YesNoOk

Farewell Loganir and Verz (Read 17218 times)

Started by lui, February 02, 2015, 07:34:59 pm
Share this topic:

lui

Farewell Loganir and Verz
#1  February 02, 2015, 07:34:59 pm
    • USA
http://loganir.blogspot.com/2015/02/all-good-things-come-to-end.html
pretty much sums it all up.
Basically, people like Ax and others apparently keep on using sprites of Loganir and Verz without permission, using it to create a new characters with stolen sprites and claiming it as their own and such. This has happened so much it actually made Loganir and Verz lose motivation in MUGEN as they felt VERY disrespected. So they have decided to hang up the MUGEN coat and hat for good.
i knew about Loganir's retirement for awhile, Verz PM'ed me about it. I tried convincing Verz to keep on going, but they already made their decision and I will respect it. Wellp, there's nothing we can do now but wish Loganir and Verz a good farewell and good luck in the future. They've done more than enough for the community and we will cherish their works as masterpieces.
So let us all give them our warmest goodbyes and farewells! It's the least we can do :')

(also, Loganir put a not-so-subtle hint on who he's having an issue with in the blogpost. Just look at the picture and you'll see it.)

Re: Farewell Loganir and Verz
#2  February 02, 2015, 07:38:13 pm
  • "VS. Style Debuts - CEO"
  • Death is the start of a brand new cycle
    • Brazil
    • Skype - emperorzankuro
    • https://shinzankuro.carrd.co/
I feel bad for Loganir, he are a awesome and inspirating creator :/

- Want to commission me for a artwork? Just come here
- Donations is welcome
#3  February 02, 2015, 07:59:49 pm
    • Zimbabwe
    • hephaistos1.wix.com/mugen-palace
"mugen is free mugen is free blablabla".
Mugen community get what it deserves. It's normal.

Have a good rest, guys. Thank you for your hard work!!! Personally I highly loved your custom intro for Astonishing Cyclop and remade it in HD (the concept) for my personal use.
You have skills, guys.
Thank you so much!
#4  February 02, 2015, 08:17:13 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
Ehh this is such an overreaction :/

Sad to see them go.
#5  February 02, 2015, 08:22:34 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Was just hoping to see more from them after Electro. Ah well.

lui

#6  February 02, 2015, 08:24:57 pm
    • USA
Ehh this is such an overreaction :/

Sad to see them go.

They just don't want all the works that they've spent literally years on to just be edited off like that without their permission. It IS a bit of an overreaction, but the fact that the people won't stop editing their works just irks me.
#7  February 02, 2015, 08:29:30 pm
    • tehwii@gmail.com
That is personal preference. Weve had tons of drama about this. Most recently Noz and Gazira had a spat over use of his flames in a screenpack. Asking for permission is fine, but MUGEN and all associated works released for it are open source. If they didnt want sprites stolen or used, they cant go releasing sffs. You cant force people not to use it, even if you are thrpwing a temper tantrum about it.

I would have to side with Ax or whoever here on technicality. Its shitty no permission was requested but its not a rule. The best can be done is spreading information so ppl learn not to do this.

lui

#8  February 02, 2015, 08:46:33 pm
    • USA
That is personal preference. Weve had tons of drama about this. Most recently Noz and Gazira had a spat over use of his flames in a screenpack. Asking for permission is fine, but MUGEN and all associated works released for it are open source. If they didnt want sprites stolen or used, they cant go releasing sffs. You cant force people not to use it, even if you are thrpwing a temper tantrum about it.

I would have to side with Ax or whoever here on technicality. Its shitty no permission was requested but its not a rule. The best can be done is spreading information so ppl learn not to do this.

good point but still. It's just that Ax doesn't respect Verz' personal preference is what irks me really. Wellp, nothing to say about it now, all we can do is just wish them a good farewell.
#9  February 02, 2015, 08:46:57 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
when you put something on the internet you cant really control it anymore since anyone can use it and take it sad to see them go for something like
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#10  February 02, 2015, 09:01:42 pm
    • keroroseed00@hotmail.fr
god damn it

#11  February 02, 2015, 09:17:08 pm
    • Argentina
It's sad to know about what happened to them. I've been waiting for his She-Hulk since I knew about her back in 2005. But well, nothing we can do about their decisions. I hope they have a good life in their respective lives and, also thanks for the contribution about this little world called Mugen, guys.
#12  February 02, 2015, 09:26:34 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I wonder if they realize Axkeeper does this just to get a reaction/rise out of people

lui

#13  February 02, 2015, 09:28:24 pm
    • USA
I wonder if they realize Axkeeper does this just to get a reaction/rise out of people

they probably do. they're just sick and feel unmotivated. like, seriously unmotivated. it's quite deprressing actually.
I wonder if Ax is getting a hard-on from these reactions right now...
#14  February 02, 2015, 09:32:37 pm
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
Probably. I mean he was releasing really buggy and incomplete chars a while back so people would get pissy, going so far as to make it look like he was using other chars files to make multiple Frankenstein's monsters.
#15  February 02, 2015, 09:40:29 pm
I see no good news here lately, first Chu's files are deleting and now this.
What a bad start for a 2015. I think it's for the best that Loganir and Verz can now focus on their own personal live.
But this is a stupid action of Ax what he's doing. He's making things even worst than before. 
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#16  February 02, 2015, 09:43:00 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Ax is the guy that first would go on rants about hating the blacks, then on rants about hating jews then on rants about hating gays, then on rants about admiring hitler, then on rants about finding jesus.

Why anyone would even consider giving him the time of day is beyond me. If his "goku" was an example of the rest of his work, I dont think loganir or verz need to be even worried about anyone seeing his work as a competition of theirs.

lui

#17  February 02, 2015, 09:44:16 pm
    • USA
speaking of releasing crap:
http://elecbyte.com/forum/index.php?topic=4801.0
this is the crap ax was working on that used astonishing cyclops sprites (which is probably the laziest thing you can do) that got verz into this whole mess.
volzilla didn't want the drama to get out of hand so he hid it and removed it from MMV so nobody would notice.
Ax then just decided "fuck it, im ax" and released the crap character anyway on elecbytes forums.
you have to ROYALLY fuck up to hide a release from MMV, Crusadercast AND IMT and post it on ELECBYTE'S forums.
#18  February 02, 2015, 09:49:12 pm
  • Five Dynasties of Water
    • Mexico
    • Skype - alchemistofatlas
As much as I can understand their anger, quitting means they let Ax win. Personally, I wouldn't quit Mugen because of an idiot who simply wants a reaction from things. Ax is an attention whore and Loganir and Verz, while understandably pissed off about what Ax has done, are giving Ax what he's wanting to, the attention he doesn't deserve.

Shame they quit, because Electro improved greatly.

Hope you two reconsider. But if you're going to keep your decision, then, wish you the best.
PotS said:
That they don't just restrict themselves to my style.

Fact.
#19  February 02, 2015, 09:50:09 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - TatariZane2009
Not to fuel the fire more, but you also forgot the fact that a single release thread of Ax's char in MFFA could potentially start a drama.

Still, kind of sucks that Loganir and Verz left, but hey, it's their decision.

lui

#20  February 02, 2015, 09:58:24 pm
    • USA
Not to fuel the fire more, but you also forgot the fact that a single release thread of Ax's char in MFFA could potentially start a drama.
no fire to burn, the damage is done and there's nothing to do but wish them well.
hell, ax's name alone starts drama