YesNoOk

Progress (Read 676427 times)

Started by Neocide, January 23, 2011, 06:31:53 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Progress
#1201  November 20, 2014, 06:14:36 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
I thought this project ended long time ago..
That felt uncalled for and entirely smug, were you trying to start something with the comment? If so don't do that again.

I don't remember what I said or if I said anything about those sprites, all I remember is that I've proposed editing camo on Cell to look more accurate. Anyway, for this size sprites seems to missing color blending, skin and hair looks too bright, too high contrast of colors, they look like if someone used thresholding on them. I've made a slight edit for comparison.

We are going for a more refined style to make it look closer to the anime's style, adding a 4th shade to the skin and the hair defeat that purpose. Also your colors are boring and kill the whole light effect we went for with the colors. I think its because you are used to SB sized sprites that these looks odd to you so if its to force your style unto our sprites, please refrain yourself. It ruins the whole anti-aliasing, a problem already visible on most of your sprites.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 06:30:10 am by Ryūku Tsukuyomi
#1202  November 20, 2014, 11:48:15 am
That felt uncalled for and entirely smug, were you trying to start something with the comment? If so don't do that again.
No, I don't think he was.

The shading Seifer gave to the sprite feels Raging Blast-like, and I'm not a fan of that. I noticed he changed his right part of the blue gi (?), and sincerely I think the original is better. The face too. But that's my opinion.
The fix on the pants is good though.

Perhaps the hair could be coloured more orange-ish and show the different shades, like this:
left=original     right=hair palette changed a bit
but this can be done with just a palette change.
#1203  November 20, 2014, 11:54:18 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
eww just... no.

No offense alex, but you are not good with colors :p

Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 11:57:38 am by Neocide
#1204  November 20, 2014, 12:14:46 pm
:bigcry:

I admit that was lazy.
Here's what I wanted to do:

But when changing colours I noticed that you used a skin colour on his hair.
Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 12:46:31 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#1205  November 20, 2014, 12:54:52 pm
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#1206  November 20, 2014, 12:55:20 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
his hair color was fine as is, orange is completely wrong. And I already knew about the bang thing, it was a little goof up.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1207  November 20, 2014, 12:57:06 pm
Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:57:04 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#1208  November 20, 2014, 03:15:23 pm
    • keroroseed00@hotmail.fr
dragon ball z all star is still alive
Neocide just takes time
for the best results ( ^__^)
#1209  November 20, 2014, 03:25:26 pm
    • youtube.com/user/SeiferFirehart
(sigh..) By ended I meant finished.. I was out of mugen for over a year but saw some characters on net recently so that's why.. You're doing your original style, that's ok. I'm not a fan of it, looks too edgy for me (what's that anti-aliasing you're talking about?). But all I did is showing my opinion with comparison how it would look (not trying to enforce anything) and this happens.. lol.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1210  November 20, 2014, 05:55:32 pm
Would the two of you stop this shit?
It's ruining the thread, thanks.
#1211  November 20, 2014, 09:46:49 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
seems to have been a misunderstanding, excuse the defensiveness. Let's just move past this now.

GLB

#1212  November 21, 2014, 02:15:53 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Vegeta's Island stage is completed. Here's some shots to try and capture all elements. Started Cell Games but it will be worked on for a while, so expect that to be a later stage. The plains (yamcha/final gohan/piccolo) and road (18) should be the next done. Hope to get more work in this weekend after work week is ovvveeeerrrrrrr.

#1213  November 21, 2014, 03:46:28 am
    • Venezuela
    • Blacksight22@Yahoo.Com.Ve
    • Skype - sebastian.osio
Very nice GLB! Really nice!

#1214  November 21, 2014, 07:29:20 am
  • [The Destroyer]
  • College Life is Killing Me
    • USA
    • Skype - wattawright
    • mugencoder.com/authors/view/watta
Noice.
#1215  November 21, 2014, 12:53:57 pm
Looking good, though I need to say it looks obviously mirrored.
Would be nice if that could be fixed.

GLB

#1216  November 21, 2014, 01:04:23 pm
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
Without tilable objects that's hard to remedy . It doesn't bother me that much
#1217  November 21, 2014, 08:15:48 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
yea it doesn't bother me as well, seeing as how the moutains only really show up when you jump, you aren't really in view of them enough to be bothered by them imo.
#1218  November 23, 2014, 11:19:14 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
new hair on goku sucked, so not keeping it. Yay I wasted a shitton of time making crap :D and no I will not show it. Kinda sick of goku in general, but the big hair is back. Still doing the ssj\ssj2 thing though. Hair be damned.
#1219  November 23, 2014, 11:37:34 pm
  • Somewhere between Guilty Gear and real rap
  • ey b0ss
    • nass.yh95@gmail.com
new hair on goku sucked, so not keeping it. Yay I wasted a shitton of time making crap :D and no I will not show it. Kinda sick of goku in general, but the big hair is back. Still doing the ssj\ssj2 thing though. Hair be damned.

:(
Quite a shame. I actually was eager to see what you had in store for us, even if it was crappy. Anyways, best of luck!
This is a generic forum signature.
#1220  November 24, 2014, 09:11:38 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I'm going to hold off on Vegitto, And might scrap him entirely (As I really have no intention of doing the gloves and boots anytime soon, or extra heads, fuck that shit is boring as all hell) I'll finish off gohan I'm gonna start coding now. Really lost my drive to sprite atm.
Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:36:23 am by Neocide