YesNoOk

fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread (Read 769238 times)

Started by Niitris, May 08, 2014, 11:34:32 pm
Share this topic:
Re: fighting games news that dont deserve their own thread
#881  June 25, 2016, 05:16:05 pm
  • Decepticon Leader
    • USA
I would love a sequel Garou. But I also want what was being worked on (Falcoon stated it was 70% completed) to leak in some form. Especially now.

・・・・・・・・⑨
#882  June 25, 2016, 05:24:20 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#883  June 25, 2016, 07:34:10 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Who knows, maybe that's precisely one reason the game never saw the light of day.

mostly piracy, I remember that they pirated a prototype and not the final game , not very noticeable because they were almost identical, but then some tournament players would try to do things that were only doable in the prototype which uncovered them as being filthy pirates.
#884  July 10, 2016, 12:45:18 am
  • Decepticon Leader
    • USA

This is without a doubt "Kuan" (クアン), the apprentice of Joe Higashi mentioned first by Akihiko Ureshino on his blog and then given a name in Maximum Impact: Regulation A. According to Joe's profile in XII, "She is a thief who tries to pickpocket Joe. Impressed with her top class physical strength and her daring, he immediately dubs her his disciple and inspires the girl to live a new life learning Muay Thai". Even has the same pose as Joe Higashi (stance animation from XII)!

This appears to be Rock, looking all nice and dapper. Influenced by Kain after he goes with him in search of information on his mother (confirming his ending to be canon). I am not sure the capacity in which he would have a played a role like this considering his regular attire version of himself was still playable. Makes me think how different this version of him could have played. Perhaps relying on Geese's influence more than Terry's here? Speaking of normal Rock, his sprite was slightly altered.

His arm and head positions are changed.

・・・・・・・・⑨
Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 12:49:49 am by Kairi
#885  July 11, 2016, 06:10:40 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

Angry Mob Games has announced Brawlout, a new Super Smash Bros-alike fighter currently in development for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Due for release in Q1 2017, Brawlout is described as an 1-8-player platform fighter that puts players in control of a variety of animals fighting for the "pride of their people", and promises "the precision of violent fighters with a gorgeous animated style".

Online and local multiplayer is supported along with a full single-player campaign, with each animal said to have access to "vastly different combat styles". You can catch the first footage in the video below

"We're all fighting game fans, so we've built our dream platform fighter", said Angry Mob Games' CEO Bogdan Iliesiu. "We've heard what players miss from classic fighters and what they love about new ones, and Brawlout is designed to give people the best of both worlds, whether that's ruining friendships around the TV or going online to anger strangers in tournaments."

If you're heading out to this weekend's EVO, you'll be able to check out Brawlout's public debut in the Indie Showcase.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/brawlout/news/smash_bros-alike_brawlout_announced_for_ps4_xbox_one_and_pc.html
#886  July 11, 2016, 06:22:59 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
#887  July 11, 2016, 07:17:35 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97BDoEMyuks[/youtube]

Angry Mob Games has announced Brawlout, a new Super Smash Bros-alike fighter currently in development for PS4, Xbox One and PC.

Due for release in Q1 2017, Brawlout is described as an 1-8-player platform fighter that puts players in control of a variety of animals fighting for the "pride of their people", and promises "the precision of violent fighters with a gorgeous animated style".

Online and local multiplayer is supported along with a full single-player campaign, with each animal said to have access to "vastly different combat styles". You can catch the first footage in the video below

"We're all fighting game fans, so we've built our dream platform fighter", said Angry Mob Games' CEO Bogdan Iliesiu. "We've heard what players miss from classic fighters and what they love about new ones, and Brawlout is designed to give people the best of both worlds, whether that's ruining friendships around the TV or going online to anger strangers in tournaments."

If you're heading out to this weekend's EVO, you'll be able to check out Brawlout's public debut in the Indie Showcase.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/brawlout/news/smash_bros-alike_brawlout_announced_for_ps4_xbox_one_and_pc.html

So, basically this game is Brutal: Paws of Fury meets Smash Brothers... OK.
#888  July 16, 2016, 09:52:32 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
Garou MOTW just got announce on ps4 and Vita during The SNK panel at EVO
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#889  July 19, 2016, 09:43:52 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#890  July 27, 2016, 04:10:30 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ

Top Smash players, ladies and gentlemen.
#891  July 27, 2016, 04:25:27 am
don't generalize, anti in particular is a pile of shit
#892  July 27, 2016, 04:35:48 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Omni and Leffen are being cunts, too. Kind of hard NOT to generalize at this point.
#893  July 27, 2016, 04:37:11 am
yeah i'm seeing a lot of other players retweeting anti's shit. i'm disappointed

i figure this mindset also happens in other games (given the choice, top players would rather play against other top players to become even better) but i haven't seen anyone be this shitty about it in other communities
Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 04:43:47 am by Titiln
#894  July 27, 2016, 04:50:38 am
Smash community (particularly Melee, 4 gets a bit less flak) have a horrible rep. While I don't doubt some of it is witch hunting, most of it is quite deserved sadly. Lack of respect for other games, moreso than average anyway, has been a common problem to compound the more spontaneous conflicts.
#895  July 27, 2016, 05:20:05 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Daigo was playing everyone at EVO when he was at the Red Bull booth.

It's bad to generalize but at this point, between the sexual harassing (Which apparently is more prominent than what Noel Brown does) from the last Smash events and Mew2king and gang putting top 8 on hold at that one event because "they had too much red bull the night before"... I don't know really.

And yeah, it's unfair to bring Leffen to this, because he's on a whole different level.
#896  July 27, 2016, 06:14:52 am
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
#897  July 29, 2016, 03:59:15 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
#898  July 29, 2016, 04:29:15 pm
#899  August 06, 2016, 12:59:32 am
  • A.K.A. NED
  • I like to draw fighting game characters...
#900  August 14, 2016, 04:08:09 am
    • Indonesia
    • larsmasters.deviantart.com