YesNoOk

King of Fighters E blog (Read 1257548 times)

Started by swipergod, November 14, 2007, 02:53:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mugen: King of Fighters Edition
#801  April 21, 2009, 09:55:17 pm
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
Just quoting myself here:

If in the future, once KOFE gets to version 1.0, I decide to make a new team including Ash, K9999/Nameless and another, then I'll bring her back. 

Nameless is a possibility, although I'd personally prefer K'9999 since the only thing I find cool about Nameless is his cape.  I'd like to bring Ash back and keep Angel, but I'd prefer for right now to keep the total at 52, so no promises.  We'll see how the Raiden project goes first.

I'm still standing by for KOM who's working on the full game and Shiki upload.  Would really like to give out official links instead of temp ones.  If he can't manage by today, I'll release the temp link for Shiki.

New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
#802  April 21, 2009, 10:09:05 pm
Ah, I'd forgotten entirely about that.  Well, if you tweaked the moves around on Nameless or K9999, why not make the Ash/K9999/Nameless Team?  I've been playing KoFE for the past...2 hours?...and I've so far tested every char against nameless and he seems pretty solid, just need a "bit" of tweaking on where the movies hit.  Why not throw the guy doing Raider Nameless aswell?  But ya, I rather enjoy K9999 myself, all his pissed off yelling and what not but both him and Nameless in the same game would be amazing.
#803  April 22, 2009, 01:27:53 am
    • yagamic4.50megs.com/photo2_1.html
No offense Rikimaru, but you're being a little dense.

He's going to finish 1.0 first and THEN consider more characters.

And if K's LDM or HSDM is of that much concern to you, tweak it yourself.
Now chill out a little because every time this topic comes back to the top of the page I get excited at the possibility of a Shiki release.  --;
#804  April 22, 2009, 01:34:03 am
I'm just assuming you misread something somewhere in the last few posts.  Swiper was commenting on changing K's HSDM and I was merely giving suggestions if he had wanted to change it, not whining about how its not good enough already even though it is already amazing.  I'm not really making any requests, just suggestions.  Btw, I was thinking about it and, if I may make a comparison, putting in Shermie and Yashiro without Chris is like having 3 feet and missing a shoe. :p  But then again I don't know what team your throwing yashiro and shermie on.
#805  April 22, 2009, 03:33:40 am
Nameless and K'9999 are too similar.  There would only be one.  Once again, not committing.  In fact, I'm stealing one of Ash's moves already and giving it to Orochi.  Depending on how things go, those characters might end up being too purged to use (like Elizabeth is now).  If I feel good about their chances, I'll make an official announcement.  Right now the chances of making it in are 40%.

End of day, me tired.  Here's Shiki:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/w5fstv

This is not an official release.  This is simply a treat for those who follow the project and the forum here.  The official release will be once KOM has completed the uploading to his server.  If you can't upload from sendspace, you'll have to wait until KOM does his thing.  Please note that there is a glitch with her HSDM when playing simul mode.  The shadow she disappears into does not scroll.  It needs to be turned into a helper.  So if it's scrolled off the screen the blood and enemy will pop up from the middle of the stage.  This is not a problem in single battles/team battles, since the camera locks positions, so it's a glitch that can be fixed at a later date.  I don't have the time yet and Shiki's other last minute fixes took me 6 hours to do on Sunday and I'm kinda pissed off at her because of it.

#806  April 22, 2009, 04:00:50 am
YES! finally, I've been following this Shiki ever since Dr.H opened up her wip topic.  Thanks for finishing her up swipergod.
Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 04:12:51 am by YagamiC4
#807  April 22, 2009, 04:22:14 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
If you're choosing one, go for K9999. Nameless was the King of Fighters 2002: Unlimited Match replacement, and I always say "Originals are better than copies."
#808  April 22, 2009, 04:38:53 am
I used most of what Dr. H had given me, but it's not the SVC accurate version he set out to do.  KOFE means KOFE coded after all.  Hopefully you still enjoy using her.

I'd kinda put it this way.  Look at the stances between K9999 and Nameless.  Which one is cooler?  K9999 just has attitude and moves with style.  He'd also only need one sprite animation edit, whereas Nameless would need multiple.  Plus I hate the glove concept behind Nameless.  The Omni power of K9999 allow for more things to play with.  Nameless isn't a bad character, but just seems like a sissy when put beside K9999.  Part of what will make or break the Ash/K9999/Nameless decision will be how Ash turns out in XII.  If he doesn't inspire me then that's pretty much it.  No Ash, no K9999/Nameless.  Anyway, that's all I'm going to say about this.  My focus for now is on Raiden and his KOF conversion.

#809  April 22, 2009, 05:11:32 am
    • USA
Will you consier adding the Kyo Clones into KOFE?
#810  April 22, 2009, 09:23:21 am
Kyo clones are kinda fun, but theres no real room for them.  As for Ash, I bet there are TONS of things you can do with him.  After all, he does have Iori's Flames and Kagura's Mirror.  As for the glove, yeah even I gotta admit its kinda stupid but Nameless has the intimidation factor; black/red flames, the Krizalid suit, Kyo/K' hair.  But ya, can't wait to see Raiden, even though I was never a fan of him I'm sure you'll do something to make me add him to my favs as per usual.  :p
Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 09:43:58 am by Rikimaru
#811  April 22, 2009, 09:29:13 pm
Plus I hate the glove concept behind Nameless.
? It's a mix of K' and K9999.
In fact, I'm stealing one of Ash's moves already and giving it to Orochi.
Which one ?

Too bad if Angel gets removed as a single download too :/
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 09:36:04 pm by Byakko
#812  April 23, 2009, 12:02:28 am
Plus I hate the glove concept behind Nameless.
? It's a mix of K' and K9999.
No, I mean the removing and quickly putting back on.  IIRC K' and K9999 use the glove to control the power level, not completely nullify it.

Ash was going to have a large pillar of energy/fire as an HSDM.  Now Orochi will have this as a regular DM.  I plan on using Terry's LDM Geyser for Orochi (wasss power!).

Just don't want the burden of updating Angel at the moment.  I feel like if I release something and continue to advertise its release, i should be dedicated to fixing it should someone find a glitch.  She can still be requested, but she will no longer be KOFE.

Kyo clones = no way.  I will never even consider it.  Diversity is what Iori and Saisyu are for.  I have stated many time in this topic that I'm not a fan of alternate versions of a single character.  My philosophy is to pick one and give them the moves that they need.  If you can't fit them all into one, give them to other characters whom they would suit.  I personally think Kyo, Clone 1, Clone 2 and Kusanagi is just stupid.  Move tinkering is just lazy.  SNK should've made Syo and brought back Saisyu if they wanted to do stuff like that.

Raiden in a KOF world might be more interesting than Raiden in a Capcom world.  Honestly while CVS was fun, the Capcomized characters didn't feel like they were doing justice to their SNK counterparts.  They felt slower and weaker.  Just an opinion though.  Exceptions for the Haohmaru, Nakoruru and Hibiki whose slower gameplay felt a lot friendlier in CVS.

Nio's working on Raiden's SNK stance.  It's looking great so far.  Really gets me pumped to make Raiden. 

Chris isn't in because he's Orochi.  I've ripped apart most of his unique moves anyway and gave them to other characters.  Yashiro and Shermie are teaming up with fellow zombies Mature and Vice to form the New Orochi Team.

Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 12:05:29 am by swipergod
#813  April 23, 2009, 12:56:12 am
No, I mean the removing and quickly putting back on.  IIRC K' and K9999 use the glove to control the power level, not completely nullify it.
Oh right, that, yeah, heavily agreed. I think it might not be too hard to edit the glove back on his hand, though. But then again, it's probably more work than you care, so whatever :P
Chris isn't in because he's Orochi.  I've ripped apart most of his unique moves anyway and gave them to other characters.
His normal mode or orochi mode you mean ? Or both ? Sounds interesting, any example of which moves went to who ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#814  April 23, 2009, 04:12:26 am
    • USA
Will you consier adding the Kyo Clones into KOFE?
Kyo clones = no way.  I will never even consider it.  Diversity is what Iori and Saisyu are for.  I have stated many time in this topic that I'm not a fan of alternate versions of a single character.  My philosophy is to pick one and give them the moves that they need.  If you can't fit them all into one, give them to other characters whom they would suit.  I personally think Kyo, Clone 1, Clone 2 and Kusanagi is just stupid.  Move tinkering is just lazy.  SNK should've made Syo and brought back Saisyu if they wanted to do stuff like that.
Speaking of Syo, Ahuron made a version of Syo Kirishima. If you want to add him into KOFE, that's a good place to start.
#815  April 23, 2009, 08:19:03 am
Yeah I kinda figured you had Vice and Mature in mind.  Though I'll only somewhat miss Chris, you got a good valid reason.  Just on a personal note, I think Shiki's HSDM is a bit of overkill.  I mean, she freakin' kills the person basically. XD
#816  April 23, 2009, 05:14:47 pm
Well kinda a mix of both Chris and O. Chris:

Out of the more unique moves:

Teleport belonged to Goenitz
Yashiro has the rush attacks
Krizalid gets the 3x flame shot
Xiangfei's SDM will be similar to the Fireball Rush DM
Comparisons to Kyo are obvious

Similar moves:

Ryo's leaping chop is similar to the leaping fire attack
Several characters have a close up attack similar to O Chris' and diving attack.
Mature will use the slash effect from N Chris's rising kick in her SDM
Adel's SDM will mirror Chris DM rising kicks somewhat

No one gets the Up/Down rush attacks (no one has the animation for them)
No one gets the Sp version of his DP or the '97 dp +k

Phew...

Syo will not be in since SNK never gave him an official move list, so he's not an official SNK playable character (like Diana for example).

Shiki's HSDM is supposed to harken SS.  I really toned down the blood and hits though.  Just seems savage because it's a lot of cutting. :)

#817  April 25, 2009, 09:58:42 am
Hey about deleting the helper in state 370... is this the case for Shiki also?

;Recovery
[State -1]
type = ChangeState
value = 370
triggerall = var(9) = 1
triggerall = stateno >= 5030
triggerall = canrecover
triggerall = alive
trigger1 = Vel Y > 0
trigger1 = Pos Y >= -30

Where is there a helper here?

I may just be so ignorant that I can't recognize a helper when I see one, if that's the case my apologies in advance.  :P
#818  April 25, 2009, 12:01:36 pm
Nope that's AI coding.  That's how the computer quick recovers from attacks where it's free to do so.  Anything with var(9) = 1 is AI since var(9) is the AI variable.  Thanks for checking though C4, I'm sometimes in such a big rush that I can miss things. 

Here's the official release topic. 

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=97469.0

Links may change if KOM can get the uploads up to his server.

FYI, for those who care, Saisyu's SDM will be changed.  He'll now do that fire stream that one of the Kyo clones does as a DM in 2k2 UM.

This will be my last day on the Mugenguild for at least 6 weeks.  Clearly, that means the project is being halted for the time being.  Feel free to report bugs and chat, but know that I won't have access to a computer so I won't be able to get back to you all until I return.

Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 12:57:36 pm by swipergod
#819  April 25, 2009, 01:38:52 pm
Have a good journey Swiper, and thanks for the releases
#820  April 26, 2009, 08:04:27 am
good luck with Raiden he is looking pretty cool

Monkey D. Luffy W.I.P Thanks to C.R.O.M Lando