YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 797337 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#121  July 24, 2014, 04:42:54 pm
  • SNK is life
#122  July 24, 2014, 04:44:29 pm
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
So...how bout that fucking Pachinko game?

I'm not mad at SNK. I'm mad at the japanese consumer.
#123  July 24, 2014, 04:55:18 pm
>Geese is still alive
#124  July 24, 2014, 05:52:57 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
So...how bout that fucking Pachinko game?

I'm not mad at SNK. I'm mad at the japanese consumer.

they are making models/sprites and resources for the new kof game, but instead of releasing an unfinished game like they did with 12 they are using them for the pachiko game to recoup costs. that's teh theory anyway.
#125  July 24, 2014, 06:04:50 pm
that's teh theory anyway. what everyone is hoping for.
The only hint supporting that theory is that there are still job offers popping up every now and then that do mention 3D modeling and an actual fighting game. It's a good hint, but you never know, things might go wrong yet.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#126  July 24, 2014, 06:15:36 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Hmm..exactly one month and a day till the day by day 20th anniversary of KOF. Hope SNKP does something really cool and reveals a new KOF on that day.
#127  July 24, 2014, 09:21:36 pm
  • Fuck You.
gotta be a dream match and hopefully they name it like xiii-2 or xiii-complete or something so they can continue with the number in system since xii was too quick in the sack

I never doubt SNKP would retcon the entire Fatal Fury timeline just so they could fit this Mary Sue in the plot.

you don't know what a mary sue is

i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#128  July 24, 2014, 09:35:29 pm
Ash Returns: King of Fighters XIII

They might show something at tgs but they haven't went to show off anything in the past handful of years, so wouldn't bet on it. Will probably be an out of nowhere announcement.
Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:49:34 pm by Niitris

SNT

#129  July 25, 2014, 01:06:55 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#130  July 25, 2014, 04:09:24 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
... You realize she was there since the beginning and she was supposed to pop up in Fatal Fury 3, right ? Though she changed and she's older now.

Yes, though back then she was just a scrapped character that make a very brief appearance in some ending. What we have now is a totally different entity.

Yes I do. And this Alice reeks of it.
#131  July 25, 2014, 04:13:42 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
A Mary Sue is an author insert that is generally made to be flawless and never displayed in a negative manner with heavy doses of plot armor.

I don't see how she fits any of this.
#132  July 25, 2014, 04:15:24 pm
Alice is a pachislot mascot (a good one at that too), not a mary sue.
#133  July 25, 2014, 04:17:25 pm
What we have now is a totally different entity.
She's been showing up in SNK's Pachinko games for a few years now.
Yes I do. And this Alice reeks of it.
She was a Terry fangirl since the beginning, I don't see how she could be a Mary Sue when she's been the same for a couple of decades and the people in charge have changed a few times. At the very most you could call her a player insert, in that she represents the players who are fans of Terry, but it's nonsense to say she's a Mary Sue, because she's not a self-insert of whoever made her, plus the only trait she has that's anywhere close to a Mary Sue is that she follows the hero around, she has nothing else that we know of. She simply was supposed to be a character replacing Mai. And in that respect, she's really not that different from her initial concept, only her appearance changed.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#134  July 25, 2014, 06:10:41 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
she also has her own route in the dom games.
#135  July 25, 2014, 08:10:28 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
It absolutely makes no sense to call her a Mary Sue. But... I do think it also is wrong to call her the same character as the abandoned Alice from FF3. Barely even seems like being inspired by FF3 Alice beyond liking Terry; they don't even have the same last name!

also she's dumb and I hate her >:[

they are making models/sprites and resources for the new kof game, but instead of releasing an unfinished game like they did with 12 they are using them for the pachiko game to recoup costs. that's teh theory anyway.
I dunno, it just doesn't seem that likely. Those models seem too high quality to be used in anything other than FMVs. Plus, they're all rebooted versions FF characters, and it doesn't seem like SNK would use most of those characters and/or those reboot looks in the next KOF game (cause they're probably not doing a new FF game anytime soon).
#136  July 25, 2014, 08:16:14 pm
Barely even seems like being inspired by FF3 Alice beyond liking Terry; they don't even have the same last name!
But then that makes it a retcon / evolution, it's a fact that she's been around for a few years and she was supposed to be that character since the first time she came back (she didn't even get put on a bus and came back later, she was standing around in backgrounds). She just changed along with the decades and the few designers that went through the franchise.

Well, to be fair, long story short, they probably had the idea of her character back in the old days, they ended up not using her but they kept her around just in case, and then when they needed something they came back to her and updated / revamped her.
Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 08:20:02 pm by DKDC
#137  July 25, 2014, 08:25:16 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I mean, it's all semantics but I think it's better to treat them as different characters, with pachinko Alice's concept being inspired by FF3 Alice, instead of character development.

Besides, that way you can do Alice/Alice OTP! (cuz pachinko Alice best step off of Blue Mary's man >:[)
#138  July 25, 2014, 10:56:02 pm
  • Fuck You.
let's debunk this mary sue nonsense, well, when it was the subject:

see, alba meira is a mary sue (or marty stu, if you will, and by extension soirée because they're twins for some retardedmentally challenged reason)

let's explain how he was a mary sue: 3rd party (of a sort, he doesn't fit in my canon, bitch) canon immigrant, author self-insert (falcoon, a man i very hate, has went on record as stating that alba was modeled after him and is who he would be if he was a vg char), who automatically knows all the og/established characters and has rivalries with most of them/has defeated most of them (hey, it's that guy i just met that beat me before even tho i never seen him before this moment), wins the tournament and is (in falcoon's deluded canon) the strongest cast member and also, wait for it...............an alien ("I have to go, my planet needs me" - poochie the dog, 1997)

i can't make this stuff up

that is a mary sue, alice is not a mary sue
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#139  July 25, 2014, 11:04:31 pm
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
is (in falcoon's deluded canon) the strongest cast member
did he confirm that he was stronger than the ikari team because those niggas are confirmed OP as all shit and lose on purpose (outside of Those From The Past invasions) according to SNK canon in general

#140  July 25, 2014, 11:15:31 pm
    • www.justnopoint.com/
lol he turned out to be an alien too?!