YesNoOk

Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Read 1211381 times)

Started by Santtu, May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you finished + 2 lines review.
#1201  November 17, 2013, 11:36:38 am
I liked it. Didn't love it, but liked it. What I was concerned with was Dream Team sucking ass. D:
#1202  November 17, 2013, 09:06:24 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Dream Team does not "suck ass." Trust me. It's not Bowser's Inside Story but it's damn good albeit simple and slow at the beginning(tutorial bloat near the start but it pans itself out and throws you in full throttle afterwards.) After that it's boss fights with cool dynamics and awesome looking animation + a smooth OST. Anyways, my review is gonna be something interesting.

VIRTUAL BOY WARIO LAND (prolly gonna be 3 or 4 lines, sorry...)
I was initially a bit scared to play this but honestly, if you find an emulator and rig it up right to not have 3D, this game is a masterpiece. The visuals, while simple, animate very smoothly. The main draw of this game is the exploration. There are a lot of secrets for linear looking levels, and it's a joy to play. The bosses are challenging to a degree, almost like Wario Land 4 but not quite there. The music is awesome and funky, albeit sometimes quiet. The best part is, once you beat the game and get all the treasures, a second quest opens up for you to enjoy, with more spikes and less powerups.

Overall Score : 8.5/10

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#1203  November 17, 2013, 09:38:35 pm
  • JNS
  • The One and Only
    • battlecraze.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

玉と碎けよ!
Mugen Things I Did/Battle Craze!!
#1204  November 17, 2013, 09:46:41 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Regrettably yes. That's probably one of the game's only follies in terms of design, haha.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
Re: Last game you finished + 4 lines review.
#1205  November 17, 2013, 09:53:41 pm
    • Germany
THERE I FIXED IT
#1206  November 17, 2013, 10:11:19 pm
    • USA
    • xjiggler@yahoo.com
Konami Wai Wai World:

A japanese only NES game, where Konami's characters are kidnapped, and you have to save them one by one to unlock them. I bought this game and it's sequel through English reproduction carts for $20 and after playing the first one....eh, it wasn't worth it. I haven't touched the second one yet, but the first makes it so you have to be near the end of screen for the level to scroll, but the enemies come out of nowhere and you barely have any time to respond. This, plus that the characters you start with cannot do anything making it way too difficult to unlock other characters, really ruins the game, which is otherwise a mediocre game experience. But, hey, Simon Belmont and Mickey from Goonies.

3.5/10
#1207  November 19, 2013, 06:58:14 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

It certainly improves on pretty much everything III set out.  Minus snow environments, because obvious reasons.  Edward's story was wonderful, but the modern day story was rather lacking....too small in time spent and things to do.  Mostly there to say "Hey, Shawn works at a coffee shop and Rebecca is a courier". (Mirror's Edge reference in the making #1000, guys)

The sailing, being one of the main focuses here, does not disappoint, but upgrading can be a bit of a chore, finding ships with the right cargo needed.  But it's a minor disappointment compared to how fun the rest is.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 07:01:52 am by Long John Killer

GOH

#1208  November 19, 2013, 12:35:40 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

I agree with people that say this is the scariest game ever. For me atleast, it's the scariest game I have ever played. You know a game has reached a new peak in horror when you try to play it for more than half an hour, and you start to feel slightly uncomfortable. Dark corridors, monsters appearing in every corner, tense chase sequences, disturbing themes, etc.

I felt the ending to be a bit anticlimatic mainly because I was waiting for the portal to open and it was boooooring. I'm still surprised at how I managed to evade every single Gatherer in the game without getting hit even once (with the exception of the Chancel trio of course). I did look at some guides in some sections mostly because of some items and puzzles, but even still the monsters are fairly easy to avoid. There are some tricky sections though, like the monster behind the door in the storage room or the escape from the sewers where most people have a tendency to turn back after reaching the door, because well one would guess the monster is on the other side after hearing the Brute roar, BUT NO, it's the same Brute that you tricked speeding like a motherfucker behind you oh god run!

Haven't played a game like this in a long time, in fact I don't think I've ever played a game like this. Truly one of the best horror games out there if not THE best.

Scariest bits of the game IMO:

- The 2nd Kaernk chase (running away from an invisible water monster while closing doors behind you ffffff)
- The Storage Room (basically where shit starts getting serious and monsters start showing up everywhere)
- The Prison (chase sequences are almost unavoidable because the monsters pop up around every corner)
- The Sewers (omfg walking on water makes so much noise and the Brute chase ffffffff)
- The Choir (most dangerous section in the game BY FAR there are like 5 brutes or so patrolling the area, and this tick red fog can't see shit and turning on your lantern only makes it easier to be detected and you can only hide behind the pillars omfg I hate the Choir)
- The Torture Chambers (mainly the ones in the Transept, the Judas Cradle will haunt my nightmares forever ;____;
#1209  November 23, 2013, 09:50:08 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Crash Bandicoot 2
Fuck Piston it Away and fuck Cold Hard Crash

DMK

#1210  November 24, 2013, 09:08:46 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Lego Marvel Superheros

Fun, interesting boss fights and so many references I could never catch them all. If you haven't already picked it I would suggest it highly, just for how versatile characters can be, even as simple as the Thing and Hulk. 8/10
#1211  November 24, 2013, 03:34:57 pm
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
Yakuza 2

Ran this on a PS2 emulator (Pls don't kill me)

Good story, good gameplay which is different from 3-4, love the humour because of the side missions (lol manbabies in Kamurocho) and expansion of adding one more city for a little more discovery. The enemies are a little more challenging and the soundtrack is amazing.

Also

Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:03:49 pm by ERRDOR 6.7
#1212  November 24, 2013, 07:26:21 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Didn't that old era Yakuza game use a similar boss fight, aka fight against tigers?
#1213  November 25, 2013, 01:24:20 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble (PSP)

River City Ransom meets Yakuza combat and God Hand silliness. I can't make this up even if I tried.
Fun Fact: Don't be a shabazo.
#1214  November 25, 2013, 02:09:26 am
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada
#1215  November 25, 2013, 02:11:25 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
That was Yakuza 2 where you had to fight tigers.

Then 5 had a bear.
#1216  November 25, 2013, 02:27:09 am
  • That's awesome!
    • Canada

Then 5 had a bear.

Oh that's what you mean. I could have thought he said that when Nanashi mentioned "old-era Yakuza" he meant Kenzan or 1 also had a part where you fight tigers similar to 2 :S
#1217  November 25, 2013, 03:22:31 am
  • Fuck You.
suikoden iv

had this game for almost a decade and never actually finished it (i do that a lot) decided to since i was already at the last part (all the stars collected minus snowe and ted) and for what it was it was good (polygon ceiling and whatnot but hey this is ps2 so theyre past that)

i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#1218  November 25, 2013, 05:23:08 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
The Typing of the Dead: Overkill (Steam)

Okay, I have to admit, I didn't play House of the Dead: Overkill, so I'm reviewing it strictly from picking it up for the first time.

Holy shit was it fun typing out words at rapid-pace. It felt a bit easy until I unlocked Hardcore mode, though. But in terms of gameplay, I really liked how it was set up.

What really shines in the game, however, is the grindhouse aesthetics. The series is always mocked as being corny with bad voice acting, and now there's finally an excuse to have it as such. The difference, however, is that it's actually really good in fitting in with the environment, especially Isaac Washington being a pretty transparent Samuel L. Jackson clone (but an awesome Samuel L. Jackson clone at that).

I still haven't unlocked everything yet though, so I'm playing through it again.

GOH

#1219  November 25, 2013, 10:42:25 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#1220  November 25, 2013, 05:55:11 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain

Then 5 had a bear.

Oh that's what you mean. I could have thought he said that when Nanashi mentioned "old-era Yakuza" he meant Kenzan or 1 also had a part where you fight tigers similar to 2 :S

Err... I was referring to what you said. I saw some videos about Kenzan and I think one fight was against tigers. But I checked it and it seems I was wrong.