Gordeau v1.07 (Read 50998 times)

Started by OHMSBY, October 31, 2018, 09:08:46 pm
Share this topic:
Gordeau v1.07
#1  October 31, 2018, 09:08:46 pm
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/view/ohmsby-mugen
Hello Everyone,

Gordeau has arrived just in time for Halloween. Just like the rest of my characters, he uses a custom gameplay style that is largely based on his Cross Tag move set. A few of his old moves from uniel have been brought back as well.

More screenshots in the spoiler:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

You can get Gordeau here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yG_HBh9hL7B_VFmmpnLsSo9LFUOLcbET/view?usp=sharing

Also, the poll is back, so you can vote for my next character here:
Azrael has won the poll. Thanks for voting.

As always, have fun.
Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 05:15:16 pm by OHMSBY
Re: Gordeau
#2  October 31, 2018, 10:11:22 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
A solid character although I do have some complaints about some effects.
I think you should modify all scythe swing effects so that they use Gordeau's palette. That way, they can have the appropriate color depending on the palette used. There is enough space for that.

2B effect seems to be too small
Also, all Assimilation moves should have some effects on his clawed hand as well.

Not pictured, but Assimilation has some fire on his clawed hand before he attacks too. I do not think Assimilation is supposed to have OTG properties either, but it does here? Its EX version is also supposed to gain some meter.
Gordeau falls after j.C too quickly. It's not supposed to be much different from his normal falling speed
It might be better if you increased wall bounce X velocity on his ground throw. It should be enough for 5A to connect.
Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 10:52:46 pm by Susanoo-no-Mikoto

lui

Re: Gordeau
#3  October 31, 2018, 11:06:15 pm
    • USA
Have you thought about looking into those high res DMC characters? I think they'd work perfectly with your style. Talking about that dmc3,4 Dante and Nero
Re: Gordeau v1.01
#4  November 01, 2018, 12:58:20 am
    • USA
I think you should modify all scythe swing effects so that they use Gordeau's palette. That way, they can have the appropriate color depending on the palette used. There is enough space for that.

At first I was hesitant about doing this, since the effects actually filled up all 256 swatches in a palette, and I was worried that it may end up not looking right if I modified it. After messing around with it more, it turns out that I was wrong and I was able to make it look good. So now, it has been implemented.

Not pictured, but Assimilation has some fire on his clawed hand before he attacks too.

I've also noticed that I left out a few frames in the animation that occur before the swing, So I had to add those as well.

I do not think Assimilation is supposed to have OTG properties either, but it does here?

It's not. That was an oversight on my part.

Have you thought about looking into those high res DMC characters? I think they'd work perfectly with your style. Talking about that dmc3,4 Dante and Nero

I have not thought of that. Although, that is actually not a bad idea.

Anyway, Gordeau has been updated. Go ahead and redownload him.

- Increased the size of the swish effect for 2B, The hitbox has also been adjusted accordingly
- The color of the swish effects now change to match the current palette
- EX Assimilation now regains some meter like it does in Uniel and Cross Tag
- Adjusted the falling speed after using jC/Mortal Glide
- Made a slight change to Assimilation's animation
- Assimilation no longer has OTG properties
- Added Flame effects to the Air Grab, All versions of Assimilation, and the Fourth hit of Mortal Slide: Divest
- Adjusted the normal throw so it can be followed up with 5A more consistently
Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 01:12:54 am by OHMSBY
#5  November 01, 2018, 01:20:54 am
  • The Illusionary Wanderer
  • I have a dream
    • Vietnam
He looks so good. I cant wait to try him now.
#6  November 01, 2018, 03:23:13 am
    • Argentina
very good :)
#7  November 01, 2018, 04:54:56 am
    • Aruba
Hi OHMSBY Loving Gordeau so far good job.
Now for my feedback.
-His auto combos only has 4 hits instead it needs to be 6 hits.
-2A needs to be only 3 hits instead of 6 hits.
 -For some reason 2C can't connect after 5B.
Sorry I just need to pointed it out since he is my main. <3
#8  November 01, 2018, 06:06:46 am
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
Now for my feedback.

For clarity sake, regarding the auto combo, Gord ends the A autocombo with his Force Function which does 3 quick hits at once which makes the auto combo end in 6 hits.
2A actually cancels into itself up to 3 times, even on whiff in Cross tag
5B into 2C is a distance thing in Cross tag. He actually needs to be close to be able to do that. Now 5BB into 2C on the other hand, I can imagine the reason is because Gord's 5BB pull the opponent too much here compared to cross tag.

I'll have to verify if this was affected in the recent update, but you're not supposed to be able to combo from assimilation. Gord drops them on the spot in source.

I can't seem to pull Gord's aerial bnb here. After a 2B launcher you can do j. AB, J. cancel, j.ABC into Precise Aim. Here, Precise Aim completely whiffs as the attacks don't lift the opponent enough to combo properly.
#9  November 01, 2018, 06:45:10 am
    • Aruba
Now for my feedback.

For clarity sake, regarding the auto combo, Gord ends the A autocombo with his Force Function which does 3 quick hits at once which makes the auto combo end in 6 hits.
2A actually cancels into itself up to 3 times, even on whiff in Cross tag
5B into 2C is a distance thing in Cross tag. He actually needs to be close to be able to do that. Now 5BB into 2C on the other hand, I can imagine the reason is because Gord's 5BB pull the opponent too much here compared to cross tag.

I'll have to verify if this was affected in the recent update, but you're not supposed to be able to combo from assimilation. Gord drops them on the spot in source.

I can't seem to pull Gord's aerial bnb here. After a 2B launcher you can do j. AB, J. cancel, j.ABC into Precise Aim. Here, Precise Aim completely whiffs as the attacks don't lift the opponent enough to combo properly.

Thanks man for clarify and sorry for my poor English :)
#10  November 01, 2018, 03:18:46 pm
    • USA

I used Stupa's training character with recovery turned on to make sure that he couldn't combo from assimilation (at least not without rapid canceling), the opponent should be able to recover not long after being released. EX Assimilation on the other hand, the opponent gets dropped in the source game just like with the other versions of assimilation, however I changed it to have the opponent stagger instead, opening them up for a combo. You hardly see anybody use EX assimilation in an actual match in the source game, so I thought I'd try making it actually worth the meter.

Anyway, I'm preparing an update that fixes up his air game a little, as well as the other things you and carlosspeed pointed out.
Re: Gordeau v1.02
#11  November 01, 2018, 08:07:05 pm
    • USA
Gordeau has gotten another update. Go ahead and redownload him.

- 5AAAA (Rusty Nail) now counts as 3 hits instead of 1
- 2A can now only chain into itself up to 3 times
- Made some slight adjustments to jA and jB
- Adjusted the launch trajectory on 5BB (Mortal Slide) and jC (Mortal Glide)
- Increased the cornerpush on EX Assimilation
#12  November 02, 2018, 03:10:53 pm
    • UK
When i'm resize  . _ .

#13  November 02, 2018, 04:45:30 pm
  • Top Nep
  • /!\Cost Over/!\
    • USA
When i'm resize  . _ .

Problem is your using x and y on cns. Its more better if u resize with localcoord.

If it still looks bad quality then mess with x and y but this can mess up the character which would require personal fixing.
Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 04:49:51 pm by DartzPie
#14  November 02, 2018, 06:07:46 pm
    • USA
OHMSBY, ever thought of doing Sengoku Basara X Characters?
#15  November 02, 2018, 09:25:47 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
I am not sure how it happened and I cannot replicate it, but during his forward throw, the animation stopped after the first hit and enemy dropped to the ground.

Also, I made some palettes for Gordeau based on Testament, Roa and Priscilla (although this one is hard to recognize)
#16  November 02, 2018, 10:14:56 pm
    • USA
I am not sure how it happened and I cannot replicate it, but during his forward throw, the animation stopped after the first hit and enemy dropped to the ground.

Back in Uniel, Gordeau will drop the opponent instead of throwing them if you held down. I brought this back in the form of his running grab (pressing the grab button while running), which has an explanation in the readme. (The rest of my characters have running grabs as well, most of which are completely new moves.) You'll know if you've done a running grab instead if Gordeau says "What a joke" instead of "I've got you now".

Nice palettes by the way. I especially like the Roa Palette.

OHMSBY, ever thought of doing Sengoku Basara X Characters?

Sengoku Basara is not a series that I'm familiar with I'm afraid.
#17  November 02, 2018, 10:29:36 pm
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
Back in Uniel, Gordeau will drop the opponent instead of throwing them if you held down. I brought this back in the form of his running grab (pressing the grab button while running), which has an explanation in the readme. (The rest of my characters have running grabs as well, most of which are completely new moves.) You'll know if you've done a running grab instead if Gordeau says "What a joke" instead of "I've got you now".

Nice palettes by the way. I especially like the Roa Palette.
Ah, I missed that.

Thank you.
#18  November 03, 2018, 01:07:46 am
  • Cute Bounty Hunter

It's not a nerf request (it's probably exactly like that in the source games anyway), I'm just remarking on how huge that Clsn1 is and wondering how anyone using more primitive gameplay styles (ones without rolls, for instance) could possibly get around it.
#19  November 03, 2018, 01:47:47 am
    • USA
Yeah, Gordeau is quite infamous for the large hitboxes on his scythe attacks and is often at the top of most people's tier lists because of it. I was actually a little surprised that it didn't extend all the way to the other side of the screen.

As for getting around it with a more primitive character, the only way I can think of is by using evasive rolls, but you already said without rolls.
Other than that, I suggest playing in widescreen or activating zoom if you can.
#20  November 03, 2018, 04:23:04 am
  • One true Susano'o
  • Subete wo… kirisaku!
This sort of range was okay only because there were enough characters with similar range in the source games (Merkava certainly outranges him and I think Phonon has longer range too) and some other mechanics to deal with it, but it becomes a problem in crossovers like Cross Tag Battle where most of the characters were never meant to deal with anything like this. Brawler type characters are hurt the most by it (only Yang is okay because of her super armor). This is without getting into the more complex mechanics Gordeau can abuse which are thankfully not present in MUGEN.