YesNoOk

Anyone else heard of rapper A-1 aka Adam Traore (Read 2569 times)

Started by XANDERAC, November 05, 2011, 04:47:09 am
Share this topic:
Anyone else heard of rapper A-1 aka Adam Traore
#1  November 05, 2011, 04:47:09 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Just curious if anyone else has heard of  the rapper A-1? I only recently started listening to him over the last few months, and I can say that I still enjoy listening to his work. I personally highly recommend his work to just about anyone, you may like some, you may not, but it's certainly all worth a listen.

Also since he's only released mixtapes all his work is also free to anyone, but his music has great beats, awesome flow and is certainly worth at least a look. Songs I personally recommend, as I have them playing probably the most are Breathing, All That!, Youthblood, Get Em, Please Come Back and Circulate.

The segment below is a quote from the bio on his homepage.

Adam Rashid Traore

Better known by his stage name, A-1 is a first generation American rapper from the San Francisco Bay Area. Born and raised in the Mission District of San Francisco by two immigrant parents, A-1 was introduced to an extreme diversity of culture from a young age. Growing up in a working class family, and being exposed to so many walks of life helped define A-1's open-minded and charismatic nature, as well as added to his creative and artistic abilities

He's released 4 mixtapes, all of which are available on his website as a free download [LINK]

Keep Coastin' - 2009
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

A​-​One Man Army (Produced by WooStaar) - 2010

After-School Special - 2010

The Book of Adam - 2011

Links:

A-1 - Youthblood - :LINK:
A-1 - Breathing - :LINK:
Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 07:00:13 am by C-G-U
Re: Anyone else heard of rapper A-1 aka Adam Traore
#2  November 05, 2011, 08:40:17 pm
  • That's right. Get all the marmalade Mr. Giraffe
I really sound like a fan boy for saying it but his music is the shit.I don't know how many times i've play Book of Adam (id recommend everyone to listen to it) and one man army.

For The Book Of Adam these are must listen:

Breathing
Book of Adam
Resolution (My Favorite on this one)
Circulate
Re: Anyone else heard of rapper A-1 aka Adam Traore
#3  November 06, 2011, 02:38:34 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
I totally agree with you Hooten0 he's a very talented young man, and I do wish him the best with his music, he deserves more attention.