Progress (Read 674781 times)

Started by Neocide, January 23, 2011, 06:31:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Progress
#561  March 12, 2013, 05:38:19 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Nice to see U back.

Just one question...
These chars will be fly or atleast will combo well on the air?
#562  March 12, 2013, 09:22:36 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Great to see you back on track.

Don't overdo it with Cell, you're only one man on a full game. ;P
Can't wait to see what you do with Frieza.
Idea for Ginyu sounds really good. I know you won't make a functionnal body exchange (possible in a full game, but that's like recoding all chars of the game in Ginyu, so no), but what are your plans for it ?
#563  March 12, 2013, 11:05:17 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I'm more than likely going to make it a health swap,move outside the game, and inside it'll be a health + super finisher. basically turning into the other player to do one move to kill off p2. Ending with the opponent doing a ginyu force pose.

as for cell, he's the final boss, so he'll need to be upped as far as mechanics, but he's already plenty full now, the different modes is easy enough to code. with adding one or two more supers + diff poses (and maybe diff basic mechnaics) to each mode.

frieza is turning out pretty well. He has no upward launcher, but he's going to have a special for air combos. I basically made his launch button into tail based attacks.
#564  March 12, 2013, 01:39:02 pm
Using multiple fighting style sounds like a Gen (old kung fu dude in street fighter) thing.
But using 3 modes really seems overkill yet interesting :p

Really looking forward to your Cell.
I'm back to work now ........
#565  March 15, 2013, 03:12:57 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
it has to be overkill, he's the boss after all. (The AI will switch modes a little different. and have a secondary mode in the final round if he loses a round) it cost 1000 power to do so it's not like you can keep switching all the time.

Might give him super mode cancels(SMC) as well, that unlock a different super depending on what mode you switched to. switching to frieza's mode during a SMC would result in a death beam. It'll take two power bars to super mode cancel though. It's a nice way to lead in to the other mode.

Edit- Forgot to mention I'm going to give trunks different swords for most of his palettes. Probably starting with his 3rd one down. So far I've thought of the Master sword,the sword from thunder cats, and cloud's buster sword. I'm up for suggestions for other Swords.
Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:33:04 am by Neocide
#566  March 15, 2013, 05:15:48 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Interesting idea...
excalibur from fate stay night or The Soul Calibur in one of is forms maybe.
#567  March 15, 2013, 02:40:03 pm
Edit- Forgot to mention I'm going to give trunks different swords for most of his palettes. Probably starting with his 3rd one down. So far I've thought of the Master sword,the sword from thunder cats, and cloud's buster sword. I'm up for suggestions for other Swords.

Looks tough but interesting!
Squall's Gunblade, Dabura's sword are my ideas.
#568  March 19, 2013, 05:05:29 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I decided to save myself time (and much pain later) by doing everyone's basic work (sff,air,snd, basic attack setup up to ki attacks). This way when I go back to each character I'll just have to shell out their specials supers and intros\wins. I'll show videos of everyone's differences in systems when I finish them all. Frieza's is done as of now, working on ginyu, then it'll be piccolo then kuririn, followed by goku 18 and gohan (all of them are already swapped just need to redo the system) followed by the remaining broli,bojack 16 and finally trunks. (he still needs his sword)

Most characters I'll more than likely release as separate characters, the game versions of them will be a bit different; ie goku and vegeta will be transforming characters in game, while as separate released characters they will not. There might be other things as well (like goku and vegeta being in their base form when fighting ginyu)   I'm also thinking of adding my OLD kid buu's fly mode, but it will only work against other characters From Allstars.

I'll incorporate it at some point whenever I find that kid buu, if anyone has that version please send it.
Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:09:07 pm by Neocide
#569  March 19, 2013, 06:16:20 pm
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
If you're still looking for testers...
I can lend a fan hand.

#570  March 19, 2013, 06:57:57 pm
    • Poland
Most characters I'll more than likely release as separate characters, the game versions of them will be a bit different; ie goku and vegeta will be transforming characters in game, while as separate released characters they will not.

NOOOOOOOOOO Why ?! I don't want to sound like fanboy but you know I wanted to play with your Trans Goku in regular Mugen FOR YEARS now.... I'm sorry to say but I feel very disapointed & sad now :(

I have your Kid Buu 2.0 but I'm not sure if that is the one you looking for. Let me know so I can send it to you if you need it.
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#571  March 19, 2013, 07:09:27 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
it's not like he's not going to be done, and I'm not doing ssj3 goku, it's only normal to ssj. because I want to do some kaioken based moves. There has to be something unique to the game to play them there. Also there is that annoying custom throw bug that annoys the shit outta me. if you want to play a transforming goku from me in regular mugen go play my Ultimate goku. if 2.0 has him flying from the get go then yes, thats the one I want.
#572  March 19, 2013, 07:25:39 pm
    • Poland
Well in readme is stated that he have flight so there he is:
http://www.mediafire.com/?agd52ejlbvb2fb1

What Ultimate Goku you mean ? The one you released as incomplete ? Yeah he could be really great if somebvody could finish him up...  But in current state it's not really playable...

So no SSJ3 Goku in game ? Wow that's sad :( I know you made some ssj3 goku sheet(s) in the past ? You planning to do anything with it in future ? It would be shame if it just go to waste...
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#573  March 19, 2013, 07:42:36 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
the only thing goku is missing is supers, other than that he's very playable. And the only ssj3 sheets I did were small ones. I'm not doing anyone from buu saga NO ONE.

When this roster is done (sprite wise) I am not doing anything dbz at all again.

edit--- okay I just noticed, wrong sff in my goku link god dammit..... it's fixed now.
Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:08:46 pm by Neocide
#574  March 20, 2013, 01:20:36 pm
Also there is that annoying custom throw bug that annoys the shit outta me.

In MUGEN 1.0 you can use this

Code:
[State 0, 0]
type = RemapPal
source = 1,1

It will remap your character color to another palette.
So if you change Normal Goku's palette to SSJ Palette, his colors will stay even when hit ;)
This removes the color issues in custom states.

So you can use the palette + start as "EX" characters to start the during character select
and use custom variables so characters start in EX mode with certain palettes.

Simply put:
any button of A,B,CX,Y,Z in MUGEN selects the colors for Normal Goku.
(Palno 1 to 6)

Any button + start selects SSJ Goku
(Palno 7 , 12)

Any moves for Goku in either mode share palettes so you just need 1.
Use custom variables like this:

Code:
[State -2, ParentVarSet]
type = VarSet
trigger1 = PalNo = [7,12]
Var( SSJ State VarNo. ) = 10

Now you don't need custom sprites for every move SSJ Goku does, like gethits.
Just make his hair messy for both modes :p

Vegeta would be no problem at all xD

Of course these are just possibilities, you can use it if you like it.
Or if you don't like the ideas of starting in "EX" mode, skip the whole thing :p
#575  March 20, 2013, 06:19:53 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
yea I know that way, thats not how I wanted to do it. but you seem to more about coding then I thought :p
#576  March 20, 2013, 07:48:15 pm
Yeah, I tried to code stuff at some point.
Just never got things to work properly :\

I still dream of making my own game, but it prolly has to wait for some 60 years before that happens xD

But yeah it was just a thought, I know it's more awesome if you could swap the sprites more properly to change modes.
#577  March 26, 2013, 11:12:08 am
you should add a story mode too since you have the most characters from the dbz saga, there is a tool somewhere that allows you to make a story mode in mugen
#578  March 26, 2013, 02:03:25 pm
Yes, I already said that. There should be one.
#579  March 26, 2013, 02:54:39 pm
This game will be great with or without Story. Neocide puts too much effort in spriting and coding. İ am happy with what we get. Some special intro's and wins would do the trick if that's planned for specific Characters. Telling the same Story we know over and over again will just delay work really.
Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:58:41 pm by DJ Track
#580  March 26, 2013, 04:38:32 pm
I agree with your post.

But as an add-on/update of the game (when it is released) there could be a "what if" story.