demitri
88 (33.5%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Re: darstalkers
#21  July 04, 2014, 10:46:05 pm
  • Summon me and maybe I can appear.
    • Skype - https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hades
    • varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Aww too bad Zabel isn't in the poll, is my favorite Darkstalker :(, and others excellent Darkstalkers like Anakaris, Sasquatch, Pyron, Jedah  :-\
Contact me if you want a color separation, or mugen stuff or if you wanna give a donation I appreciate.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=MVVTGXPXYA9NN
My channel on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/claudiohades
With the links of my chars
My site with my chars and my color separations:
https://varohades.wixsite.com/varohadesmugen
Subscribe to my Twitch and nice chars will come:
https://www.twitch.tv/varo_hadesgameplays
#22  July 04, 2014, 11:03:37 pm
  • No guts No glory..
something everyone knows about darstalkers sprites are the black artline(contours,edges etc) i think  even just doing a proper CS(not shading or else) the sprites could be looking great   better
#23  July 04, 2014, 11:09:27 pm
  • #1 Boss Lady
    • UK
Donovan Demitri and Talbain :l
#24  July 04, 2014, 11:34:29 pm
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
As far as the lineart goes, making it a bit cleaner via color separation or whatever would be nice, but personally I'd recommend that it still stay fairly sharp and distinct. Like closer to SFA or SF3 than CvS. Darkstalkers sprites are heavily reliant on linework and contours, but I've seen some attempts at revamps of Darkstalkers sprites than downplay the lineart too much and it ends up looking sort of smudgy and formless. All of this is just my 2 cents, of course.
#25  July 05, 2014, 12:31:08 am
  • MFG's Slowest Character Editor
    • USA
"You may select up to 3 options" might as well be "You may select up to 2 options in addition to Demitri" lol

But, seriously, I'd love to see Demitri's SvC sprites converted.
#26  July 05, 2014, 12:41:38 am
  • No guts No glory..
first of all i should check any version of him...unused stuff, maybe an hybrid beetwen svc and the tipical demitri.....
#27  July 05, 2014, 12:42:56 am
    • Brazil
    • anothermkfan@gmail.com
yes, good luck man, i love your stuff.
#28  July 09, 2014, 03:08:29 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
Demitri, Talbain and Hsien-Ko.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#29  July 09, 2014, 03:24:11 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
first of all i should check any version of him...unused stuff, maybe an hybrid beetwen svc and the tipical demitri.....

His taller sprites sets would be from the horrible CFJ, which is an update of his ds sprites because of how short he was, and his SVC sprite sheet is great.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#30  July 09, 2014, 04:48:07 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
His SvC sprites just feel like they're missing a certain je ne se quois that makes Demitri, Demitri. There's nothing wrong with his CFJ set, despite that game's failings.
#31  July 09, 2014, 04:50:10 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Aw, man. No love for Huitzil and Sasquatch. Voted for Donovan.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#32  July 09, 2014, 08:10:09 pm
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
His SvC sprites just feel like they're missing a certain je ne se quois that makes Demitri, Demitri. There's nothing wrong with his CFJ set, despite that game's failings.

Yes, sprites were great in that game J. The CFJ sprite sheet sounds perfect to use, and I love the original fighting stance; the one in SVC is kinda offock.
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#33  July 10, 2014, 12:41:38 am
  • A frame here, a pixel there.
Aw, man. No love for Huitzil and Sasquatch. Voted for Donovan.
Huitzil would be an awfully big undertaking considering that his sprite set changes a lot between each game and he also has a bunch of unused/unfinished stuff. I've ripped it all, so I know how much it adds up to.
Yeah, I sorta know what you mean. The SvC sprites on their own are really cool and all, but they're bit too... serious and dark. It's lacking that slightly cheesy, cartoony quality that Darkstalkers has.
#34  July 10, 2014, 12:53:07 am
  • Staying Alive
    • Panama
Well, SvC Demitri set is a more serious vision cause KOF style spriting is a bit more realistic and less cartoony. I really prefer the SvC spriteset cause it doesn´t cartoony and it looks amazing with that new serious re-imagined devil vampire image, it is a matter of preference :P

Voted Talbain, Donovan and... Donovan.
Chilling
#35  July 10, 2014, 02:32:00 am
    • USA
Yeah but Darkstalkers is just a fundamentally goofy series, it just feels wrong to see serious and toned down Demitri!
#36  July 10, 2014, 02:59:51 am
  • Because Card Fighters Clash 2 wasn't quite as good
Jon Talbain FTW!!!
#37  July 10, 2014, 04:01:15 am
  • No guts No glory..
maybe i can find a mid-point beetwen dark/serious toned down and cartooned demitri,we'll find out when i get there .....i give k' a month more (maybe  a few weeks)
#38  July 10, 2014, 04:30:07 am
  • You ugly! We fix!
Interesting debate. Personally, I really like the "dark" serious Demitri. Actually, having those sprites converted would be really something, pretty much giving the community a new take on a classic albeit "goofy" character and design. Hope to see SvC style mostly if you end up mixing. Now I'm looking forward to it!
These palettes better make me cum rainbows when I see them.
#39  July 12, 2014, 11:14:32 am
    • USA
Boo dark and serious Demitri! Boo midpoint! Capcom made Demitri, they know best! Darkstalkers/CFJ Demitri to victory!!!
#40  July 12, 2014, 04:47:47 pm
  • No guts No glory..

Boo dark and serious Demitri! Boo midpoint! Capcom made Demitri, they know best! Darkstalkers/CFJ Demitri to victory!!!

what a reaction.. XD jajajajajaajaj