YesNoOk

Krillin (Read 8851 times)

Started by ButterKnife, April 22, 2014, 06:35:21 pm
Share this topic:
Krillin
#1  April 22, 2014, 06:35:21 pm
    • margarine.knife@gmail.com
I'm sad there's no good Krillin out there and I'm sick of using the sprites from the crappy Sega game, so I'm making my own from scratch. I've only got idle so far, but I'm going to try to see it through at least long enough to get a decent character going. I've never actually made a Mugen sprite before.

Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 06:40:41 pm by ButterKnife
Re: Krillin
#2  April 22, 2014, 06:50:28 pm
Looks good. But can you change the face of Krillen?
He looks more curious then just mad. Also the eyes he should look straight ahead, not looking up.

Overall good work so far.
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#3  April 22, 2014, 06:55:12 pm
Hmm...
- Strange stance for a fighter. I don't think Krillin would stand like that in a fight. You could look up for one of his stances he had in the Budokai games.
- The face looks like he is questioning something, like "What?!?"; it must be the eyebrows. The belt movement doesn't loop correctly in all the animation.
- The pants change shading everytime.
- What lightsource have you decided? In the pants and boots the light comes from above, in his skin it comes in front of him.
- His right arm (in your left) muscle becomes bigger in a frame (I know what you wanted to do, but it had to be done in the other frames too, and not so evident).

I can say it needs more work, but it's not a bad start.

Can you post it in the original size, please?
Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 07:03:58 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#4  April 22, 2014, 07:05:32 pm
    • margarine.knife@gmail.com
I'm going for uneasy instead of angry and confident. My plan for him is for him to be kind of cowardly unsure of himself, but not like a joke character. I want him to have counters and triple jumps and things like that. but think of how he looks when he knows he's going up against someone way stronger than him (Which is usually the case in DBZ)
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110710022531/dragonball/images/e/ee/GohanAndKrillinScaredOfGinyu.jpg
 I guess I could make his face tougher. Maybe put his brows down but keep him wide-eyed.

And he's in scale with the Z2 characters, so it looked weird with him looking straight. He would be looking straight into the crotch of a lot of characters. He's a short guy.

Here's original size:

Stance is based on this thing he does.
http://www.ultrapublications.com/lkshomepage/dbz/images/dbz/krillin.jpg

I could probably make his arms wider.
Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 07:18:51 pm by ButterKnife
#5  April 23, 2014, 01:34:48 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
nice start. I think he needs some movement on the feet, plus his left hand seams that he is about to play Jakenpo :)