YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Read 2279196 times)

Started by Titiln, November 19, 2004, 06:28:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros [3DS][Wii U]
#561  June 19, 2013, 09:38:22 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
it's still the best controller for smash brothers. it's obvious that the wiimote and wii u tablet bring in many new control and game possibilities, but smash doesn't really use motion or tablet control. in that aspect gamecube's controller is still superior. people got used to it in melee, kept using it for brawl, and would probably like to continue using it in the newer game.

I dunno, it just feels like they're dragging it along, making it about as much of a holy grail as Melee.

(snip)

By similar they mean "the exact bloody same", though - which is funny, considering that for a bunch that was so adamant against clones would reintroduce them for the purpose of faithful recreation, but it's a different ball park.

Exactly, and that's why Project M > Brawl.

Oh goodie, you're one of those people.

I don't see the point of going out of your way to make brawl play EXACTLY like melee when it's much easier (and the end result is better) just to play melee.

Well, yeah, that's what a lot of people been saying.

Then again, it's why they did P:M in the first place - they wanted a -direct- sequel to Melee instead of something new, even if the something new isn't that good.

It's why I'd rather have hacking not come to Wii U, if it meant that they'd just try to make it Melee III: Third Strike.

#562  June 19, 2013, 09:39:36 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
I don't see the point of going out of your way to make brawl play EXACTLY like melee when it's much easier (and the end result is better) just to play melee.

Because Brawl's roster has more character and play style variety, but the actual gameplay is pretty ass.  Also it doesn't play exactly like Melee because certain characters like Bowser and Samus get some much needed buffs.
#563  June 19, 2013, 09:43:19 pm
i guess it has a point for people that wanted a melee sequel that played more like melee but with new characters and stages and whatever. personally i'd rather play brawl, but i really like some of the moveset changes in project m (like snake and the pokemon in pokemon trainer being their own characters)
I dunno, it just feels like they're dragging it along, making it about as much of a holy grail as Melee.
why throw functional controllers away? besides, it would be optional and you'd still be able to use every other controller. i still don't see the problem.
By similar they mean "the exact bloody same", though - which is funny, considering that for a bunch that was so adamant against clones would reintroduce them for the purpose of faithful recreation, but it's a different ball park.
1: it's not the exact bloody same but ok 2: what clone reintroduction, did they put pichu and dr mario back in?
It's why I'd rather have hacking not come to Wii U, if it meant that they'd just try to make it Melee III: Third Strike.
if you don't like the hacks don't use them :???:
#564  June 19, 2013, 09:46:18 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#565  June 19, 2013, 09:50:30 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
why throw functional controllers away? besides, it would be optional and you'd still be able to use every other controller. i still don't see the problem.

Fair enough, as the PS3 controller stuck the same for three generations. Though, they didn't exactly ever drop support for it, where Nintendo just does new controllers with each console.

I mean, couldn't we have an N64 controller to play [with a better joystick] as well?

1: it's not the exact bloody same but ok 2: what clone reintroduction, did they put pichu and dr mario back in?

Well, I'd say it is, for at least most characters, considering they took the actual velocities and params from Melee. As for Pichu and Dr. M, no... Dr. M is not in, but they are mixing some of his differences to the normal Mario. Though they are planning to have Roy, and they have recloned Ganondorf and Falco.

if you don't like the hacks don't use them :???:

Oh I like hacks, don't get me wrong. I just don't feel that it's right for a fan mod to basically be saying to Sakurai "you're doing it wrong and will never do a game as good as Melee". Screams of snooty to me. But, y'know, my opinion, not fact.

#566  June 19, 2013, 09:51:56 pm
    • USA
If anything it's snooty for Sakurai to tell the fans THEY'RE wrong for playing a 60 dollar game they bought with their own money the way they want.  There was a lot of stupid shit in Brawl like tripping, weaknesses for the Pokemon characters, Lucario's comeback factor and such and I'd rather play Project M any day.
#567  June 19, 2013, 09:57:00 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
Sakurai doesn't approve of people taking Smash serious. Can I agree with his choices of adding tripping? No. But I sure as hell agree that nobody should take a fighter that seriously.

#568  June 19, 2013, 09:58:33 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
If anything it's snooty for Sakurai to tell the fans THEY'RE wrong for playing a 60 dollar game they bought with their own money the way they want.

When did Sakurai say that?
#569  June 19, 2013, 10:07:08 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
so any idea when a new a char will be announced? didn't they do a weekly thing last time for brawl?

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#570  June 19, 2013, 10:14:13 pm
    • USA
If anything it's snooty for Sakurai to tell the fans THEY'RE wrong for playing a 60 dollar game they bought with their own money the way they want.

When did Sakurai say that?

Right here.

“I’d like people to take some freer approaches with their gameplay, but the sort of battle style you describe in your letter is not interesting or fun. That’s why I’ll probably be thinking of a way to deal with that in the next game. We’ve learned a lot about net play since Brawl was released, after all, so a lot more is possible.”
#571  June 19, 2013, 10:18:46 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
He didn't say they're wrong, he just said they're not interesting.
#572  June 20, 2013, 01:23:49 am
  • The Goddess Returns
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#573  June 20, 2013, 01:25:34 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#574  June 20, 2013, 01:34:04 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."

SNT

#575  June 20, 2013, 01:37:41 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
I don't see why either, but I can be hypocrite sometimes.  Isn't that kind of exactly what MUGEN is for?  Making fighters play exactly like other fighters?
#576  June 20, 2013, 02:28:16 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
But I wanna see people actually do something to the story other than that pink bloated freak... :-[
I think you should replay Subspace Emmisary, then. Kirby and friends are major characters, yes, but they do not dominate the storyline and every character is given at least one cool thing to do.

Also Kirby is great he's no freak.
#577  June 20, 2013, 02:39:47 am
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
Falcon did his thing.

Like, he legit did the most awesome Falcon Punch ever.

Followed by the most odd pose ever.

And yet he's still awesome.

#578  June 20, 2013, 02:44:20 am
    • USA
Dedede was practically the main character of Subspace.
#579  June 20, 2013, 02:48:41 am
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Dedede is a fucking champ though.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#580  June 20, 2013, 03:02:58 am
  • The Goddess Returns
pink bloated freak... :-[
:getout:

pink bloated freak... :-[
:getout:
Why don't you both get out?

But I wanna see people actually do something to the story other than that pink bloated freak... :-[
I think you should replay Subspace Emmisary, then. Kirby and friends are major characters, yes, but they do not dominate the storyline and every character is given at least one cool thing to do.

Also Kirby is great he's no freak.

I watched and played good parts of Subspace to the point I know a huge chunk of it, and Kirby, Meta-Knight and DeDeDe were the movers and shakers of the entire plot going the way of the good guys. I'd say that's pretty much dominating the story.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......