YesNoOk

Last game you finished + 4 lines review.  (Read 1212105 times)

Started by Santtu, May 30, 2010, 07:06:56 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Last game you finished + 4 lines review.
#1221  November 26, 2013, 08:59:05 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
Crash Bandicoot 2
Fuck Piston it Away and fuck Cold Hard Crash
hahaha nub

Ahh the golden days, playing Crash 2 and drinkin milk and eating chocolate chip cookies. ;__;

Those levels fucking suck. Had to play Cold Hard Crash 6 times, by the 4th time I could do everything without dying, it was just the length of the level, it just dragged on and on.

Piston it away has some really bullshit jumps to get back to the death route, fuck those levels.
#1222  November 26, 2013, 09:09:26 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble (PSP)

River City Ransom meets Yakuza combat and God Hand silliness. I can't make this up even if I tried.
Fun Fact: Don't be a shabazo.
Oh wow, I miss that game. I loved everything about it, except the boss with the retarded ground punch attack.

I really want to replay the game now, but my PSP is busted. Was there ever a continuation/next installment to the game? All I remember was Kenka Bancho 4, but it was all Japanese, and the hacked English version still wasn't out at the time.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:12:54 pm by Markpachi
#1223  November 26, 2013, 11:43:44 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
There's only KB4 and I know I shouldn't be telling people "learn japanese so you don't have to wait for impossible localizations" so I'll tell you that you can still enjoy the game regardless since it's relatively import-friendly outside of Smashtalk. Fuck that messed me up bad, though getting MANLY SPIRIT back up is quite easy. Also the JP games aren't as tongue-in-cheek as KB3's localization.

As for missing playing KB3, I can sympathize about the broken PSP. I played it on my newly acquired (and awesomely cheap) Vita and got it when it was on sale for $7.50.
Fuckin'. Worth it.
If you miss it that badly, pray to the angry shibui delinquent gods find an ISO somewhere and emulate it in PPSSPP like I would.

GOH

#1224  November 27, 2013, 10:59:40 am
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
#1225  November 27, 2013, 03:33:22 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
There's only KB4 and I know I shouldn't be telling people "learn japanese so you don't have to wait for impossible localizations" so I'll tell you that you can still enjoy the game regardless since it's relatively import-friendly outside of Smashtalk. Fuck that messed me up bad, though getting MANLY SPIRIT back up is quite easy. Also the JP games aren't as tongue-in-cheek as KB3's localization.
So should I get KB4? I'm kinda confused tbh. :(

As for missing playing KB3, I can sympathize about the broken PSP. I played it on my newly acquired (and awesomely cheap) Vita and got it when it was on sale for $7.50.
Fuckin'. Worth it.
WHAT A FUCKIN' GREAT BUY. Why aren't there deals like that in my country? I mean really!?

If you miss it that badly, find an ISO somewhere and emulate it in PPSSPP like I would.
Ehh, I tend to steer clear when it comes to using emulators. It's not the same IMO.

pray to the angry shibui delinquent gods
You're awesome and have a great sense of humor. Why aren't there more people like you here in Guild? :wall:

#1226  November 27, 2013, 07:20:30 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
State of Decay(PC)
Oh great.To open the door i need to press Y.....on the Xbox 360 controller,which i don't have,because this is a fucking PC game.
Mouse sensitivity is either off the roof or slow as a fucking turtle,there is no middle ground.
If a car goes upside down and you are in it,doesnt matter what speed was the car moving,you will fly like "an eagle,to the sea,fly like an eagle,let my spirit carry me" and lose a bunch of health.
It happened a bunch of times that my team mates that should have been following me run off somewhere else and let me fight 6 zombies on my own with a fuckin pipe.
Also,your character gets tired after walking for 12 seconds and then you have to switch characters,and you can only switch to your "friends",or however you call the guys you bring food and ammo and risk your life for to get almost nothing in return
Fuck this game.
#1227  November 27, 2013, 07:25:30 pm
  • YERRRRRRRRRR
  • HIGHBRIDGE!
    • USA
    • Skype - DJHANNIBALROYCEUSA
    • sites.google.com/site/djhrmugen/
3XTREME for psone.

throwback racing game. not cars....but bikes,skateboards & rollerblades.
graphics was terrible but the unlockable characters made it soooo worth it.
and u were able to perform tricks while racing. XD
i played it more for memories. :)
Follow me on twitter! @djhannibalroyce
#1228  November 28, 2013, 10:03:35 pm
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Battlefield 4

Yes, I'm one of those weirdos that actually buy these games for the single player. Not for the story, mi d you, but for the set peice filled shooting gallery. With that said, BF4 gave me exactly what I wanted. The controls are great, the guns sound magnificent, and of course, being a frostbite 3 game , It's beautiful.

The only problems I had with the game was my disobedient squadmates. I'd spot someone that was trying to flank me while I concentrated on a sniper, but I'd end up dying by the hand of the same guy I tagged while my squad shoots at someone else. Sometimes they won't fire a shot until you tell them either, but they are more than willing to give away our position by darting out into the open.

I've also experienced save file corruption during the Campaign, but thankfully i was only about an hour in at that point.

All in all I had fun. I'll replay it in a bit to get as many gold medals as possible, and might just jump into multiplayer too.

7.5/10

DMK

#1229  November 29, 2013, 01:30:01 am
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Let us be weirdos together because I do the same! I had just finished my normal playthrough and still need to see the two other ending. While I didn't experience the save bug, i did have an odd one popup while during a mission it counted my points, but didn't award my medals or weapons. Which is a shame because its the only one I have left to get my Gold medal on.
#1230  November 29, 2013, 01:38:01 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Piston it away has some really bullshit jumps to get back to the death route, fuck those levels.
Well it IS the last death route after all.

Warped had some insane death routes as well near the end.
Just beat Warped. What death routes? Those things were pussy shit.

Only thing that made the game worse was the racing levels but besides that it went a lot smoother, double jump and hover spin break the game.
#1231  November 29, 2013, 04:39:24 am
That fruit bazooka.

But on topic, A Link Between Worlds. Really good game, hitting my nostalgia buttons in all the right ways and then subverting those expectations. I'm not very far but I'm having a fucking blast so far.

EDIT: Wroooooooong topic.

Uh.

Well

I got nothin'.
#1232  November 29, 2013, 05:04:56 am
  • Humanity can be so much more
    • Jamaica
    • https://network.mugenguild.com/makkah/
Let us be weirdos together because I do the same! I had just finished my normal playthrough and still need to see the two other ending. While I didn't experience the save bug, i did have an odd one popup while during a mission it counted my points, but didn't award my medals or weapons. Which is a shame because its the only one I have left to get my Gold medal on.

Weirdos unite!

Now that you mention it, I recall experiencing the same bug as well on the second to last mission as well. Kinda weird. I've seen 2 of the endings so far, but they're not really that different.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1233  November 29, 2013, 05:14:32 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Dead rising without story resets. Im pretty cool.  8)

I love this game.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 05:17:53 pm by Superhero Lolmechy
#1234  December 01, 2013, 06:56:33 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
#1235  December 01, 2013, 07:14:15 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
So should I get KB4? I'm kinda confused tbh. :(
Yes if you know Japanese, prepare to get your shit wrecked at smashtalk if you don't.
Also I was wrong, there are two more installments after 4: Kenka Bancho 5 and Kenka Bancho Bros. which is supposedly the manliest entry yet.

I KNOW WHAT I'M GONNA GET IN THE FUTURE

EDIT: Another thing that could catch your eye is basically the spiritual successor to the series, GachiTora!, where you play as a gangster teacher ridding the students in his school from their inner demons. You are basically a badass exorcist beating kids and peers up PSYCHOLOGICALLY to save their reputations and their grades.
Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 07:25:17 am by Shwa
#1236  December 01, 2013, 08:22:58 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
Yes if you know Japanese, prepare to get your shit wrecked at smashtalk if you don't.
Ahhhh shit, no Kenka Bacho for me then. :(

Also I was wrong, there are two more installments after 4: Kenka Bancho 5 and Kenka Bancho Bros. which is supposedly the manliest entry yet.
Woah, Kenka Bancho Bros. sounds awesome. I'll check it out later.

EDIT: Another thing that could catch your eye is basically the spiritual successor to the series, GachiTora!, where you play as a gangster teacher ridding the students in his school from their inner demons. You are basically a badass exorcist beating kids and peers up PSYCHOLOGICALLY to save their reputations and their grades.
I'll check it out too, thanks!

#1237  December 03, 2013, 12:14:24 am
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Persona 3

Well I just finished this sucker aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... My god that last boss took me like 2 hours to kill D:

During 59 hours and 30 something minutes of gameplay, I failed to actually get a girlfriend (it doesn't help that I was trying to get in pants of very chick that was showing mild interest in me). I maxed out all my characteristics though.

My only gripe with this game is the fact that you only get 1 turn per round during battles. Thankfully this was fixed in P4. I don't really know what else to say, that boss fight really exhausted me.

9/10. Go play this game if you haven't already.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the master is away.
#1238  December 04, 2013, 11:02:03 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Manos: The Hands of Fate

No, not the movie. This is a fangame that you can buy here.

I walked away from this game pleasantly surprised at the amount of work put into it. It's a retro-style game, but done right. As far as I can tell, the music and graphics follow the NES limitations, and the controller layout is similar as well. It also follows the rule that NES adaptations of movies usually do in that a lot of the times, anything and everything will be out to kill you, whether or not it was in the source. Fortunately, you have a hand gun to shoot stuff, which you can power up into a shotgun.

This game loosely follows the events in the movie, but there are a lot of nods to other terrible movies, namely ones that were featured on Mystery Science Theater 3000. For example, one of the recurring enemies is a levitating, invincible screaming skull, and another one is the jumping green hobgoblins. The most notorious ones, however are the ones featured in the boss fights. There are two boss fights dedicated to fighting The Giant Claw and one fight (in my opinion, the toughest) against Ro-Man. I fail to see what they have to do with Manos, but they're amusing to see in action nonetheless and actually are funner to fight than the Manos characters' boss fights.

In terms of difficulty, this game feels a bit lopsided. The first two/three levels are almost insultingly easy, but after that, it makes the jump to really difficult really fast. So those 10 extra lives you got for not being a total idiot? I guarantee the first time around this game,  you will lose all of them on Level 4/5 alone, even after collecting Crystal Hands to max out your health. In what is simultaneously a good and a bad thing, all the statues that drop items will ALWAYS drop certain items, and the game has a tendency to set check points nearby 1-up statues. There is no disadvantage to getting a game over other than starting the current level from the beginning and losing all your points (which don't really do anything anyway).

So in my opinion, while the game did an okay job of being a tribute to Manos, it did an excellent job at atmosphere for an oldschool NES action/platformer/shooter.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna order from Torgo's Pizza.
#1239  December 04, 2013, 11:09:18 am
    • Germany
The Wolf Among Us, Episode 1

It's only 1/5 of a game so it didn't take very long (couple hours). The time it lasted though was pretty awesome. It's a Telltale game, so voice acting and story telling are superb. The art direction was better than The Walking Dead, and the story is captivating so far buuut it's hard to tell at this point, might just as well not be going anywhere? Sure hyped for the next episodes :)
#1240  December 04, 2013, 11:20:47 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Persona 3

Well I just finished this sucker aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... My god that last boss took me like 2 hours to kill D:

During 59 hours and 30 something minutes of gameplay, I failed to actually get a girlfriend (it doesn't help that I was trying to get in pants of very chick that was showing mild interest in me). I maxed out all my characteristics though.

My only gripe with this game is the fact that you only get 1 turn per round during battles. Thankfully this was fixed in P4. I don't really know what else to say, that boss fight really exhausted me.

9/10. Go play this game if you haven't already.

But did you beat the FES Scenario too and even the secret boss Elizabeth and created the best Personas of the game like Thanatos? :-)