YesNoOk

King of Fighters E blog (Read 1240808 times)

Started by swipergod, November 14, 2007, 02:53:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mugen: King of Fighters Edition
#641  March 04, 2009, 10:44:38 am
  • I'm a llama!
I'd say, for the time being, to just eliminate the the explod in simul mode. Yeah, it will seem goofy, but not as goofy as the spark going off before intended.

Also, you could always make the ice cage and shatter animation one animation so you don't have to use a trigger for the shatter.
#642  March 04, 2009, 10:46:30 am
  • I'm a llama!
Actually, that wouldn't make sense since the explosion occurs when she breaks it. I was thinking of her ice cage throw...

I don't know.. eliminate the move? I don't see why Kula would need a freeze into free eats...

I'd have to see how it's coded... is the cage a helper with it's own state defs? I should probably go back and read exactly what you said...
#643  March 04, 2009, 05:15:32 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Well, the ice cage glitch still exists.  I don't know how to work around it.  All I can suggest is to ignore it when playing simul.  Simul has been a headache and a half.  I may attempt to develop or use a tag code and implement it into the game.  That would eliminate most current existing glitches that have me shaking my head and shrugging my shoulders.  I've completed the AI and combo system for Kula.  Now it's just the one victory pose and she's pretty much done.  Still looking like Friday for a release.

I was wondering if someone could explain the Hitoverride code to me.  I've seen it and used it for helpers and understand it's basics, but if I wanted to use it to override hits when you exchange with a grab hit, would that work?  I want to try and eliminate bind errors by having binding hits override in an exchange.

Try to post your doubts in dev help. Just a tought, though.

About the cage helper, try saving the player's ID in a var and the use that to bind.
#644  March 04, 2009, 06:24:51 pm
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
Hey DS, haven't heard from ya in awhile.  I'd rather keep the move.  Kula is powerful, but slow.  Her strength comes from linking moves together.  Individually, they don't do that much (she has one of the weaker DPs).  I balanced adding the command throw in by removing her invincibility in other non-dm moves.  She feels solid right now.

I'll give that a go [E].  I'll post in the dev section later today if I can't figure it out.

I'm heavily leaning towards adding Shiki into the game as a SS rep.  I've done some conceptualization for her moveset.  Nothing's official though.  But I'd really like to put in someone and it'd be a toss up between her and Nakoruru.  I like Shiki more and I think she fits KOF better.  Might decide against it in the end.  Since Dio made it in, I'm having a harder time justifying not putting her in though.  Waiting for Dr. H's release to get me inspired.

How about I ask the people?  Would you like the game to stay Simul or would you rather it have a tag feature?  Put it to a vote.  I want to maintain balance and avoid possibly creating infinits, so the tag feature would possibly steal a level from the super bar (although maybe I'd just put it on a timer instead), there'd be no calling for help during a move (only when states = ctrl) except maybe while blocking, and no striker system (which has been broken as heck from what I've seen in 99-01).  I'll take thoughts and tally a vote.  Close it off before the next version release and implement the changes if the response if "for" instead of "against".
New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 06:29:21 pm by swipergod
#645  March 04, 2009, 07:20:01 pm
  • Master of Vicodin
I can't run mugen properly right now as I don't have the time to search for new drivers around the net, so Shiki is currently on stand by. If I don't manage to fix that in a week, I'll send it to you in her current state and will be at your service to help with any Shiki related stuff. ;)
#646  March 04, 2009, 09:13:28 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Tag is always better than simul (And if there's a way to add tag to MUGEN, I need to know about it).

Tag allows you to stay in control of your project because balancing one character is hard enough. Balancing that character for all the possibilities that open up when there's two fighting at once creates a whole new bowl of soup.
#647  March 04, 2009, 11:40:32 pm
Dr. H.  That's great!  I will be more than happy to give her a go.  I'm pretty sure I'll be adding her in.  Thanks.  If you'd like me to help you finish her for your release, let me know.  I'd be more than happy to help you out.  I'll be finishing my Kula this week, so I should have time to help out next week.

DS, I agree, but it'll be a big fix and I understand some people like simul, so I'll let the masses speak before making a final decision.  If you youtube mugen tag you'll making tag is possible.  KOF Zillion also makes use of tag.  You have to use dedicated states for every character for when they're active (fighting) and passive (off screen).  I'd have to see more coding to understand more.  I'll put a tick mark for tag though.

Tag = 1
Simul = 0

KOF 98 UM finally came out in Canada.  The French instruction manual even got color (usually it's black and white).  I'm loving it.  Once I've unlocked everything, I'll throw the game on watch mode and finish up Kula's victory pose.

#648  March 05, 2009, 12:40:05 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Oh, so you are form Canadia...
#649  March 05, 2009, 01:49:43 am
  • Luck can be statistics or superstition.
    • Malaysia
    • http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/User:Mineko_Charat_Lucky
I'm voting for tags. Yeah, strikers should be off during tags.

I am but a living fossil these days.
#650  March 05, 2009, 02:30:43 am
Yup, yup.  I'm Canananadian.  lol.  I found it hilarious that "counter jump attacks with Raging Storm" is a challenge in 98 UM.  Challenges are a lot harder than in XI.  If you want to see something really funny pit Robert vs Goro in an AI battle in the Practice mode and see if the fight goes anywhere.  :P  Anyway, back on topic.  I've completed the last victory pose for Kula.  It'll just be the PDF and me trying to fix the ice cage now.

Tag = 2
Simul = 0

#651  March 05, 2009, 12:29:24 pm
A tag Mugen exists.
I have found, a few month ago, someone who was making a Mugen game using this "add-on".
Once I find it back, I'll tell you (if I remember, this person is french speaking).

EDIT:
I have found: the addon is from AnkokuAsura, and the game using it is KoF-Ultimate
Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 12:38:50 pm by eldarion
#652  March 05, 2009, 04:33:28 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
I vote for simul, since it's a different experience, as a real simul fight just consist on bating for that one infinite.
#653  March 05, 2009, 05:47:26 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
I vote for Simul. Don't give up on it, swipergod. You'll let the error win.
#654  March 05, 2009, 05:49:00 pm
I haven't tell...
I'd prefer Tag system.
I think simul doesn't really fit KoF gameplay and is better for Capcom VS Games.

Oh... and thanks for this game swipergod.
#655  March 05, 2009, 07:56:21 pm
I alos prefer tag

Monkey D. Luffy W.I.P Thanks to C.R.O.M Lando
#656  March 05, 2009, 11:02:51 pm
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
I vote for a happy medium, Tag + Simul 2 versions could be better for the fans.
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you
#657  March 06, 2009, 12:49:55 am
Thanks eldarion!  I'll check out the game and see what they're using. 

BigBoss, that's too much coding and recoding.  If the game had 20 characters, I wouldn't mind, but with 51.  That's a lot of characters to filter through so I'd prefer to do one for now.  Maybe once it's complete I can off an either/or fullgame. There's no rush on the final decision since the next system release probably won't be until after May.

Yes, Shiki is now official.

I'll be uploading the new K', Whip, Angel and a Kim fix tonight.  Kula will probably be on Saturday since I'd like to try to fix the cage glitch before release.

Leona will undergo a special move change and her special intro with Rugal will be removed.  This will happen around the time of Adel's release.

I like the way K's HSDM looks in 2k2.  I may switch over if the 2k2 sprites for it become available when I have to release him for Kriz' special intro.

Tag = 4
Simul = 2

#658  March 06, 2009, 12:57:13 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
So, was it clear how to fix that thing. players have unique IDs, so the cage helper can save that ID (something like targed, ID) into a var, then later search for the player that has that ID ( hopefully by using playerd(varID) ) .
#659  March 06, 2009, 02:20:26 am
That's coding I've never come across before, so I'm not too familiar with it.  I can give it a shot though.  I'll post in the dev help section if I can't make it work.

#660  March 06, 2009, 03:27:20 am
  • Snake Eater
    • mgmod.com/mugen/
That's coding I've never come across before, so I'm not too familiar with it.  I can give it a shot though.  I'll post in the dev help section if I can't make it work.

Oh i was aware that, the MVC team posted a autoit application for tag must be mistaken.
Interactive Stage W.I.P Click Below

--------------

I give my life not for honor but for you