YesNoOk

Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Read 1207282 times)

Started by Santtu, May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you finished + 2 lines review.
#481  June 07, 2012, 03:48:09 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Batman: Arkham City

An incredibly well built and beautiful game, but it felt...short. Granted I didn't do all of the side missions, and I'm not enough of a completionist to chase down all those damn Riddler Trophies, but I expected a little more from the main story. That's what I get for playing too many RPGs?

Anyway, overall it was highly enjoyable, though that final boss came out of nowhere, and the ending was kinda meh. 8/10
#482  June 07, 2012, 05:22:33 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Everyone lately is always complaining about how it sucked and that it was even worse than XIII (even though they fixed literally everything that was supposedly wrong with XIII.)
I personally enjoyed the hell out of this game. It was fun, it had a lot going on, the story was interesting enough to keep me on my toes, the gameplay wasn't really new, but it felt more enjoyable and easier than XIII, the character development was great, the side quests were a real challenge and fun (and I haven't even fought anything at the coliseum, yet) and the ending was.....well, let's just say this DLC better be what I think it is otherwise I'm going to have to buy Final Fantasy XIII-3.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
#483  June 07, 2012, 08:35:33 am
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Max Payne 3

Amazing game, worthy sequel to the series. The gunplay, movement, physics and soundtrack are superb and Max evolves as a character throughout the game. The story does get a bit too rockstar-ish at times and manages to lose the noir theme for a while and there are too many cutscenes sometimes, but it's a minor complaint. The cover system in the game does not make it a boring cover-shooter, it's used mainly as a way to take cover from enemy gunfire while formulating a plan before emerging like a ballerina with a gun, orchestrating the death of foes with grace. Just don't shootdodge into a wall or you'll hit it hard and embarrass yourself.

The multiplayer is pretty fun as well, not the most balanced or thoughtful but it's hilarious shootdodging into a room from a window and taking out everyone.

GOH

#484  June 07, 2012, 02:12:14 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
My God, I can't wait to go nuts on Multiplayer. :D
#485  June 07, 2012, 02:15:12 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
In moderation my friend. Failed shootdodge in multiplayer = ur ded
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#486  June 11, 2012, 06:48:18 am
    • Jamaica
Mass Effect 3

First of all: the nerd rage over the ending proves that, once again, nerd rage is completely retarded. Yes, it could use some clarification with regard to what everyone does in the aftermath, but come on... Anyway, EC will fix that, so let's wait and see. :)

As for the rest of the game: it was beautifully put together. It had some technical hiccups here and there (mostly volume dips and spikes for me), squad interaction felt a little weak in comparison to ME2, and I definitely felt less in control of the conversations, but the combat, skill trees, and epic set pieces were amazing. :)

I can't wait for EC and the other SP DLC(s) they have planned (though I don't see what they could possibly do). In the meantime, however, I'll be playing multiplayer. Geth Infiltrator + Claymore = unstoppable death.

8/10
#487  June 11, 2012, 07:16:30 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
Mass Effect 3

First of all: the nerd rage over the ending proves that, once again, nerd rage is completely retarded. Yes, it could use some clarification with regard to what everyone does in the aftermath, but come on... Anyway, EC will fix that, so let's wait and see. :)

As for the rest of the game: it was beautifully put together. It had some technical hiccups here and there (mostly volume dips and spikes for me), squad interaction felt a little weak in comparison to ME2, and I definitely felt less in control of the conversations, but the combat, skill trees, and epic set pieces were amazing. :)

I can't wait for EC and the other SP DLC(s) they have planned (though I don't see what they could possibly do). In the meantime, however, I'll be playing multiplayer. Geth Infiltrator + Claymore = unstoppable death.

8/10

I still hope you get the chance to go through the 1st one, in some form or the other.

Great, now I miss playing it.  :'(

#488  June 11, 2012, 07:22:54 am
    • Jamaica
I'll be building a gaming PC pretty soon, and I plan on getting the entire trilogy for it, so I can see how every detail plays out. :)
#489  June 11, 2012, 07:26:01 am
  • Standby for Slumber
    • USA
I'll be building a gaming PC pretty soon, and I plan on getting the entire trilogy for it, so I can see how every detail plays out. :)

Ohhh, neat! I hope it all works in order.

Also:

Hero's Adventure from Kongregate.

Just...

...wow.
Play it.
#490  June 11, 2012, 08:00:51 am
    • Jamaica
Cool, might give it a shot. BTW, I just saw a video about the "Indoctrination Theory"...my mind has officially been fucked. I'm replaying that last sequence tomorrow 'cause Harbinger dun tricked me! >:( No more jumping down light filled tunnels for me lol.
#491  June 12, 2012, 01:15:34 pm
  • Unmatched beauty
    • Poland
    • www.youtube.com/user/Shunt666
Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP

My main problem with this game is it's repetitiveness. Once you've collected the gold trigon, say hello to Groundhog Day, as you'll find yourself doing the same thing over and over, with not much new content added. Furthermore, the lack in diversity makes me question the point of the combat system. Sure, the trigon fight had a nifty gimmick to it...but recycling the concept twice? Really? Plain boring. Gotta say though, the idea of using the moon cycle as an important mechanic was pretty interesting.

What I genuinely liked about Superbrothers is it's sense of humour. On the surface the game tries to deliver a serious tale, but there's so much surreal moments and fourth wall breaking lurking about that make the somewhat tedious journey more bearable. Additional props go to Jim Guthrie for composing a good soundtrack.

To sum up, if you don't mind the backtracking and simplicity, give it a whirl. Otherwise you'll probably not like it.
#492  June 13, 2012, 12:22:30 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Hades! Pit!
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#493  June 13, 2012, 11:52:14 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

Mortal Kombat Trilogy - ps1

Yes..seriously. Played the game yesterday a good while after many many years to make some screenshots for - of course -  a fan art tribute gallery. There are many old 2d fighting games which aged well, but MK Trilogy is not one of them. The graphics themself are still somewhat fine..the gameplay is..well..old but the problems which were problems back in 1996 already but were more or less a standard make it really hard to play now. Long loading times, a really weird AI which changes from super easy to super hard after every battle and the whole feeling like playing a bad mugen MK compilation make it difficult to enjoy this game now.

#494  June 19, 2012, 09:46:56 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
#495  June 19, 2012, 09:49:56 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Its awesome. And its also one of the funniest games I've played.

Also yes there is a bit where HAdes and Pit shout each other's name.
#496  June 20, 2012, 12:12:56 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I see. I saw it in the second-hand section of Games shop at a decent price, so I will probably buy it if it's that good.
#497  June 20, 2012, 12:50:30 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I got the box version with the stand and AR Cards.

Also this

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin.

Given that I don't like Jonathan and Sisters mode is way too easy, I prefer Richter mode since its fun whipping people, I'm playing as a Belmont and I loved Rondo of Blood.
#498  June 23, 2012, 08:11:10 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Penumbra: Overture

I'm going ahead and completing all Penumbra games again. For now I've finished the first. Good game, but having a weapon really makes things less scarier when meeting the dogs and spiders. I'm glad they took them out in the next game.
#499  June 23, 2012, 09:41:48 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
The Elder Scrolls:Morrowind

A smaller map than Skyrim,more dialogue options than Skyrim,graphics are made for a 32 mb graphic card(Which i have :'(),great story,great game,the only bad thing is that monsters in the world level up with you,so if you enter a cave and you are lvl 1,enemies will be rats and Nix Hounds,but if you are lvl 30,you will face Daedra,Corprus monsters,Hunger etc.
#500  June 23, 2012, 11:27:19 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Penumbra: Black Plague

Again, a good one. While I was happy that you could no longer defend yourself, the fact that there was hardly enemies and even at the hardest difficulty escaping from them was easy didn't help. Still, I liked the whole underground lab facility concept.