YesNoOk

Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Read 1211676 times)

Started by Santtu, May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you finished + 2 lines review.
#881  April 13, 2013, 04:03:36 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Seeing Mass Effect 2 here doesn't make me feel bad for saying...

Just went through Batman: Arkham City. Very solid overall. I liked the story, and although nothing stood out in particular, everything as a whole shines. I especially love the combat and gadgets/gliding/grappling hook.

Now its time to mop up those Riddler Trophies. Yay...
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#882  April 14, 2013, 01:17:15 am
  • The Extraordinary Spiderman
    • Netherlands
Just finished Ys: The Oath in Felghana.

... Again. INCHING CLOSER AND CLOSER TO THAT FIRST PLACE ON THE LEADERBOARDS.

Also Rednavi is 40th. Point at him and laugh.
#883  April 16, 2013, 07:21:38 am
God of War: Ghost of Sparta HD.

Combat had some serious problems, but, oddly, the game didn't seem to be about that. The story and set pieces and platforming were just fucking wonderful. Tied with 2 for my favorite game in the series, at least until I play Ascension.
#884  April 16, 2013, 11:39:20 pm
Bioshock Infinite.

In two lines (set your display resolution to 320x240 beforehand) : My innocence has been shattered by this blatant tourist trap. I want my money back.

(slightly) Longer version :
-Good : graphics, music, first hour of the story, setting.
-Bad : rest of the story, characters, general gameplay, setting has no bearing on the story unlike Rapture/Bioshock 1&2.
-Worse : enemy AI, way too linear, no replay value, only a few types of enemies, no challenge whatsoever, not a single puzzle.

GOH

#885  April 16, 2013, 11:46:29 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#886  April 16, 2013, 11:50:10 pm
Now that you've mentioned it, I should, just for giggles. *shot*
#887  April 17, 2013, 11:06:05 am
    • Germany
-Good : graphics, music, first hour of the story, setting.
-Bad : rest of the story, characters, general gameplay, setting has no bearing on the story unlike Rapture/Bioshock 1&2.
-Worse : enemy AI, way too linear, no replay value, only a few types of enemies, no challenge whatsoever, not a single puzzle.

huh. technical details aside, that is pretty much the exact opposite of everything I have heard about the game :muh:
#888  April 20, 2013, 05:41:28 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
BioShock Infinite.

Well, now I get why it's called BioShock.  Those clever bastards, tying things so well by keeping them so separated.

Couldn't have asked for a more wonderfully confusing ending.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Absolutely perfect storytelling all around, beautiful looking throughout, and an actual challenge for a change on Hard.  And could not ask for a more better fitting soundtrack.

Really only thing to take away from it...is the lack of scare factor the first two had.  Worst was...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
so that area fell rather flat, but it was still great nonetheless.
Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:47:22 am by Llong Jjohn Killer
#889  April 20, 2013, 06:52:27 am
huh. technical details aside, that is pretty much the exact opposite of everything I have heard about the game :muh:
I could elaborate, but I'd probably end up typing an entire essay and drawing comparisons to the other Shock games and the gameplay demos. : P

Dishonored : The Knife of Dunwall.
Three new missions, which take place in four new maps and one recycled from the main campaign. Took me ~7 hours to complete my first playthrough, but I tend to play these kinds of games slowly, stalking every NPC and checking every nook and cranny. There's also the same moral system as in the main campaign, which means some decent replay value.
  • Liked :
    • setting, including the tidbits you get from eavesdropping on NPCs or reading notes/books
    • finally some non-lethal gadgets
    • level design (probably the best in the entire game)
  • Disliked :
    • uninteresting story and characters
    • mission modifiers (only two real modifiers/bribes that make the first mission slightly easier, the rest of them just give you more loot)
So yeah, I had more fun than in the main campaign... Unexpected. It still isn't Thief though, but I'm looking forward to the next one.
#890  April 20, 2013, 03:50:16 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Tomb Raider

A good game, but it's neither what I expected nor what they advertised it as.  That whole "weak, helpless, inexperienced Lara" angle fell straight out almost immediately (it was lost completely somewhere around the time she grabbed a grenade launcher and screamed "Run you bastards, I'm coming for you") and the so-called survival mechanics were nowhere to be found.  The climbing and exploring elements were spot-on, even if the combat felt too "modern action-adventure shooting gallery" for my taste.  It's pretty much exactly what you'd want in a next-gen Tomb Raider.

DMK

#891  April 25, 2013, 02:43:30 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Haven't done this in a bit.

Bioshock 2

Its fun, but it never hit me quite like the first did, especially not in this playthrough. Getting an even worse feeling so far while playing Infinite. 5.9/10

Bioshock 2: Minervas Den

oh wow i dont really care whats going on in this shi-OH WHAT. THAT WAS COOl. LASER GUN ZUUUUMMMMMMMM, OH GOD HES A WHAT AND IM WHO

8.7/10

#892  April 25, 2013, 05:36:49 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Warriors Orochi 2
A really fun game
Enemies are actually a challenge sometimes,and the story and the characters are pretty cool.
Kiyomoris move in which he jumps in the air and lands on his face,creating a energy wave,is the weirdest and dumbest move i ever seen...Althought its the most epic faceplant i ever seen by now too.
Just unlocked Lu Bu though.....THERE WILL BE BLOOD...

DMK

#893  April 26, 2013, 07:17:34 am
    • USA
Silent Hill

Spooky, nice acting, CG and graphics for the time. The combat felt good and it really put RE to shame, for which RE never caught up for years. Story I'm a little effy on, but I got the jist of it. Sadly i only got the "good ending" because my dumbass forgot the red stuff from the hospital to save a certain someone.

8.9/10
#894  April 27, 2013, 01:55:54 pm
    • Germany
Dark Souls

Made of win and awesome.

There are a lot of opinions about the difficulty level going around. For me it felt like the character's strength and game progress depends on the character's level just as much as the player's skill and world knowledge. I played my first character for some 8 hours, felt like I screwed up my skills, started with a new one and it took me about 45 minutes to get to the same point (and almost level) I was at with the old character. Which is awesome, because there is a LOT to discover in this world, and the characters you play are just different angles to look at it.

I'm not even tired of the battle mechanics yet, even though I was using the same single weapon for the entire game (save for some 10 minutes at the beginning)

9.5/10
#895  April 27, 2013, 02:42:41 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

After only my third or fourth attempt at it.  Every time I set out to play this either something new would come out or I'd lose interest somewhere around the water temple.  But yeah, it's really good.  I mean, it's freaking Ocarina of Time.  I don't think very much more can be said at this point.
#896  April 27, 2013, 07:28:18 pm
  • I'm Mr. Monstro and I live under your bed.........
    • Spain
    • gamerfreaksanaddicts@yahoo.com
    • mugenmonstro.webs.com/
Silent hill 1,2, and 3 PS1 and PS2
Super Mario World
Super Mario Bros. 1
 (ACTUAL SYSTEMs emulators are for pussies)
#897  April 28, 2013, 11:18:16 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
Dark Souls

Made of win and awesome.

There are a lot of opinions about the difficulty level going around. For me it felt like the character's strength and game progress depends on the character's level just as much as the player's skill and world knowledge. I played my first character for some 8 hours, felt like I screwed up my skills, started with a new one and it took me about 45 minutes to get to the same point (and almost level) I was at with the old character. Which is awesome, because there is a LOT to discover in this world, and the characters you play are just different angles to look at it.

I'm not even tired of the battle mechanics yet, even though I was using the same single weapon for the entire game (save for some 10 minutes at the beginning)

9.5/10

wait til you reach the Catacombs  :sneaky:

DMK

#898  April 28, 2013, 11:24:05 pm
    • USA
Bioshock Infinite

why did they even bother to try and explain everything/10. Combat would of been better if you could carry more weapons and boy was there a lack of special powers.
#899  April 28, 2013, 11:49:38 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
wait til you reach the Catacombs  :sneaky:
Last game you finished + 2 lines review.
:V

Besides, Catacombs are easy. All you need is any random ass Divine weapon and you're set.
#900  April 28, 2013, 11:57:05 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
jesus, i am really sick that i can'T read properly :-/ sorry about that