YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Read 2280437 times)

Started by Titiln, November 19, 2004, 06:28:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros [3DS][Wii U]
#581  June 20, 2013, 03:30:45 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#582  June 20, 2013, 03:45:31 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I watched and played good parts of Subspace to the point I know a huge chunk of it, and Kirby, Meta-Knight and DeDeDe were the movers and shakers of the entire plot going the way of the good guys. I'd say that's pretty much dominating the story.
Dedede, sure. Kirby and Meta Knight? They're among the major players, but they don't drive the plot any more than say, Wario, Diddy Kong, or Lucas. And certainly not as much as Gannondorf and Bowser. They don't dominate the narrative, they just play sizeable roles in it. But by all means, feel free to scowl at the how much importance the adventures of a pink blob and his friends has on a video game plot.

Also wait, you haven't played the whole thing through? :I
#583  June 20, 2013, 04:20:03 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I can't wait for this game's story mode: the epic tale of one woman's quest to bring physical fitness to the world of Nintendo.
#584  June 20, 2013, 04:26:23 am
    • USA
Slim Mario confirmed  :mool:
#585  June 20, 2013, 04:27:57 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Slim Mario has been in since 64, his name is Luigi for some reason.
#586  June 20, 2013, 04:41:49 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Would Slim Samus be Fusion Suit Samus?!?!?
#587  June 20, 2013, 04:56:49 am
  • The Goddess Returns
I watched and played good parts of Subspace to the point I know a huge chunk of it, and Kirby, Meta-Knight and DeDeDe were the movers and shakers of the entire plot going the way of the good guys. I'd say that's pretty much dominating the story.
Dedede, sure. Kirby and Meta Knight? They're among the major players, but they don't drive the plot any more than say, Wario, Diddy Kong, or Lucas. And certainly not as much as Gannondorf and Bowser. They don't dominate the narrative, they just play sizeable roles in it. But by all means, feel free to scowl at the how much importance the adventures of a pink blob and his friends has on a video game plot.

Also wait, you haven't played the whole thing through? :I

I don't have a Wii...damn my ability to have the worst luck

Posted: June 20, 2013, 04:57:55 am
But I wanna see people actually do something to the story other than that pink bloated freak... :-[

Hope you like Pit then.

You think I like that feathered little spamming bitch? Man, I'm all about the Ike man.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#588  June 20, 2013, 05:05:29 am
  • You PC bro?
I'm praying hardcore for Game and watch. If nobody else I like makes it in, Game and watch would totally make up for them! Cept Ike. Here's hoping for someone with a bit of a similar playstyle like Ike. Great ethor was sexy as fuck yo
#589  June 20, 2013, 06:31:43 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Man, I'm all about the Ike man.
Ike was an Ok character.
He was far too slow IMO.  He was a super high risk character, especially near edges.
Neutral A and Nair A were his bread and butter.  Without them, he would've had an exceptionally hard time.
#590  June 20, 2013, 08:14:09 am
    • USA
Speaking of Ike, if you haven't seen this you need to.

#591  June 20, 2013, 08:25:15 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Well, I'd say it is, for at least most characters, considering they took the actual velocities and params from Melee. As for Pichu and Dr. M, no... Dr. M is not in, but they are mixing some of his differences to the normal Mario. Though they are planning to have Roy, and they have recloned Ganondorf and Falco.

I just don't feel that it's right for a fan mod to basically be saying to Sakurai "you're doing it wrong and will never do a game as good as Melee".
I'll give you Falco, but Project M Ganon takes elements from Brawl to differentiate him from Falcon. Primarily, the flame choke, and the uppercut at the end of Up+B if it misses.
I also don't see how this mod is snooty. Nowhere on the official page do the team say "Brawl sucks" or that Sakurai ruined anything. That's like saying a rom hack that's well constructed is insulting to a game. But let's talk about Smash U!
Do ya think they'll give Luigi the Poltergust 5000 from Dark Moon? I mean, Mario got F.L.U.D.D. again, so maybe Luigi will get the tool that actually sounds useful with the principle of sucking up projectiles and shooting them back?

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#592  June 20, 2013, 08:27:01 am
    • USA
The Poltergust should fire ghosts that stay on the screen as traps, and you can have several classes of ghosts that do different things.
#593  June 20, 2013, 08:28:21 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
IDK if that'd work with Luigi's momentum, though. He has to get in, and traps in Smash usually push away.  The only hope would be to get a Creeper type Ghost as opposed to a Greenie or a Slammer, as Creeper ghosts in Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon absorb you and keep you from moving, but that'd be even more luck based than Green Missile.

#594  June 20, 2013, 08:29:59 am
    • USA
I have honestly never played as Luigi outside of unlocking purposes, so I'm not very clear on what his play style is.  In that case the move can work like Rachel's wind and drag people to him? 
#595  June 20, 2013, 08:34:02 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Anything that sets up for a decent combo into Super Jump Punch's sweetspot would be optimal for a trap-like move. If the opponent loses mobility or some form of control, there's probably a benefit for Luigi in there.  Or something that keeps an opponent in the air, if Luigi's air normals stay the same, as they're very fast.

#596  June 20, 2013, 08:49:06 am
    • USA
#597  June 20, 2013, 09:08:31 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Speaking of Ike, if you haven't seen this you need to.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/h5825Wu0WjA[/youtube]

That was fucking awesome!

Micah, that's not a glitch, you actually can jump to cancel out rapid falls like that. I did it plenty of times in Melee and the few times I played Brawl.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#598  June 20, 2013, 09:39:00 am
    • USA
Really?  I've never done or seen that happen. Ever.
It was possible to tech off the bottom of the stage and AFAIK, even if he jumped again, "gravity" would've taken him away.  :S
I'm definitely going to try to recreate this one tomorrow.  :P
#599  June 20, 2013, 08:13:01 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
I'll give you Falco, but Project M Ganon takes elements from Brawl to differentiate him from Falcon. Primarily, the flame choke, and the uppercut at the end of Up+B if it misses.
I also don't see how this mod is snooty. Nowhere on the official page do the team say "Brawl sucks" or that Sakurai ruined anything. That's like saying a rom hack that's well constructed is insulting to a game. But let's talk about Smash U!
Do ya think they'll give Luigi the Poltergust 5000 from Dark Moon? I mean, Mario got F.L.U.D.D. again, so maybe Luigi will get the tool that actually sounds useful with the principle of sucking up projectiles and shooting them back?

Okay, I'll give you Ganon, but it's still too similar to Melee.

Have you not heard their absolute contempt for Brawl? Their unprofessional atitude of having the Wiimote sound off "failure" when you select a character just because you're using a controller that isn't the Gamecube controller (though it has been patched to remove in the latest release)? It doesn't -need- to say on the official page. You really think they'd post that sort of stuff in public? It's bad enough Dantarion's wiki was sabotaged to prevent ASF from releasing a proper extra slot, but -that- didn't work and the extra slot was released anyway.

#600  June 20, 2013, 08:32:44 pm
    • USA