YesNoOk

Confused on why I'm in the shit thread after I kept threatening to shit (Read 2381936 times)

Started by Do not even ask, October 28, 2012, 10:37:23 am
Share this topic:
Re: I want to give thanks to the shit thread
#7401  October 25, 2016, 04:59:19 am
  • Rawr!
And issue a permaban to Jason Bourne
such an attitude, no wonder your site is a ghost town

No, you have record of Chuchoryu stealing things.
*facepalm* this is mugen and nothing can be "stolen" because everything is free, he isn't stealing anybody more than you're stealing capcom or snk yourself

that's the issue tho.. he shouldn't have to be constantly reminded to do this..
exactly he shouldn't have to be reminded, so leave him be now, if he credits someone, good, otherwise just let it go, JNP stated a few posts ago that crediting is recommended, not a requirement, so stop acting like it's one

of course I support proper crediting like anybody, but not going completely batshit over it, besides the stupid "stealing" griefs (stealing something that was never owned to begin with *facepalm*) always come along as it happened here

really dude? .. nice twist of my words.. u should be a politician ..

so when are you gonna create something to have it stolen.. i'd love to see YOUR reaction to it.. as far as the Jin Kazama thing goes that is mine as much as it is Roman Kim's if i'm the one PAYING for the god damn thing.
#7402  October 25, 2016, 04:59:46 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
You know, it's nothing to suggest that. It's not even an attack. But what you replied back with wasn't tasteful and makes me consider the ban option. You have a tendency to be a real dick to people. This is the only warning you'll get not to respond in such a way.

EDIT:
JNP stated a few posts ago that crediting is recommended, not a requirement, so stop acting like it's one
The guidelines also say that if someone doesn't give credit most people will probably call them out on it. That's a normal and recommended course of action here too

Should you lift considerable parts from another piece of MUGEN content to use that in your "own" work without mentioning this fact to anyone and this circumstance is later discovered (very often, it is!), it would end up making you look pretty silly in many people's eyes.

But we would not ban you for it--if you admit your actions and don't act stupid about it. Needless to say, it would be better if you made it public knowledge just what you have taken from which source from the beginning (in a readme file, for example).

Example cases follow:

1) Let's say you "release" Eli's Venom with two different palettes, regardless of whether or not you say it's your own or Eli's, whether you're upfront about it or try to talk yourself out of it: you will at least be laughed at, "Haha this is just Eli's Venom with two new palettes, why didn't you just release the palettes separately? Did you think nobody would notice? :p" And if you'd really try to talk yourself out of something as obvious as this, you might get banned pretty fast. Liars get no love.

2) You work for a pretty long time on a Darkstalkers character, release it and it's quite all right, except it then turns out you worked from the sprite file another person put together--
  • admit it and maybe even offer an apology for not saying so from the start... you've probably lost honor points, but all right.
  • deny it before somebody posts proof, then flip out and yell at everybody and you run into the chance of getting into trouble . . .
  • had you made this known from the start, no prob, especially since you produced a decent character despite "stealing"

3) Or if you release something like this strangely popular Nightmare Broli (yeah, we also don't disallow links to "stolen" content)--you will be laughed at, not because you took lots of stuff from other chars and put it together as if you made the entire thing, but mainly because you did so very badly: this Broli is a terrible character by most people's standards. You don't miss anything by not downloading it, and I recommend you not waste your time by doing so--but if you want to, that's your choice. We're not your mothers or the Internet police, we believe in information and choice. A choice in this example case? Download and enjoy the original instead, the one and only Broli by The Necromancer.

To enable such informed decisions for everybody it is necessary that whenever "stolen" things are on topic, it should be noted what's up. By "noted" I do mean "noted," friendly facts, and not screaming bloody murder, "suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuux this is §%&"§$!"§ stolen crap!!!!!!!"

In that way users will be informed of the situation, can make their own choices according to their own conscience, and as for "Give respect to the original authors!! Don't allow links or anything!". . . suppose, to get back to the Broli example, that you're the original MUGEN creator of Broli, see it like this:

Those visitors who just read up there that Nightmare Broli is really badly put together from different sources and still insist on downloading and calling it the greatest character of all time... well, who cares about what such people think anyway? They obviously have little idea, and a lot to learn. Is it worth getting worked up over them? We think not.
Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:06:24 am by Just No Point
#7403  October 25, 2016, 05:06:31 am
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
Something I must say, with a certain sadness, and I'm sure I'll end up regretting in the future to have said that...

Chucho should give up. Seriously.

If he can't improve and stay at the same cycle and, indirectly, starting flamewars on MFG... The better is to him stop his works. I seriously don't know what make him to continue. Seriously, I really want to get what make him to CONTINUE. I know mugen is a hobby and all but... Seriously... If every month, at least one time, something from him ascends other and other arguements because his behaviors about crediting and all, so why for god's sake he are continuing posting his works here? D:

Sorry the outburst guys, but... Yeah. He needs to stop if he cannot is capable to improve both in mugen and in behavior persona.

I hope this doens't counts a insult or something, but more as a friendly tip to him. If he really wants to grow up as a content maker, he should put in mind that "improving yourself" is a part of his "hobby". Not saying he needs to make "EXTREMELY HD QUALITY SPRITES", because no one is capable to do it without some money and mugen community doens't have a "preferencial" style of works[LOL], but to evolving as a content maker starting to credit other people without needing to be reminded every-jesuschrist-time and finally putting more effort on his hobby works instead of bringing half-complete characters.

- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#7404  October 25, 2016, 05:08:36 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Please don't suggest people stop the hobbies they enjoy because they enjoy them in a different manner than you do. The "remind him to credit" cycle isn't a big enough deal to say he should simply quit. Don't be that guy. Be better :)

lui

#7405  October 25, 2016, 05:14:15 am
    • USA
telling chucho to give up isnt good at all, the issue is just him giving credit really, in fact we want him to do his best and have fun with his stuff nowadays, we just want him to stop doing this whole not giving credit until he's reminded thing
#7406  October 25, 2016, 05:15:13 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
It's more because the problem who that subject causes everytime he posts something. I'm really sorry for my rude outburst guys.

I really, REALLY want to see Chucho improving himself and start to be more respectful to others to change his image he gained here[In fact, sadly his works was not taken seriously, and I really hope to see this changing with time], more for his sake and certain potential as a spriter.

I don't want to lose that hope.
- Donations is welcome
#7407  October 25, 2016, 05:17:44 am
    • USA
of course I support proper crediting like anybody, but not going completely batshit over it, besides the stupid "stealing" griefs (stealing something that was never owned to begin with *facepalm*) always come along as it happened here

Even if based on other peoples' IPs, the art created by you is still of your property. Just because you can't profit from it by using the assets in a commercial game (People can pay you to draw stuff related to other IP for their own personal needs since it's never used in a commercial product) doesn't mean you must be OK with other people taking advantage of your creations.

It would be like grabbing Mugen.exe, changing a byte and calling it your own fighting game engine, Not-Mugen2000. It would be ridiculous to not to expect to get called out for doing that. You don't even see Capcom and other companies do this with fanart and fan sprites (And in the VERY rare instance a company does that it's an accident and they patch out the stuff later on, like in Sonic Generations with one particular texture).
#7408  October 25, 2016, 05:20:05 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
ShinZankuro, you DO know that he is mainly MMV user. He continue his releases for THEM, not us. And you know about MMV Friendly politics- every work there counts as great one. No, to be friendly is good way, but in plan of feedback and quality this site is too friendly, and you can see results of it- Chuchoryu's characters with wasted potential and scandals about discredits.
#7409  October 25, 2016, 05:20:49 am
  • Rawr!
telling chucho to give up isnt good at all, the issue is just him giving credit really, in fact we want him to do his best and have fun with his stuff nowadays, we just want him to stop doing this whole not giving credit until he's reminded thing

exactly.. its getting to the point its not even funny anymore.. 3 years and still no improvement to this.

i mean in the first year i found it kinda hilarious and i was even in an constant argument with CVSNB over his Paul Phoenix sprites ..  but seriously.. it's time he started to credit people.. especially when its indirectly starting flame.. and the thing is.. HE KNOWS IT.. but isn't improving on it to better his releases or the community.. i know i have quite the history here.. but c'mon.. every now and then i get something right lol.
Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:24:04 am by TETSUGA GENSHO
#7410  October 25, 2016, 05:21:58 am
#7411  October 25, 2016, 05:22:38 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
#7412  October 25, 2016, 05:24:08 am
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
ShinZankuro, you DO know that he is mainly MMV user. He continue his releases for THEM, not us. And you know about MMV Friendly politics- every work there counts as great one. No, to be friendly is good way, but in plan of feedback and quality this site is too friendly, and you can see results of it- Chuchoryu's characters with wasted potential and scandals about discredits.

Well, the problem in fact is how he is being "oriented" to do his works.

Not exactly the whole forum[MMV one], but more by certain users who "cheer up" him instead of really directing him to the right side. Especially if he wants to make good characters [And in fact.. He managed do make some chars with a certain quality.].. Since he probably noticed some users wants to BASH him directly here, he releases his works more to "who likes more"

The resume of all: He needs better influences.
- Donations is welcome
#7413  October 25, 2016, 05:26:00 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
What he makes is fine. May not be up to my personal standards all the time but that shouldn't be our focus.
#7414  October 25, 2016, 05:26:38 am
  • Rawr!

I've rarely banned anyone, but I'm quite happy that it's dead rather than full of inbred users like you.

LMFAO he's gonna need some ointment for that burn.

Well, the problem in fact is how he is being "oriented" to do his works.

Not exactly the whole forum[MMV one], but more by certain users who "cheer up" him instead of really directing him to the right side. Especially if he wants to make good characters [And in fact.. He managed do make some chars with a certain quality.].. Since he probably noticed some users wants to BASH him directly here, he releases his works more to "who likes more"

The resume of all: He needs better influences.

personally the issue is he's rushing out too many characters.. especially when he first started.. all to please his small fanbase (MMV) .. and i hate to say it but it's not quantity of characters you produce that makes your characters great.. its the quality of them.. just look at Reuben Kee's.. he's only ever been able to release 3 characters and tbh they are still 3 of the best characters i've had the pleasure of playing with ..
Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:31:15 am by TETSUGA GENSHO
#7415  October 25, 2016, 05:33:49 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
personally the issue is he's rushing out too many characters.. especially when he first started.. all to please his small fanbase (MMV) ..
He has tons of fans here too. What is it with this whole MMV people hate Guild and Guild people have to hate MMV thing?
I can see getting upset over lack of crediting but man you guys can sometimes go overboard pushing your own quality controls. Cut him some slack
#7416  October 25, 2016, 05:34:51 am
  • The story begins with who's gonna win
    • USA
He doesn't need better anything. He needs people to stop feeding him attention every time he does this stuff. If he wants to improve once he's noticed that his thread is a circlejerk of the same two or three users giving him empty praise then great and if not so be it.

Such as it is, I'd like to challenge you guys. When this inevitably happens again, once you see that somebody's already called attention to it
ignore it and move on

Just as an experiment! Let's see what happens!
Nevermind, there's nothing I can do
Bet your life there's something killing you
It's a shame we have to die, my dear
No one's getting out of here alive
This time
What a way to go, but have no fear
This time
It's a shame we have to disappear
This time, this time, this time
#7417  October 25, 2016, 05:35:40 am
  • Objection! Sustained!
    • Russia
    • mitia.pogorelov1@yandex.ru
ShinZankuro, you knida right here. Chuchoryu is hypemaker. Let me call him "Showman of MUGEN" who want to show what his target audience love to see. For example very same and current Metroid-Mania. But my previous words are also not senceless- his T.A. is MMV, and it still leads us to his problems.
Hell, don't get ne srong, but I could be glad to see him as spriter only. Like I said it and not once: "If he could concentrate on SPRITES and ANIMATION quality of ONE character and found someone who better than him at coding and want to create this character as well, then we could have some CoTMs, worthy to appear on every MUGEN community site".
#7418  October 25, 2016, 05:36:01 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
He doesn't need better anything. He needs people to stop feeding him attention every time he does this stuff. If he wants to improve once he's noticed that his thread is a circlejerk of the same two or three users giving him empty praise then great and if not so be it.

Such as it is, I'd like to challenge you guys. When this inevitably happens again, once you see that somebody's already called attention to it
ignore it and move on

Just as an experiment! Let's see what happens!

Gee it's like I said this fucking months ago.
#7419  October 25, 2016, 05:38:39 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
SpeedPreacher, I'm sorry. I think I may have set it so that our posts are auto ignored by most users.  :sbt:
#7420  October 25, 2016, 05:40:19 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Wow, everytime I read a forum polemic with Chuchoryu involved, I feel like back on 2003 with KFM as the admin here...

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X