YesNoOk

King of Fighters E blog (Read 1263294 times)

Started by swipergod, November 14, 2007, 02:53:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: Mugen: King of Fighters Edition
#401  October 28, 2008, 12:23:14 am
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Holy cow!  That's a huge bug.  Thanks for posting superyuzqy.  Can you offer more info?  Can you tell me when this occures or what move Chizuru/Kyo/Krauser was doing when it happened.  I'll see if I can replicate the issue and figure out a fix for it.  Clearly, this has something to do with the helper states since Chizuru's coding is full of them and I'm guessing this glitch doesn't happen with others.  I can't look at it today, but I'll check it out tomorrow.  Any more info would be appreciated and I'll release a fix for her when I release Athena.
I think Chizuru spouts multiples of herself when she's thrown into from a corner of any stage.
#402  October 28, 2008, 11:17:47 am
Chizuru's Guardian’s Judgement (f,d,df +wp) can be caught by Krasuer's Phoenix Thrust (f,d,df +p) Type 2 counter.  You can see the AI match, chizuru's Essence of Infinate Rites (d,df,f x2 +k) mirror  also can be caught by Krasuer, then she can not move. Silent Prayer (d,df,f x2 +2p) mirror can be caught in the same way.
Kyo's Demon Scorcher (f,d,df +p) can destroy Chizuru's Guardian’s Judgement mirror as well. Other people like Geese's Counter (d,db,b +wk), kasumi's Peach Tree Defense (d,db,b +wk) Counter also can caught chizuru's mirror.
#403  October 28, 2008, 12:46:41 pm
  • Yes, I am the one who drew that.
I may not reply this topic due to time constraints, but I constantly check your updates and wholeheartedly support your project! Keep up the good work!
#404  October 29, 2008, 03:38:26 am
  • I'm a llama!
I'm still thinking up better ways at making the next full download easier than this.  The good news is that the music files will be substantially smaller next time around.  That'll get rid of a good 100 megs of space.

XI's Kizu Darake No Blue Moon is my favorite Psycho Soldier theme and I'd like to use a theme with lyrics.  I liked '98s version of Shuddering Gong, but they never arranged it (I'm using Arranged music only) and it doesn't fit Athena's pop starlet image as well.  '97s theme just fits the stage better though).  *shrug*

Well, I hadn't seen what your Athena looked like so I must say that Shuddering Gong wouldn't fit too well, yeah.

Want to blow some minds? Use one of the KOF KYO versions of Psycho Solder.
#405  October 29, 2008, 03:40:59 am
    • USA
I'm strongly considering adding Krizalid to the mix.  He'd replace Orochi as a Boss and Orochi would become the Final Boss.
What?!  o_O All due respect, Orochi was sealed away by the Sacred Treasures Team back in 1997. How did the seal get broken if Orochi is the final boss?

Yes, I know it has taken too long for me to notice this, but I was occupied with my thoughts at the time and didn't think about this very much.

Back to what I was saying: If anything, Kain R. Heinlin should be the final boss.
#406  October 29, 2008, 04:07:39 am
I'm strongly considering adding Krizalid to the mix.  He'd replace Orochi as a Boss and Orochi would become the Final Boss.
What?!  o_O All due respect, Orochi was sealed away by the Sacred Treasures Team back in 1997. How did the seal get broken if Orochi is the final boss?

Yes, I know it has taken too long for me to notice this, but I was occupied with my thoughts at the time and didn't think about this very much.

Back to what I was saying: If anything, Kain R. Heinlin should be the final boss.

He is adding Orochi as the final boss because this is a dream match.
#407  October 29, 2008, 05:21:04 am
  • The world is what you make of it
    • https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
Well, if you think about it, Yashiro, Vice, Shermie, Mature, Goentiz, Rugal and Krizalid are all dead, but are still in the game (Geese's death is apparently not KOF cannon).  It's a dream match, but there's a story behind it (simple, nothing mind blowing) that'll I'll be putting in when I do the intro and credits later on.  It "might" have to do with the 50th and as of yet unannounced character, but I'm not sure if I want to add anyone else at this point.  The 49th, Krizalid, is himself still up in the air...

Don't worry, Kain will be represented even though he's not in the game.

KOF Kyo Psycho Soldier?  Haven't heard that version.  I'll download it and check it out.

Thanks for the shout out Ebichumaru.

superyuzqy, thanks for catching this major glitch.  I see it's reversal defs that bind that seem to be causing the Chizuru problem.  It should be a quick fix.  I'll look into it some time tomorrow.

New KOFE website is up.  Go visit it for all your KOFE needs:

https://mugenkofe.wixsite.com/info
#408  October 29, 2008, 10:38:27 pm
Chizuru has been fixed.   8)  Hitoverrides were missing for some of the helper moves.  She now goes through counters, which can be devastating, but since she's a boss, I can live with it.  Helpers are such a pain.  The coding seems incomplete in some ways.  I'd much rather have the helpers getting grabbed = Chizuru getting grabbed, but I'm not sure that's possible without cloning occurring.

Character update news.  I'll be completing the reflect issue with Athena today.  That'll just leave the DMs and AI.  I will be adding Krizalid to the list and one other.  Initially I wanted to add Neo Dio, but conceiving his moves has been a nightmare.  There were other possibilities, but I've got to be honest here.  I'm running out of moves to give characters.  Plus I've been itching to do an SFer.  Those who know about the early days of the project know about Ryu KOFE who was removed soon after his announcement.  Well, as KOFE's only bonus character,  Gouki will be making it into the game.  Send your hate mail now.  He will use the template set by the Evil Ryu I was working on.  He'll have 6 special moves (including his hooligan combo type move) and 4 DMs (like Rugal).  Instant Hell Murder will be instant death.  If I can find a spriter for this project, he may not last, but as it stands right now, those are the 50 official characters.

#409  October 30, 2008, 01:32:01 am
    • USA
Chizuru has been fixed.   8)  Hitoverrides were missing for some of the helper moves.  She now goes through counters, which can be devastating, but since she's a boss, I can live with it.  Helpers are such a pain.  The coding seems incomplete in some ways.  I'd much rather have the helpers getting grabbed = Chizuru getting grabbed, but I'm not sure that's possible without cloning occurring.

Character update news.  I'll be completing the reflect issue with Athena today.  That'll just leave the DMs and AI.  I will be adding Krizalid to the list and one other.  Initially I wanted to add Neo Dio, but conceiving his moves has been a nightmare.  There were other possibilities, but I've got to be honest here.  I'm running out of moves to give characters.  Plus I've been itching to do an SFer.  Those who know about the early days of the project know about Ryu KOFE who was removed soon after his announcement.  Well, as KOFE's only bonus character,  Gouki will be making it into the game.  Send your hate mail now.  He will use the template set by the Evil Ryu I was working on.  He'll have 6 special moves (including his hooligan combo type move) and 4 DMs (like Rugal).  Instant Hell Murder will be instant death.  If I can find a spriter for this project, he may not last, but as it stands right now, those are the 50 official characters.
SF, huh? You don't say. You got my support and the support of your fans. Isn't that right?
 :kugoi: :suttrox: :lugoi: :2thumbsup: :afro: :crowngrin: :hair: :hair2: :thumbsup: :wideeyed: :wink3: :wiseguy: :wry: :gugoi: :nutrox: :yeses: :yesgoi: :hump: :yugoi: :beamgoi:<=====Fans of Swipergod: (cheers and applause)
#410  October 30, 2008, 07:21:58 am
Just want to wish you luck on your ambitious project and report a bug i found on Mr. karate.  There was a few times he would clone himself, mainly on recovery rolls.  Anyway, great job so far, good luck.
#411  October 30, 2008, 08:59:59 pm
Thanks Shaggy.  That glitch occurs because you may have modified the KOFE Mugen system or maybe aren't using it.  The recovery rolls had a helper called "tech bonus" that would've popped up every time you recovered, but I nixed it.  The code still exists in the characters, but only as an unhittable helper.  If you use a non-KOFE character, or have modified the engine I included with the release or the character code, that may be triggering your cloning issue.  Other than that, I can't duplicate this glitch, so I'm not sure what else it could be.

Thank you kindly Uche.

Athena's just got her SDM and HSDM to go.  She'll be a Sunday release for sure.  I'm thinking of skipping Benimaru for Andy and coming back to him after.  I'd like to finish a team and nothing's really stopping me from doing Andy.

#412  November 01, 2008, 07:06:43 pm
Edit:  Athena's vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVd7wGvBLtc

Athena's moveset is now complete.  Like Iori, I wanted to make her HSDM interlude something different then the norm.  I've included a pic below to show what the result was.  Looks better when animated.  I'll be post a vid in a little while so, check back soon.

Major changes done to Athena:

Stabilizing the Phoenix arrow and fang arrow moves.  The number of hits were so random depending on how big your opponent was and how far you were.  Now, there's a ceiling for each (3 hits for weak, 5 for strong, 12 for DM and 21 for SDM) and Athena's more likely to get the full amount of hits now.

The juggling for Shining Crystal Bit has been reduced.  It now only does 2 hits.  This increases its reliability.  Since most of Athena's other moves are relatively weak, SCB is one of the strongest HSDMs in the game.

Psycho Shot is a DM and has pop up properties.  With some skill, you can chain the slow PS into the SDM Fang Arrow for some sweet damage.  You can also chain the weak PS into a strong PS.

Athena has 2 reflect effects.  Her weak one reflects fireballs, her strong one absorbs fireballs, filling a bit less than 1/3 of 1 level.

Changed her classic "sneeze taunt".  I'm not really a fan of it.  She now wishes her opponent good luck and winks at them.

She'll be released tomorrow after I finish her AI.  I'll also be releasing a fixed Chizuru (I've also fixed the animation for her P throw) and an updated Vanessa in the pack.

Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 09:05:37 pm by swipergod
#413  November 02, 2008, 01:21:51 am
    • USA
Edit:  Athena's vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVd7wGvBLtc

Athena's moveset is now complete.  Like Iori, I wanted to make her HSDM interlude something different then the norm.  I've included a pic below to show what the result was.  Looks better when animated.  I'll be post a vid in a little while so, check back soon.

Major changes done to Athena:

Stabilizing the Phoenix arrow and fang arrow moves.  The number of hits were so random depending on how big your opponent was and how far you were.  Now, there's a ceiling for each (3 hits for weak, 5 for strong, 12 for DM and 21 for SDM) and Athena's more likely to get the full amount of hits now.

The juggling for Shining Crystal Bit has been reduced.  It now only does 2 hits.  This increases its reliability.  Since most of Athena's other moves are relatively weak, SCB is one of the strongest HSDMs in the game.

Psycho Shot is a DM and has pop up properties.  With some skill, you can chain the slow PS into the SDM Fang Arrow for some sweet damage.  You can also chain the weak PS into a strong PS.

Athena has 2 reflect effects.  Her weak one reflects fireballs, her strong one absorbs fireballs, filling a bit less than 1/3 of 1 level.

Changed her classic "sneeze taunt".  I'm not really a fan of it.  She now wishes her opponent good luck and winks at them.

She'll be released tomorrow after I finish her AI.  I'll also be releasing a fixed Chizuru (I've also fixed the animation for her P throw) and an updated Vanessa in the pack.

I look forward to trying out the latest version of M.U.G.E.N. KOFE.
#414  November 02, 2008, 07:42:41 pm
Athena has been posted here: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=89047.0

Last second fixes include changing her stage music to the XI special theme (Wounded Blue Moon) and giving her a special intro with Kyo.

Also included in the package are small fixes to Vanessa and Kyo (a super spark fix and special intro addition), plus Chizuru's major bug fix pointed out above plus cleaner animation for her P throw.

It'll be a little bit for I start up with Benimaru.  Until then, enjoy!

#415  November 03, 2008, 02:30:50 am
Great work! :)
#416  November 03, 2008, 08:09:34 am
support your project forever.

thanks for your hard work
#417  November 03, 2008, 04:07:22 pm
    • USA
Athena has been posted here: http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=89047.0

Last second fixes include changing her stage music to the XI special theme (Wounded Blue Moon) and giving her a special intro with Kyo.

Also included in the package are small fixes to Vanessa and Kyo (a super spark fix and special intro addition), plus Chizuru's major bug fix pointed out above plus cleaner animation for her P throw.

It'll be a little bit for I start up with Benimaru.  Until then, enjoy!
What are your plans for Benimaru Nikado?
#418  November 03, 2008, 04:20:02 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
yah, his kof xii dm should be easy to recreate.
#419  November 03, 2008, 08:20:10 pm
    • USA
Has anyone noticed this bug?

It occureed when Kyo interrupted one of Leona's DM/SDM/I don't know what kind of M(I really don't).

BC

#420  November 03, 2008, 08:52:52 pm
    • UK
mayb a nothitby is needed?

usually thats what happens when your helper is hit, or you accidently added a blue collision to it

if your talking about the clone...
Accepting commissions