YesNoOk

Five Nights at Freddy's (Read 402246 times)

Started by Sleepy Eskimo, August 16, 2014, 05:51:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Five Nights at Freddy's
#281  July 25, 2015, 02:57:57 pm
  • Engage me____ mother f_____
  • Killing parents since 1986
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
FNaF2 is still a very flawed game in that too much of it is random. That being said, however, you were constantly on the move trying to do something, even something as trivial as winding a music box. The other note is that audio clues are much more clear, especially when something is crawling through an air vent. It's like a big warning sign saying "Okay after you lower the camera again, pull on the mask." FNaF4 is like going to wind the music box, but having to wait for a few seconds before you get the chance to wind it up again.

FNaF3's engine takes a much more different, more complete feel. That feel being strategically guiding Springtrap away from you. Getting hit by a jumpscare is a punishment for fucking up at preventing the conditions (usually seeing them on camera). The reboot actually serves two purposes: encouraging you to use your resources sparingly, and also to build up suspense as you're waiting for the system to finish rebooting.
Then i have nothing to say.
Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 03:01:27 pm by BaganSmashBros
#282  July 25, 2015, 03:56:35 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Can we go back to taking the piss out of Geem Theery Thenks Fur Wutcheeng?
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#283  July 25, 2015, 09:31:03 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Im pretty sure MatPat is getting screwed over after playing this one. FnaF 4 confirms one thing though about the culprit behind bite of 87 our titular animatronic Freddy.Game Theory made an effort to solve this entire Scenario but this prove that no matter how much they improvise, brainstorm Mr Scott Cawthon is making more new stuff cant wait for the fifth one wonder if it will reveal more details better yet about Springtrap maybe. And I hope he confirms that Phone Guy is a different dude So that He (MatPat) can drop his theory on him.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 09:42:30 pm by Segatron
#284  July 25, 2015, 10:09:41 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
@BaganSmashBros: I am too lazy to edit all that bbcode to respond in a nice format so I'll just do it here

@Segatron: If anything, this game may have strengthened the Phone Guy = Purple Guy theory if you read my theories in the spoilers. HOWEVER, it would be stupid for Phone Guy to survive getting shoved into a normal Freddy suit in the first game that kills you, especially since the suits that could accomodate a human body were discontinued way before this game.
#285  July 26, 2015, 06:53:40 am
@BaganSmashBros: I am too lazy to edit all that bbcode to respond in a nice format so I'll just do it here

Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:58:41 am by BaganSmashBros
#286  July 26, 2015, 04:17:03 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
I understand people getting upset about the ending.

But what about the gameplay? Are the mechanics good?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#287  July 26, 2015, 06:26:38 pm
Well its Kinda hard considering the layout has been changed that was the core in the last 3. I mean you are Victim player who is not a guard and you rely on sounds to figure out their presence...Its Good But I liked the last 3 as they we could see them snooping around the entire restaurant before coming to you. Here its like you are you are unsure what will be in your way and those cameras were an advantage in the previous series so its absense makes it quiet challenging here. SINCE ITS A CHILD SO UNLIMITED FlashLight!!!!

@Segatron: If anything, this game may have strengthened the Phone Guy = Purple Guy theory if you read my theories in the spoilers. HOWEVER, it would be stupid for Phone Guy to survive getting shoved into a normal Freddy suit in the first game that kills you, especially since the suits that could accomodate a human body were discontinued way before this game.

I still feel that he might be different I mean this question is in my mind that bothers me though
Why would a guy who killed someone would care for other's life huh?
ALSO
After this game it actually contradicts that Jeremy is victim of the bite and Mangle the responsible....But the problem here is that Jeremy was in-charge that time of birthday while Fritz was on duty...Where was our survivor from Fnaf 2 when this incident occured?
Also The nightmare animatronics huh Well I thought it would be revived phantoms but....Nightmare and Fredbear really disappoint me here.
Destructoid has mixed feeling on this...
According to Nic Rowen there
This game is stressful in all the wrong ways.
                         and
You don't need to play this game. Even if you've been invested in the series up till now, it's just going to disappoint you and rankle your nerves. The interesting gimmicks have been completely rung out of the franchise; this game is imaginatively bone dry. The louder, nastier jump scares that are left are just a crass attempt to try and distract you from the lack of innovation. The story, the ongoing mystery of Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria, and the strange goings-on surrounding it are best left to your personal headcanon or favorite fan theory.

You'd be better served experiencing Five Nights at Freddy's 4 the way it was obviously intended to be enjoyed. By going on YouTube and watching some twenty-five-year-old, dressed like a fourteen-year-old, scream and cry his way through the game like a seven-year-old.

The game truly has come full circle.
Its like I have to figure out the loose ends of the theory after this game all over again....But its really tragic story here a poor and weak hearted child killed by  bloody prank.....Damn I hate Bullies!!!
Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 06:39:18 pm by Segatron
#288  July 27, 2015, 03:06:40 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA

I still feel that he might be different I mean this question is in my mind that bothers me though
Why would a guy who killed someone would care for other's life huh?
I personally don't believe Phone Guy did it, but if I were to play devil's advocate, I would say that he's not aware of the paranormal activity in the animatronics and is basically being in denial in the second game, but getting more suspicious in the first game.

After this game it actually contradicts that Jeremy is victim of the bite and Mangle the responsible....But the problem here is that Jeremy was in-charge that time of birthday while Fritz was on duty...Where was our survivor from Fnaf 2 when this incident occured?
The original theory was that Jeremy was the bite victim. Now, apparently nothing happened at the birthday part in FNaF2 and they shut down and destroyed the Toys for lols.

Also The nightmare animatronics huh Well I thought it would be revived phantoms but....Nightmare and Fredbear really disappoint me here.
#289  July 27, 2015, 03:58:45 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I haven't played myself yet, but I have watched some playthroughs and I've seen how the story goes and...

Spoiler: Theorycrafting (click to see content)
#290  July 27, 2015, 05:01:37 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#291  July 27, 2015, 05:21:29 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA

I already pointed this out but:

Also Scott shoots down any sequel or DLC rumors... for now.

Hey guys, just a quick update on a few things.

First of all, thanks for all of the birthday wishes even though it's not my birthday. There is a lot of misinformation about me on the internet, surprise, surprise. ;)

I also wanted to comment on what's coming for Halloween. I had originally mentioned that it might be DLC, or an update, or something else entirely, and until now I haven't been completely sure on what I wanted to create.

Well, I think I know now, but it will be very different from what you may be expecting, so I'm asking you all to trust me that I'm going to make something really cool for you!

EDIT: Whatever I release on Halloween will most likely NOT expand upon FNaF4; I'm happy with it as it is. And no it won't be a sequel either. ;)

EDIT: Also won't be a prequel.

EDIT: It won't be FNaF 5.

JANGO EDITS:
And this got posted on Scott's site:

Also because of Scott's great new game mechanics, he made a curious oversight with his playerbase.

Is there any chance someone would or could eventually create a mod that makes Fnaf4 playable for deaf people?
A simple solution would be a small red dot appearing on the screen when you are supposed to hear the animatronics breathe. It could be very faded and hard to see to simulate having to listen very closely for the breathing.
It would also be handy for people that don't have headphones good enough to listen for it.
What do you guys think?
Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 05:30:06 am by Jango Hakamichi
#292  July 27, 2015, 06:51:56 am
The original theory was that Jeremy was the bite victim. Now, apparently nothing happened at the birthday part in FNaF2 and they shut down and destroyed the Toys for lols.
#293  July 27, 2015, 07:47:21 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA

#294  July 27, 2015, 09:47:36 am
Makes sense. Still don't understand why no one fixed the glitch once its been found out what they do at night (someone should have been stuffed into the suit first for Phone Guy to hear/know about it because thats not the first thing you think about when hearing about animatronics walking around at night and attempting to harm the night guard) in such case.
Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 09:53:21 am by BaganSmashBros
#295  July 27, 2015, 12:42:03 pm
    • USA

I already pointed this out but:

#296  July 27, 2015, 01:13:01 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA

Makes sense. Still don't understand why no one fixed the glitch once its been found out what they do at night (someone should have been stuffed into the suit first for Phone Guy to hear/know about it because thats not the first thing you think about when hearing about animatronics walking around at night and attempting to harm the night guard) in such case.
Oh this one's actually pretty easy to answer. The FNaF1 phone call on Night One details that the company will not take responsibility for damages to its staffers, and that if anything happens, they'll just file a Missing Person report and bleach the carpets. They also state that they NEED the animatronics to walk around at night or their servos lock up.

If that sounds messed up, in FNaF3, Night Three's phone call instructs that if someone gets caught in a springlock malfunction to make sure that they make it to the "safe room" so that they can bleed out without customers seeing them (although on Night Four, they discontinue the suits after multiple springlock failures happen.

In short: they just don't give a shit unless it drives customers away, so I'm sure they're not worried about kids playing with exposed animatronic parts that have sharp teeth, nor do they care about their employees getting shoved into suits.

#297  July 27, 2015, 03:11:15 pm
    • USA
Nothing that Phone Guy says should be taken purely at face value.  That thing about the animatronics needing to walk around at night to prevent their servos from locking up is proof positive, because a little bit of mechanical knowledge will tell you that servos generally lock up from being used too much, not too little.  Either he's lying or he genuinely doesn't know, but Phone Guy should always be treated as an unreliable narrator.

#298  July 27, 2015, 08:18:35 pm
Oh this one's actually pretty easy to answer. The FNaF1 phone call on Night One details that the company will not take responsibility for damages to its staffers, and that if anything happens, they'll just file a Missing Person report and bleach the carpets. They also state that they NEED the animatronics to walk around at night or their servos lock up.

If that sounds messed up, in FNaF3, Night Three's phone call instructs that if someone gets caught in a springlock malfunction to make sure that they make it to the "safe room" so that they can bleed out without customers seeing them (although on Night Four, they discontinue the suits after multiple springlock failures happen.

In short: they just don't give a shit unless it drives customers away, so I'm sure they're not worried about kids playing with exposed animatronic parts that have sharp teeth, nor do they care about their employees getting shoved into suits.
I know about that, but its less expensive (and takes less effort) to just fix the glitch and use plastic for sharp teeth.
Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 08:23:11 pm by BaganSmashBros
#299  July 27, 2015, 10:44:39 pm
Well It seems like Scott is done with this or is he....I mean Since this was planned to be the "Final CHAPTER" but isnt there in game at instead FNAF 4...
Well aside from that FNAF4 looks more like a spinoff I mean its taking place within FNAF 2....there is still something that we have no clue about at all except for Scott himself.
#300  July 27, 2015, 11:51:33 pm
Well It seems like Scott is done with this or is he....I mean Since this was planned to be the "Final CHAPTER" but isnt there in game at instead FNAF 4...
Well aside from that FNAF4 looks more like a spinoff I mean its taking place within FNAF 2....there is still something that we have no clue about at all except for Scott himself.

There is a small and very dark "?" in the "The End" image Scott posted and he said that there is stuff planned for Halloween and then there was this locked chest ("some things are better left locked away")...So, we'll get answers like tomorrow or in the next week. I mean, we've got FNAF2 in 2015 and FNAF4 on Halloween, right?