Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 05:02:12 am by Neocide
#557  February 25, 2013, 05:02:17 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
okay I started swapping frieza with the base, plan to start his specials soon. Lost interest with cell atm, so he's being held off. And I can't for the love of me push forward on spriting anything dbz right now.

also I'm nixing ki shots for 17 and 18 along with powering up. Iced suggested for 17 to use his gun and grenades for the ki button. grenades I'm a little skeptical about. Power up for 17 will be a ki shield. but it'll only work against projectiles. Not against physical attacks. for 18 I have no idea atm

was looking for ideas as to what I can turn these two buttons into for the androids.
#558  February 25, 2013, 06:12:31 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
if anyone bothers to read this or whatnot, looking for testers for cell. I'm bored with him so need some people to really test him out. GOD don't reply, I'm going to send him to you at some point.

all thats left to do on him is his cell jr super (cyanide is going to finish it for me) his intros\win and a throw.
#559  February 25, 2013, 07:20:46 pm
    • USA
    • yohasakura4@sbcglobal.net
For one of 18s extra buttons you could make her have an attack like jigglypuff from supersmash bros. On the game jigglypuff sings and anything close to her falls asleep. You could make 18 blow a kiss or something and make anyone standing in a small radius around her gets dizzy/tired animation for a moment.
#560  March 12, 2013, 02:22:04 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
okay I took a small break and now started on coding again.

progression news -

Cell - I've decided to give cell a mode change super, basically he'll switch between sayajin (more power based specials\ supers) Alien (counter and trap type specials\supers) and Cell (basically cell jr attacks) Each mode will have about 4-5 moves to him, as well as one or two mode specific supers.

Frieza- I'm starting on his air then specials today.

Piccolo - After frieza, should be fun to show off when he gets going, possibly the best looking sheet.

ginyu - ginyu will start after piccolo, and his supers and specials will incorporate the ginyu force, basically making ginyu the ginyu force. He'll switch modes on the fly (recoome+guldo or burter + jiece) he'll have one or two specials with himself, and most others will be with the other 4 including his supers.

18 - is after ginyu still on the fence with her ki button and power up though.
Goku - after 18

Gohan - After goku

kuririn - After gohan

16 - After kuririn

Trunks - After 16

Broly - After Trunks

Vegeta - Update with ussj mode. no idea when he'll be worked on could be a surprise entry after ginyu or something.

system - Going to tweak everyone's basic system to give people a bit more of a different feel from one another. As of now vegeta has 4 Light Attacks, 4 hard attacks and one launch attack. Frieza has 3 Lights, 4 hards and 2 Launch hits (his tail attacks) most people will equal nine attacks in general with some being a bit more, also the system will change for everyone. Including ki shots and charged ki blast move.