YesNoOk

Musou / Basara / Mass Chinese/Japanese/Snakedude Genocide General (Read 20488 times)

Started by SNT, October 07, 2011, 12:43:07 am
Share this topic:

SNT

Musou / Basara / Mass Chinese/Japanese/Snakedude Genocide General
#1  October 07, 2011, 12:43:07 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3K5tCvfohs

• At least one new character: Xu Shu, a pre-Zhuge Liang Shu strategist that defects to Wei.  Dude fights with sword-chucks.
  • Five paths in Empires mode: Vagabond, Officer, Strategist, Grand General, Ruler.
  • Officer creation set to get a revamp

PS3 exclusive, digital only in the States, due in Japan September, everywhere else February.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou6e/
Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:23:42 am by SNT
Re: Warriors Orochi 3
#2  October 07, 2011, 02:22:12 am
  • The Goddess Returns
AH, looking forward to this one....
didn't get WO2 yet nor DW7....

So hopefully this will definitely be a treat.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......

SNT

#3  October 07, 2011, 03:19:21 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#4  October 07, 2011, 04:06:34 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
WHY DO I LOVE THESE GAMES SO?!

Oh right. (Considering what they did to Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 I;m actually hoping this gets a strategy rehaul)

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#5  October 07, 2011, 05:23:10 am
  • The Goddess Returns
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......

SNT

#6  October 08, 2011, 01:49:09 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia

New character: Kaguya (from the Tale of the Bamboo Cutter)
She's moon people, so she'll probably be a mystic.  Fights with that branch.  Voiced by Yuki Makishima (Nu Wa, bunch of CotS mode characters from Soul Cal 3).

New character: Shuten-doji (from a bunch of different stories)
King of the Oni.  Loves getting drunk and abducting hot women to score with.  Fights with that gourd.  Voiced by Katsuyuki Konishi (Toshiie Maeda, Altair from Assassins' Creed, some big leathery robot dude from King of Fighters no one cares about)
Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 01:53:25 pm by SNT
#7  October 11, 2011, 12:22:41 am
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Picture links are broken.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.

SNT

#8  October 11, 2011, 01:35:21 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Bleh, go here then.
#9  October 12, 2011, 05:10:23 am
  • FTW!!!
Still dont see a Body Guard system from DW4.

• Create a Scenario mode: edit existing missions to share online

Interesting... Now is this just going to be another "choose which guy is on your army and enemy" deal or an actual editor?

SNT

#10  October 12, 2011, 04:10:28 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Orochi games don't roll like that.  You choose three man teams that work on rotation, and allow for Barrier Burst-style assists.

Interesting... Now is this just going to be another "choose which guy is on your army and enemy" deal or an actual editor?
No word yet, but having it only go as far as "choose which guy is on your army and enemy" kind of defeats the purpose of sharing your creations online.  They should be a little beyond that.
#11  October 12, 2011, 06:06:16 pm
  • The Ultimate Shield
  • I WANT IT ALL!!!
Body guard system was pointless, screw that.
GOH: bmc would tell birds that they're broken because they shouldn't air recover.
#12  October 13, 2011, 03:04:17 am
  • FTW!!!
Body guard system was pointless, screw that.

Looks like someone didnt get to control 8 bad ass bodyguards

Orochi games don't roll like that.  You choose three man teams that work on rotation, and allow for Barrier Burst-style assists.
I know, I've played  1 and 2. I just want my 8 body guards back that is all im asking here :/ I've been waiting almost 6 years now.

No word yet, but having it only go as far as "choose which guy is on your army and enemy" kind of defeats the purpose of sharing your creations online.  They should be a little beyond that.
[/quote]
Knowing Koei and how they are about customization, thats what I'am leaning towards .

Or hey maybe you can choose the objective!
"Must defeat guy in 5min"
"Must capture all bases"

Thats all im seeing here really.

SNT

#13  October 14, 2011, 02:10:48 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Gotta side with Winnery here; I might've only played DW5XL, and that might've only given me one bodyguard, but it was fucking cool.  That said, not in an Orochi game; you've already got two actual characters having your back, there's no need for one or eight extra generics.

And to be fair about Koei's efforts towards customization, SW3's create-a-dude was a brilliant rework of the concept, and light years ahead of previous attempts at create-a-dude; they were just let down by how little content there was for it.  They have proven their capacity for thinking outside the box, reinventing the wheel, and several other forward-thinking metaphors that don't come to mind yet.
Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 02:13:54 pm by SNT
#14  October 14, 2011, 02:14:58 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Seriously i cant wait..loved Orochi 1 and 2 on the ps2 and am still playing them sometimes via emulator since i havent unlocked everything especially in part 2 yet..all these "warriors" game series games are awesome for a long time experience
#15  October 14, 2011, 07:01:08 pm
    • Philippines
Well, I'm glad I held off buying Dynasty Warriors 7 and Samurai Warriors 3 :)
#16  October 15, 2011, 02:27:04 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
You did what now.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659

SNT

#17  October 15, 2011, 02:34:01 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Yeah, you're gimping yourself.  SW3 you won't find anywhere, but DW7 is fantastic.
#18  October 16, 2011, 06:03:12 pm
  • FTW!!!
Gotta side with Winnery here; I might've only played DW5XL, and that might've only given me one bodyguard, but it was fucking cool.  That said, not in an Orochi game; you've already got two actual characters having your back, there's no need for one or eight extra generics.

The 8 bodyguards you get in DW4 are Spartan like soldiers, they are not as powerful as DW5's 1 bodyguard system but good enough to distract extremely strong enemies and take out some minions if you dont want to yourself.

Wait, there's SW3!? How the hell I didnt hear about this?

But Dynasty Warriors 7, I didnt like it very well to be honest, I wanted to. In that game I felt too powerful like nothing could stand in my way, too easy I should say. Got bored with it kinda fast.

#19  October 16, 2011, 06:16:19 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

Wait, there's SW3!? How the hell I didnt hear about this?

Probably  because Koei did the dumb decision to make it a Wii only game..they wanted to make SW their flagship series  for nintendo consoles..a plan which failed of course.

Because of the miserable success on the wii, Samurai Warriors 3 Z, an extended version of Samurai Warriors 3, was released for the PlayStation 3 in Japan in February 2011. The game runs at 60FPS and includes new content. Additional content includes ten new story modes and three new playable characters, with Masanori Fukushima and Aya Gozen becoming playable and Gracia returning. The Murasame Castle mode was removed from the game and replaced with a new challenge mode.
Much of the new content will also be included within an expansion for the Wii version of the game, Samurai Warriors 3: Xtreme Legends. Unfortunately, it has been confirmed that neither versions of the expansion will receive an overseas release. Instead, an iteration of the game titled "Samurai Warriors: Chronicles" was released for the Nintendo 3DS in North America and Europe.

Samurai Warriors 3: Empires was 'announced' on May 31, 2011 through a leaked image of an in-store poster. Tecmo Koei have since acknowledged the existence of the game. It was released in August 25, 2011 in Japan for the PlayStation 3.

Those Idiots should have made SW3 from the start for ps3 and xb360 ..there is no market for such games on the wii, except maybe in japan since SW is more popular there
#20  October 17, 2011, 02:44:27 pm
    • Philippines

The 8 bodyguards you get in DW4 are Spartan like soldiers, they are not as powerful as DW5's 1 bodyguard system but good enough to distract extremely strong enemies and take out some minions if you dont want to yourself.

But Dynasty Warriors 7, I didnt like it very well to be honest, I wanted to. In that game I felt too powerful like nothing could stand in my way, too easy I should say. Got bored with it kinda fast.

That's what you feel like with every Koei game once you power up your characters, weapons enough. Just increase the difficulty cause Koei has actually hard hard modes, most of the time.

Anyway I held off buying Dynasty Warriors 7 because I did not like the sound of conquest mode at all, and free mode being scrapped. Not to mention Zhao Yun, Guan Yu, and Zhang Fei have the exact same moveset where they have EX moves, plus all of those people who have EX moves from swords. I didn't like the shared weapons too much either when I played it at a friends house.

With this game even if they have the recycled movesets for some people in DW7 at least you have the unique movesets of the SW3 and Orochi characters. You can argue they are the same as Orochi 2 but its been a long time since a new Orochi game came out so they will feel fresh :P