YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Read 2280490 times)

Started by Titiln, November 19, 2004, 06:28:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros [3DS][Wii U]
#661  June 25, 2013, 12:01:35 am
that lucina is a brawl hack

that fake is convincing but i would've used a more exciting pose than her standing
#662  June 25, 2013, 12:29:49 am
  • You must defeat my spriteswaps to stand a chance.
    • USA
that lucina is a brawl hack
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP6QwuDjQYs[/youtube]
that fake is convincing but i would've used a more exciting pose than her standing

Yeah, a few minutes after I posted the pic, it was revealed to be fake.

There's also countless "3DS/Wii U Styled" Mario hacks out there.
#663  June 25, 2013, 01:04:29 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
There are only two of them.
Besides, that shot looked hella fake.

They wouldn't show off an angle that weird on vertical offsets that high, shading that off, and so much nothing in between.
Nothing about that shot looks legitimate.
Besides, that "Wii U" case only appears from pics on the site. That would mean an update would have happened. There was none, just a Villager shot.

Though I do have that stage hack and it's fucking nice. Shot doesn't even do it justice.
#664  June 25, 2013, 05:09:50 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
http://www.destructoid.com/super-smash-bros-lacks-full-cast-due-to-time-constraints-256923.phtml

The Super Smash Bros. series has featured a lot of characters across its three titles, but they won't all return for the next iteration. They simply can't according to designer Masahiro Sakurai -- there just isn't enough time.

Speaking to NowGamer, Sakurai laid out the reasoning behind the decision. "Adding new characters is not a simple addition -- it’s really multiplication. The amount of work, adding a character is multiplied and becomes bigger and bigger as you go. We can’t because of the amount of work it takes."

Sakurai appeared to lament the fact that some players' favorites would be omitted. "We're going to put in as many characters as we can, we really want to do that, because it's good for the fans and good for all of us. But in the event that we do have to cut some characters, I'd like to apologize in advance to those fans" he said.

Look on the bright side: if you find yourself without your Super Smash Bros. favorite, you can just pummel your opponent into submission with the Wii Fit Trainer's yoga moves.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#665  June 25, 2013, 06:41:00 am
  • Unique, just like everyone else
Serious question, and I know I'm gonna get my ass kicked for even suggesting it: is DLC not an option?

If it was nearly any other game I wouldn't bring it up since DLC is horribly abused these days, but I really think Sakurai and his team would be inclined to do it right if they were to do it at all.  It just seems like selling characters - and only characters - over time would give them the wiggle room to add some things they couldn't squeeze in during the original development.  Are they just wholly against the idea or have they not even considered it?
#666  June 25, 2013, 06:43:32 am
  • Helpful Hermit
    • USA
And how is free DLC not an option?
If you require my assistance, please feel free to contact me on Discord: 2DMirage#5299
Commissions/Requests are closed. Please do not ask.
#667  June 25, 2013, 07:04:22 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I recall Sakurai saying he didn't want DLC as he wanted to deliver the best full game he could.
#668  June 25, 2013, 08:43:52 am
  • Still lurks regularly, but posts once a blue moon
    • Canada
I'm guessing if he were to consider DLC, it would be near the end of (or after) the game's development to add in all the things he wasn't able to within the development time.

If he doesn't then... well...  :(
#669  June 25, 2013, 04:40:45 pm
25/6

link, from the legend of zelda, finally makes his smash brothers debut. a highly requested character since the series started, link is coming to the smash party on the wii u and 3ds. this attack seems to be his spin attack, just like in the zelda games. one can only assume he'll also use his wide array of items during battle. i, for one, am very excited to play as one of gaming's greatest heroes. i give this picture 10/10
#670  June 25, 2013, 04:52:40 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I really wish they would use the wind waker look for Zelda characters.

It just looks so much nicer.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#671  June 25, 2013, 05:11:45 pm
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
They did that in Brawl with Toon Link, and it removed what made Wind Waker's art style really pop out, no cel-shading made it kinda just "disproportionate Link with cat-eyes" as opposed to Wind Waker Link, IMO. Not to say Toon Link as an idea was bad but, yeah.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#672  June 25, 2013, 09:23:38 pm
  • Fuck You.
slyward sword link would be toon link with tp link's proportions so theres that (or tp link with toon link's art style whatever the shit)
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#673  June 25, 2013, 11:34:46 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
I really wish they would use the wind waker look for Zelda characters.

It just looks so much nicer.
This version of Link is far more bad ass looking IMO.
Speaking of Link, I hope they buff him in this version so he doesn't play like a chump.
#674  June 25, 2013, 11:39:19 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Speaking of Link, I hope they buff him in this version so he doesn't play like a chump.
I dunno, he was a little meh in Brawl but I still saw a fair few users play Link when I last played on Random Brawls via Wi-Fi.

But yeah, he could use some buffing I guess.
#675  June 25, 2013, 11:45:45 pm
    • USA
I'm one of the few who do.  ;P
His recovery and his weight are some of my biggest issues with him.  The dude is a target for grabs, chain grabs, off edge battle, etc.
He's gimped far too easily IMO.
Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 12:55:19 am by TRUEMicah
#676  June 25, 2013, 11:57:36 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
On the subject on DLC:

Why is DLC out of the question? If there are characters they simply could not include due to time constraints and budget issues, can they just make individual characters and release them in packs to help relax some of those constraints? It is not like Nintendo is a stranger to DLC (they did them for Fire Emblem: Awakening).

And I am not surprised that some characters are being dropped. A lot of the characters are redundant and were not frequently played nor were popular. It only makes sense to drop them.

Heck, I do rotate the roster in my main MUGEN at times to include only the best characters.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#677  June 25, 2013, 11:59:46 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
There's not much a reason to use normal Link in Brawl because Toon Link is the same thing but so much better.  They really didn't think it through at all.  :/
#678  June 26, 2013, 12:04:33 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Well yeah, there were alot more Toon Links than normal Links, It got to the point where I was getting sick of fighting them really often.
#679  June 26, 2013, 12:09:22 am
    • USA
Toon Link is a prick.
He's got a shit load of priority for a little fella too.
There's not much a reason to use normal Link in Brawl because Toon Link is the same thing but so much better.  They really didn't think it through at all.  :/
The same can be said for Young Link from SSBM.
#680  June 26, 2013, 12:13:31 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
On the subject on DLC:

Why is DLC out of the question? If there are characters they simply could not include due to time constraints and budget issues, can they just make individual characters and release them in packs to help relax some of those constraints? It is not like Nintendo is a stranger to DLC (they did them for Fire Emblem: Awakening).
I believe the reasoning that was given is that they don't want to plan on having DLC so that they can focus on having the game the best that it can be right out of the box.  They may consider DLC in the future after release, but they want to plan around never having any so that they can focus on making it perfect at launch.