YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Read 2274141 times)

Started by Titiln, November 19, 2004, 06:28:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros [3DS][Wii U]
#601  June 20, 2013, 08:56:56 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
wiimote sounds off and says Failure? It didn't in my latest release. Demo 2.5 dun have that, you might be thinking of some other Brawl mod. What they DID fix was the input delay that occasionally happened in Brawl, that's one controller related thing. My last note is that Ganon being similar to Melee is for the better. Brawl Ganon's movements were, for the most part, really stiff looking(that U-Smash oh god). Of course a melee inspired mod is going to have veterans take after it.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:04:01 pm by Killer Kong
#602  June 20, 2013, 10:22:24 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
#603  June 20, 2013, 10:27:23 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#604  June 20, 2013, 10:40:26 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
The reason it does that is because it's not possible to do most of the high level things on a Wii remote, and you'd need a classic controller or Gamecube controller.
#605  June 20, 2013, 11:06:51 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
#606  June 20, 2013, 11:09:05 pm
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
freaking pink balls are such illiterate creatures.
Chilling
#607  June 20, 2013, 11:50:22 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
wiimote sounds off and says Failure? It didn't in my latest release. Demo 2.5 dun have that, you might be thinking of some other Brawl mod. What they DID fix was the input delay that occasionally happened in Brawl, that's one controller related thing. My last note is that Ganon being similar to Melee is for the better. Brawl Ganon's movements were, for the most part, really stiff looking(that U-Smash oh god). Of course a melee inspired mod is going to have veterans take after it.

Like I said, it was an earlier release - 2.1.

But, no. I'm sorry to say that Ganon being similar to Melee is not for the better. I can't take that from the SAME people that had an undying amount of complaints of clones. It's like they complain that it's wrong and then do the same thing, but suddenly it's okay because it's them doing it.

But let's leave elitism to rest and speak of the newest Smash.

#608  June 21, 2013, 12:03:12 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#609  June 21, 2013, 12:09:57 am
    • Mexico
I don't get why people don't like Jigglypuff. I mean, sure she's not great in Brawl but she was deadly in Melee, which everyone seems to hold to a higher regard.
#610  June 21, 2013, 12:17:40 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I think it's more a matter of why she needs to be there at all.  IIRC, the only reason she made it into Smash in the first place was that Nintendo was banking on Jigglypuff becoming a bigger mascot for Pokemon than Pikachu would.  That never really panned out, so some people feel she ought to be replaced with a more relevant, popular Pokemon character.
#611  June 21, 2013, 01:01:44 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
The reason it does that is because it's not possible to do most of the high level things on a Wii remote, and you'd need a classic controller or Gamecube controller.
Doesn't change the fact that it's totally immature and alienates anyone who wants to try the hack and happens to only have the wiimote.

I swear, MC2, a van full of Juggalos could break into a nunnery and violate all of the nuns in there, and you'd probably just say "eh, it's the nuns' faults for not wearing chastity belts."

I don't get why people don't like Jigglypuff. I mean, sure she's not great in Brawl but she was deadly in Melee, which everyone seems to hold to a higher regard.
Well now that Jigglypuff is being reclassified as a Normal/Fairy type, maybe she'll get some new moves for it?
#612  June 21, 2013, 01:13:11 am
the wii remote stuff is fucking stupid but at least they did away with it
#613  June 21, 2013, 01:46:01 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I think it's more a matter of why she needs to be there at all.  IIRC, the only reason she made it into Smash in the first place was that Nintendo was banking on Jigglypuff becoming a bigger mascot for Pokemon than Pikachu would.  That never really panned out, so some people feel she ought to be replaced with a more relevant, popular Pokemon character.
This. I never liked that thing in the show, I never liked it in Smash, there's so many other Pokemon that could fit in better but at this point she's pretty much a legacy character that'll be there forever because original 12. ;____;
#614  June 21, 2013, 02:26:41 am
    • MJVD47@gmail.com
I wish the trailer made the introduced the Villager as a surprise.
And I am a bit happy to see Sakurai make Bowser play less like an animal and more like Bowser.
This almost guarantees that Sakurai will finally flesh out Ganondorf's moveset!!!!!

I CANNOT wait to get this on the 3DS.
#615  June 21, 2013, 02:29:59 am
    • USA
Shes gained quite the fanbase among Smash players. There'd be more people upset than happy.
#616  June 21, 2013, 02:34:30 am
#617  June 21, 2013, 03:42:23 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
I hope a new fire emblem character comes to this smash. They are fun to play as, IMO. I also hope that Wolf or Falco return as well. I've never played as them, but I love playing as Fox. Wolf looks the most interesting.

The game looks promising. WFT and Megaman look cool. I just hope its mechanics allows for some simple to learn, yet hard to master combos.
#618  June 21, 2013, 06:10:07 am
  • For honor!
Jigglypuff is still a blast to play as when you get to know it.

Iroha stripped for me
#619  June 21, 2013, 06:32:48 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
the wii remote stuff is fucking stupid but at least they did away with it
There's this. Also Brawl Ganon was pretty much Melee Ganon with a few new animations and moves that were unsafe on hit. But whatevs. Smash U I hope has a better hitstun system, like, no dodging out of it. It'd help a lot with characters like Ganondorf if they make the transition because they won't be unsafe on hit cause of airdodging, it'll give the Flame Choke more power and reset props. Just my opinion.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#620  June 21, 2013, 04:42:57 pm
i am now starting a mugen guild exclusive feature in which i review the daily picture

this picture shows the 3ds exclusive stage based on the legend of zelda spirit tracks. this stage means that toon link won't be in the game or that if he was it would look very stupid. you might also notice mario and megaman are chilling on the train, probably discussing about their many videogame adventures and megaman's recent unemployment situation. i do not care very much for this stage so this picture gets 6/10 from me