YesNoOk

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U (Read 2280292 times)

Started by Titiln, November 19, 2004, 06:28:24 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Super Smash Bros [3DS][Wii U]
#1041  July 29, 2013, 03:20:48 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
...and his running A, his recovery (which was terrible, save for the whole explosion part), his side smash and probably a bunch of others. To me, he was only a real clone in the first Smash Bros.
Not really even that. His running A was different and all of his moves still worked differently.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#1042  July 29, 2013, 03:22:15 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
#1043  July 29, 2013, 04:40:44 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
The only bad shit that was legitimately bad and not just different by design was the tripping and maybe the hitstun, but IDK about the latter. The former is definitely gone so yeah, thank god. The only fuck you to melee players was that the game was slower and not as fast paced, but that's more of just the general direction as opposed to a direct insult. This game looks to be faster to an extent, which should be more than enough. LC-DDM, I'd advise you to stop because melee players generally populate the Brawl scene too, professional ones maybe not, but standard ones? Yeah.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#1044  July 29, 2013, 04:53:00 am
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
I dunno about you, but I'm sure Sakurai didn't intend the Smash series to be taken so seriously, so Brawl was his own little revolt.

Then he either realized he was being too melodramatic or he just wanted to shut the whiners up about Brawl not being Melee again.

So no, I'm not shutting up. Melee players can have their thing, but to me they've nothing to complain since there's a mod to hold on to their mentality in Brawl, which will probably live for many years to come until the Wii U is cracked and Project M2 becomes a thing, if Smash 4 doesn't live up to their Ramsay-esque high expectations.

#1045  July 29, 2013, 05:03:22 am
  • Fuck You.
yea thats why he put that gigantic story mode, all those characters, and all that bonus material in the game, wonky mechanic aside, just to flip off fans of melee and not because he wanted to try something new right

the fuck are you talking about
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#1046  July 29, 2013, 05:05:57 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Sakurai is an evil mastermind trying to kill the FGC with his bad games. It's all so clear now!
#1047  July 29, 2013, 05:22:47 am
i thought that was ono's role hahahahahaha
#1048  July 29, 2013, 05:44:28 am
  • JoJo is boring
    • USA
#1049  July 29, 2013, 08:24:48 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
#1050  July 29, 2013, 01:38:03 pm
  • 144p in a 1080p world!
    • Portugal
    • Skype - lc-ddm
    • forums.kc-mm.com
yea thats why he put that gigantic story mode, all those characters, and all that bonus material in the game, wonky mechanic aside, just to flip off fans of melee and not because he wanted to try something new right

the fuck are you talking about

Nice try, but when I said that shit, I wasn't talking about the stuff the pros would care about for all of one day before going back to their Vs. cave. I mean the crap that they give so much of a hoot about.

#1051  July 29, 2013, 01:54:37 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
Pic of the day 7/29

Wii Fit Trainer cannot resist Donkey Kong's sweet monkey ass.
#1052  July 29, 2013, 03:53:19 pm
here's the same picture sans jpeg mauling

Pic of the day. Let's stretch our backs.
#1053  July 29, 2013, 07:27:48 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
What is with all of the Wii Fit Trainer pics?

It is not like she is a fan favorite before her reveal.
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#1054  July 29, 2013, 07:29:00 pm
maybe because she became a favorite after her reveal?????????????????????????????????????
#1055  July 29, 2013, 07:41:20 pm
  • Fuck You.
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#1056  July 29, 2013, 08:00:43 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
#1057  July 29, 2013, 08:40:51 pm
  • ???
    • UK
    • Skype - koopakootmugen
That image reminds me of that back breaker thing that Goku does sometimes.
#1058  July 30, 2013, 03:48:05 pm
30/7

Pic of the day.  It's easy to overlook town scenery while you're battling.
sakurai also posted the following in his japanese account
「きょうの一枚」は、元々はスタッフへの個人的サービスとして撮り、社内ウェブで毎日更新していたものでした。が、せっかくだからみなさんにも公開したほうが、楽しめる人が多くなるのではないかと考え、いまに至ります。あくまでおまけなので、通常の情報公開はいずれ個別に考えなければなりませんね。
running this through google translate gives the following
The "one piece of today", it was what originally took as a personal service to the staff, it was updated daily in-house web. But, the idea is better to open to you much effort, people can enjoy and do not be very large, it leads to now. Because it is a bonus only, information disclosure normal I must be considered individually either.
still lost
#1059  July 30, 2013, 03:58:16 pm
"Today's pic" was put up on the company web every day as a personal favor for the staff. The line of thought for that was to allow as many people as possible to enjoy it publicly. At the end of the day, it's just a bonus, so in the future, regular new info will be handled on a case by case basis.
Taking it to mean "don't be surprised if we stop updating the daily pic and future new information is given out more rarely and less offhandedly like these pics were". (it doesn't actually say this is the last pic but he's preparing everyone for that, this one might or might not be the last)
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1060  July 30, 2013, 04:56:27 pm
thanks for the translation. i'd miss the daily pictures, but then again they barely provided new information so it wouldn't be a big deal.