YesNoOk

Randomselect gone for good? (Read 6381 times)

Started by volzzilla, February 20, 2012, 07:33:14 pm
Share this topic:
Randomselect gone for good?
#1  February 20, 2012, 07:33:14 pm
    • mugenmultiverse.fanbb.net/
gone for good, or just a temp thing?
Re: Randomselect gone for good?
#2  February 20, 2012, 07:39:57 pm
    • USA
I predict its temporary since it says "Under Construction."
#3  February 20, 2012, 08:24:54 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
#4  February 20, 2012, 08:34:44 pm
    • Mexico
We can pretty much consider their MUGEN stuff offline, specially with old school  authors like Splode having their works hosted there.
#5  February 20, 2012, 08:52:18 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
Wasn't usually most of the stuff that was uploaded there outdated?
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#6  February 20, 2012, 09:09:47 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Well with it we also lost a TON of information, including the complete list of optional anim standards.

I talked with KFM, too, those MUGEN boards were wiped for good.

I also think I recall him saying he wants us to host some of the stuff that was there, including TAC. OrochiKOF97 we're supposed to be hosting, anyway, after the updates he had planned (wonder what he's doing?).
#7  February 20, 2012, 09:11:22 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
And there's no way to recover that info? Does anybody have an alternative place where it was kept?
#8  February 20, 2012, 09:12:19 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#9  February 20, 2012, 09:12:30 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
It WAS here but the archives were lost in the change to Neo Guild.
#10  February 20, 2012, 09:22:12 pm
    • USA
It WAS here but the archives were lost in the change to Neo Guild.
No, it was here, and still IS here. It's just that KFM deleted all of his posts in that thread, for some reason. Fortunately webarchive still has them. Even so, the thread itself was pretty outdated and missing a lot of things, things only on Random Select.

And now, all those moments lost in time; gone, like eggs off a hooker's stomach.

Time to die.
#11  February 20, 2012, 09:29:47 pm
why didn't he just move those mugen posts to an archive? it's not like the forum had a lot of posts to begin with.
#12  February 20, 2012, 09:41:17 pm
    • France
Even so, the thread itself was pretty outdated and missing a lot of things, things only on Random Select.
Are you talking about the optional anims only, or some other topics ? If you're talking about optional anims, when was the topic last updated on RS ? I have an archive of this topic the dates from December 2005 on my computer. Dunno if it contains stuff your new topic has or not.
#13  February 20, 2012, 09:50:00 pm
    • USA
Even so, the thread itself was pretty outdated and missing a lot of things, things only on Random Select.
Are you talking about the optional anims only, or some other topics ? If you're talking about optional anims, when was the topic last updated on RS ? I have an archive of this topic the dates from December 2005 on my computer. Dunno if it contains stuff your new topic has or not.
Optional anims only. I have no idea when it was last updated, but I know it's more up-to-date then the one on Guild was. The only thing I remember for sure that was on there was gloomy puppet show.
#14  February 20, 2012, 10:05:32 pm
    • France
My archive doesn't have it...

Anyway, here's what I have. I'm too lazy to check right now, but you can take a look, and if you see something that isn't in your topic, feel free to add it :
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3f05bf
#15  February 21, 2012, 02:06:05 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Well, this sucks. RandomSelect was one of the first Mugen sites I ever visited during my initial hoarding phase. Now it's a memory... Like those stolen eggs off of that Hooker's belly.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#16  February 21, 2012, 02:26:11 am
    • dsarena.free.fr
#17  February 21, 2012, 02:52:58 am
so little confused by the replies. all the chars, they will be hosted again or no?
#18  February 21, 2012, 04:01:10 am
    • Mexico
They will only be hosted again if their respective authors find alternate hosting for them, so we won't see many of them online for a while, if not ever.
#19  February 21, 2012, 08:14:34 am
    • France
Hopefully XCB will build a site on his own since he's still active, somehow.
But some other creators would really need hosting, such as Splode.

#20  February 21, 2012, 10:37:50 am
    • USA
#21  February 21, 2012, 10:45:22 am
    • France
You're welcome. ;)
#22  February 21, 2012, 10:50:49 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
he could have just given that stuff to be hosted by jz, I dont think jz would have minded at all. 
#23  February 21, 2012, 11:08:45 am
    • USA
I talked with KFM, too, those MUGEN boards were wiped for good.
I didn't see this before.

GOD
FUCKING
DAMMIT

What the fuck. Why. You useless piece of shit. One of the only good things you've ever done and you wiped it away in an incredibly idiotic attempt to get people to visit your very dead forum. But hey I guess it's really important to provide a place to hang out and talk about classic video games, because there is no other place to do that on the internet. None at all. So thanks again KFM, you're leaving a great legacy behind you: deleting the Guild, throwing temper tantrums over ridiculous shit, and now this.

Good job.
#24  February 21, 2012, 11:11:10 am
    • France
JMorphman's state of mind :
Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:15:03 am by Cybaster
#25  February 21, 2012, 11:18:11 am
    • Thailand
How did Jmorphman come to that conclusion? I don't even.
#26  February 21, 2012, 11:21:53 am
    • USA
How did Jmorphman come to that conclusion? I don't even.
that random select topic cybaster linked to said:
It's been years since I opened this place, and we've changed servers several times since then. I'm not even going to open with a long winded discussion and instead cut it brief. I'm going to go through and systematically tear down the website, and rebuild it.

I always wanted this place to be more than Mugen, and to be a place for people to come to and relax. I always wanted to do something with and for classic gaming too, something I've felt for years hasn't been as available.
#27  February 21, 2012, 11:29:13 am
say that the forum was dead and nobody visited it
complain that its content was deleted, because it was the only place where it was at
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#28  February 21, 2012, 11:30:30 am
    • Thailand

But you made it seem like an overall bad thing that he wants to change his site around so more people can come to his site. What is wrong with that? If he wants to quit Mugen forever and do other things, what's the big deal? P.o.t.S did it.

I don't know, your post seemed, like, unduly angry. :P
#29  February 21, 2012, 11:38:22 am
    • France
Angry that a lot of valuable Mugen information available nowhere other than at RS was deleted, even the backups, for whatever reason, without noticing anybody.
#30  February 21, 2012, 11:41:43 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
and without giving those backups ( that are now deleted) to people like jz that would gladly host them or port over content from them.
#31  February 21, 2012, 11:43:29 am
    • Thailand
You guys really think that was done because he wanted to keep his privates? I don't know about that. But okay.

The only thing worth something was Reika by Taruse, anyway! ;P
#32  February 21, 2012, 11:44:17 am
Did he have a contract saying he had to do that ? Did anyone think of copying the posts into a text file because the forum was dead ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#33  February 21, 2012, 11:45:34 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You guys really think that was done because he wanted to keep his privates? I don't know about that. But okay.

The only thing worth something was Reika by Taruse, anyway! ;P
No one said that. ( or at least I didnt )  Just pointing out the oddity.
#34  February 21, 2012, 11:48:45 am
    • USA
complain that its content was deleted, because it was the only place where it was at
Ever hear of something called hyperbole? But yeah, RandomSelect hasn't been a very active place. I don't think anyone is gonna argue that it wasn't.

But you made it seem like an overall bad thing that he wants to change his site around so more people can come to his site. What is wrong with that? If he wants to quit Mugen forever and do other things, what's the big deal? P.o.t.S did it.
PotS left all his stuff up, but even if he didn't, it wouldn't really compare to this. KFM had a giant selection of hosted works that are not gonna get hosted anywhere again, and there was a bunch of valuable information in those forums too. If he didn't want to pay for the costs of hosting all that stuff, that's perfectly understandable, he could've given it to Trinity to host (not sure if that would've been ok with people who are offline but whatever, just do it for the people still active). The stuff on the message boards is what really gets me. He's still gonna be running the site, so it's not like those threads are gonna be costing him extra or anything. And if he really didn't want them anymore, he really should've told someone so that they could preserve all the information there.

I don't know, your post seemed, like, unduly angry. :P
No kidding. I am SUPER angry. >:[

Did he have a contract saying he had to do that ? Did anyone think of copying the posts into a text file because the forum was dead ?
Of course he didn't have to do anything he didn't want to. But that doesn't mean I can't criticize him for his idiotic decisions.

And how the fuck could anyone copy the posts into a text file? By the time anyone knew it was gone, it was gone. No one would do that while the topics were still up because they expected the topics to still exist.
#35  February 21, 2012, 11:55:49 am
Great, first Megaupload and now randomselect is gone.
What's next?
Feel free to use my account:
Username: GTAguy
Password: imanigger
#36  February 21, 2012, 11:56:09 am
Ever hear of something called hyperbole? But yeah, RandomSelect hasn't been a very active place. I don't think anyone is gonna argue that it wasn't.
I'm not talking about your comment that it was dead. It was. I'm talking about how you're complaining that it was deleted, after saying nobody visited it.
But that doesn't mean I can't criticize him for his idiotic decisions.
It's an idiotic decision because you don't like it ? Because he didn't care to keep things that you wanted to still be hosted somewhere ?

And how the fuck could anyone copy the posts into a text file? By the time anyone knew it was gone, it was gone. No one would do that while the topics were still up because they expected the topics to still exist.
So you were taking for granted that he would give you a one week/month warning before deleting his own forum, because he would care enough that you don't want it to disappear.
#37  February 21, 2012, 12:03:25 pm
Some of the good tools there are gone like velcalculator, I still use it and luckily I download it before it is gone but it is still sad that one of a good site such as Randomselect is gone :'(

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#38  February 21, 2012, 12:13:56 pm
    • USA
I'm not talking about your comment that it was dead. It was. I'm talking about how you're complaining that it was deleted, after saying nobody visited it.
Again, people obviously still visited it, I know I did whenever I was checking the animation thread. It may have been inactive, but it still had valuable stuff on it.

It's an idiotic decision because you don't like it ? Because he didn't care to keep things that you wanted to still be hosted somewhere ?
No, it's an idiotic decision for the reasons I already outlined above.

So you were taking for granted that he would give you a one week/month warning before deleting his own forum, because he would care enough that you don't want it to disappear.
... yes? I mean, that's not unreasonable, is it?
#39  February 21, 2012, 01:07:21 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Yay, I didn't announce it this time! :D
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#40  February 21, 2012, 01:32:16 pm
... yes? I mean, that's not unreasonable, is it?
It's reasonable to think he could have done it. It's not reasonable to take it for granted. It's the Internet, nobody has any obligation to do what others want if they don't care.
#41  February 21, 2012, 01:52:19 pm
imagine if i suddenly decided mugen is dumb and stupid and i hate it so i wipe every mugen post from the forum. also every hosted mugen person. i decide to turn this forum into a forum about custom rock band files. enjoy the rock band musicians guild everybody! posts with valuable information are lost and people aren't hosted anymore and have to find something else

this is the same thing except on a much smaller scale so of course it's natural some people would be pissed. why is that hard to understand
#42  February 21, 2012, 01:57:56 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
I'm worried about RS like many of you, especially for all the hosted stuff it has this site, but don't care about KFM and his crew (but XCB and Ironmugen), if he wanted to retire, that's his problem.

Various of you know creators who has hosted stuff there or you're friends of them (like Splode, LMX90 and Tenshin), you can talk with them to host their stuff in other websites of yours (or even a MediaFire account a la Warusaki3)

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#43  February 21, 2012, 02:00:56 pm
    • USA
It's reasonable to think he could have done it. It's not reasonable to take it for granted. It's the Internet, nobody has any obligation to do what others want if they don't care.
Of course he's not obligated, but I'm free to criticize his actions regardless.
#44  February 21, 2012, 02:01:13 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
no dont worry everyone the glorious kung fu man will make his grand comeback and save scrubs from their noobitude with the power of hosted works in around a few months

in the meantime we have recorded his inspiring words in the KFM.txt, to be shared to all present
#45  February 21, 2012, 02:02:10 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#46  February 21, 2012, 02:03:40 pm
    • Chile
Sir, you've a good point there 8)

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#47  February 21, 2012, 02:50:32 pm
this is the same thing except on a much smaller scale so of course it's natural some people would be pissed. why is that hard to understand
I precisely wanted to bring up the possibility that Valodim would just stop paying and wipe the host. Why not ?
I'm not saying anything about people being pissed. I'm saying it's not reasonable to just assume you'd get a warning. What is hard to understand here ?
#48  February 21, 2012, 03:31:39 pm
    • France
I'm saying it's not reasonable to just assume you'd get a warning.
I'm saying it IS reasonable to just assume you'd get a warning. Out of respect for the people you've been hosting for years, out of respect for people who've been coming there for years, etc. And because it's common courtesy to notify people when you make such a change.

Should I start saving every single topic on the whole internet because, you never know, the FBI could soon put offline every single site in the world ?

#49  February 21, 2012, 03:44:26 pm
I'm saying it IS reasonable to just assume you'd get a warning.
Okay, so what if the server simply burned one day along with all kinds of backups ? What if someone hacked it and deleted everything ? What if an admin went rogue and crashed it ? (like KFM did here)
Nothing is eternal, shit happens, if you want it kept, keep it somewhere you really consider safe. A random forum on the Internet is not "safe". If you lose something and you didn't do anything specific to save it up, then that's life, shit happens. Losing it like this won't help.
#50  February 21, 2012, 03:49:26 pm
  • SNK is life
Given that we're having this conversation ... I think it's time to save the game.

* walt starts to archive everything he can.
#51  February 21, 2012, 03:51:19 pm
If you consider the fact that RS was a portion of the community (that's the key word here, I think), then he could have had a modicum of courtesy and let us all know that he was taking it down, dunno. I still don't give a rat's behind, but I can understand how people who rely on that publicly-produced info and data can be butthurt over it being lost on a single individual's whim.

I think there's a difference between having an accident and losing all your files and intentionally giving the finger to the people whose contents you hosted.

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=101631.0

rinse and repeat?

Yay, I didn't announce it this time! :D
#52  February 21, 2012, 03:53:06 pm
    • France
With all your examples, then it wouldn't be the owner's fault to begin with. Of course shit happens, but an external attack or a building burning is not the owner's fault to being with, so obviously you wouldn't get a notice. Here, KFM could have just sent a little notice to warn everybody, plan things ahead and tell people to find new hosts.
Nobody is saying he had the obligation to do so, because he hadn't. But people have the right to be mad at the way he handled things and just decided to remove everything without telling anybody beforehand.
#53  February 21, 2012, 03:56:50 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
I think there's a difference between having an accident and losing all your files and intentionally giving the finger to the people whose contents you hosted.

This is basically the main problem in all of this. If it had been something like an accidental loss of that data (read accidental as something KFM didn't plan to happen), we wouldn't have cared that much about it, we just can't predict those things and we can only blame ourselves for not making a copy of the data. But if you intentionally take it down, and probably knowing that it's still useful or people would want the data if it went down but still delete it completely, then I find it normal that people doesn't like that, specially if they weren't warned to make a copy before that happened.
#54  February 21, 2012, 03:57:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
The guild could be invaded and hacked at any time, so im gonna start replacing avatars with random trolls from homestuck. Cuz a hacker might just do that at any point.
#55  February 21, 2012, 03:57:42 pm
    • USA
Man, Cybaster is saying everything I want to say, but better.
#56  February 21, 2012, 04:21:01 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#57  February 21, 2012, 04:36:45 pm
With all your examples, then it wouldn't be the owner's fault to begin with. Of course shit happens, but an external attack or a building burning is not the owner's fault to being with, so obviously you wouldn't get a notice. Here, KFM could have just sent a little notice to warn everybody, plan things ahead and tell people to find new hosts.
Nobody is saying he had the obligation to do so, because he hadn't. But people have the right to be mad at the way he handled things and just decided to remove everything without telling anybody beforehand.
He could have been nice, and people can get angry that he didn't. Again, I'm specifically responding to things Morph said. To note : http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=138952.msg1519810#msg1519810
-calling it an "idiotic decision" when it's at most the act of an asshole, it's senseless to say it's an idiotic decision when that decision is up to the guy himself. You might not like it, it might make him an asshole, but it's just senseless to call it idiotic and saying he made such and such bad decisions. He makes the decisions he wants, too bad if you don't like them.
-KFM already had a track record of nuking stuff when leaving and generally only caring for what he wants, so expecting him to play by the rules and do what would please the community is not that reasonable.
Again, I understand people get pissed that it's gone, I understand that people think he's an asshole for doing it. But no, it's not reasonable to expect him to play by the rules and be nice when you're just in the middle of calling him out on his selfishness and chaotic behavior. I mean, you just said that he's known for doing stuff that pisses off everyone else, like nuking the Guild.
Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:41:15 pm by Byakko
#58  February 21, 2012, 04:43:43 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Last Edit: Today at 09:41:15 am by Byakko

dude, chill a bit.
#59  February 21, 2012, 04:51:20 pm
no
#60  February 21, 2012, 04:54:56 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#61  February 21, 2012, 04:55:07 pm
-calling it an "idiotic decision" when it's at most the act of an asshole, it's senseless to say it's an idiotic decision when that decision is up to the guy himself.
With that criteria, no free willed idiotic decisions exist at all. Or, better yet, what would you then consider an 'idiotic decision'?

-KFM already had a track record of nuking stuff when leaving and generally only caring for what he wants, so expecting him to play by the rules and do what would please the community is not that reasonable.
Oh, so just because he was a jerk a couple times (over the span of what, eight years?) towards some people, the whole community was supposed to suspect he was gonna act up and blow up the place, and paranoidly back up everything daily in case he snapped? :P

C'mon, you are not making any sense (at least to me). What point are you trying to make, and why? It sounds like you want to defend him due to personal affinities and whatnot, yet you agree with most of the posters here.
#62  February 21, 2012, 04:58:12 pm
    • USA
He makes the decisions he wants, too bad if you don't like them.
I can say if his decisions are idiotic, too bad if you don't like it.

But no, it's not reasonable to expect him to play by the rules and be nice when you're just in the middle of calling him out on his selfishness and chaotic behavior.
I haven't seen ANYONE "calling him out" or even making a major mention of KFM in all the time I've been here, until now.

Oh, so just because he was a jerk a couple times (over the span of what, eight years?) towards some people
I think deleting an entire forum out of pettiness goes far and beyond being just a jerk.
#63  February 21, 2012, 05:01:54 pm
If you know there are backups and stuff will be easily restored, then it's just being kind of a jerk to me. Of course, Val and the others might disagree, I dunno how much work the restoring took. ;P
#64  February 21, 2012, 05:07:26 pm
With that criteria, no free willed idiotic decisions exist at all. Or, better yet, what would you then consider an 'idiotic decision'?
A decision based on errors and factually wrong assertions. Other than that, what's stupid from one point of view can make perfect sense from another.
Oh, so just because he was a jerk a couple times (over the span of what, eight years?) towards some people
It's been my understanding for all this time that he was considered one of the notable jerks of the community. So yes, I'm wondering why people get surprised when he does it again.
and paranoidly back up everything daily in case he snapped?
People have been complaining about the loss of specific topics, like the list of special animations. This is very easy to back up, and it makes pefect sense to want it to be saved on different places. It's not "everything" and it's certainly not "paranoid". Hell, Mugen Guild has archived a few topics and lists from now-dead forums, and RandomSelect did the same for Guild topics I think.
What point are you trying to make, and why? It sounds like you want to defend him due to personal affinities and whatnot, yet you agree with most of the posters here.
As I said, I'm specifically responding to things Morph said. How does it seem like I'm defending KFM, when I agree what he did was the act of an asshole ?

I haven't seen ANYONE "calling him out" or even making a major mention of KFM in all the time I've been here, until now.
Uh... What ? For one, that's likely because he's been inactive for most of the time frame where you've been here. For another, if that's the case, why did you yourself go all gung-ho on "deleting the Guild, throwing temper tantrums over ridiculous shit", calling those topics "the only good things you've ever done" ? If you know about that, you know of how much hate he's gotten for that.
Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 05:12:25 pm by Byakko
#65  February 21, 2012, 05:16:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
are you quoting and answering yourself?

my bad, you are quoting lasombra, i thought you were quoting jmorphman exclusively.
#66  February 21, 2012, 06:34:46 pm
i could upload some of the tools and whatever else and create a section for it at cvg. but i'd need a little direction if anyone wanted me to do that sorta thing.
#67  February 21, 2012, 07:21:20 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Very thought provoking and in-depth stuff here.

What I don't understand is that why wouldn't you back anything up or re-host anywhere else where people clearly won't mind doing so?? Hell, I'm sure you admin's here wouldn't have mind making a KFM Guild Network section.

It's a shame to see this happen. RandomSelect was one of my very first places that I visited.  :'(

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#68  February 21, 2012, 07:30:34 pm
    • France
#69  February 21, 2012, 08:27:07 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
it's funny because he's biased against KFM
#70  February 21, 2012, 08:30:59 pm
    • France
I know.
#71  February 21, 2012, 08:34:51 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
whaaaaaaaaaaa-~x

DMK

#72  February 21, 2012, 10:00:00 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
Despite all that info we had here, we never bothered to copy paste some of it into a topic under Development or Guides? Fuck.

At least for those post there is always web archive right? Cybaster you confirmed alot of it was still there?
#73  February 21, 2012, 10:53:35 pm
    • France
I just saved one topic some time ago. Jmorphman was the one who checked on Webarchive I think.
#74  February 21, 2012, 11:10:19 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
Ie vne forgot what topics were worht salvaging, it's worth mentioning since i have a few already saved.
#75  February 21, 2012, 11:11:32 pm
    • USA
#76  February 21, 2012, 11:54:14 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
does not ring a bell, but I will check at home anyway.
#77  February 22, 2012, 12:55:46 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I just saved one topic some time ago. Jmorphman was the one who checked on Webarchive I think.
I did. it wasnt there. I used a work around by searching the threads created on guild about it, but found out that he had deleted all his posts here inside it as well.
Thus I used wayback machine and checked the same thread in it. found something from a long time ago that still had some material.

Bea

#78  February 22, 2012, 12:11:48 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Well, all the content that was being hosted on my server is still on my server.
It's most stuff from 2005 and 2008, though.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#79  February 22, 2012, 12:54:01 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I guess i will rehost it within the guild.

edit: after checking through the files... Smee was actually the one hosting all those people and tools all this time    º____º

The files still exist, they are safe and sound. tools, chars, everything, im backing those up as well .
#80  February 22, 2012, 01:37:28 pm
    • Chile
Various of you know creators who has hosted stuff there or you're friends of them (like Splode, LMX90 and Tenshin), you can talk with them to host their stuff in other websites of yours (or even a MediaFire account a la Warusaki3)
Why don't you listen me?? :'(

Oh, and I found in my disk some of Tenshin's resources, like SFA sparkset and FinishBGs, if some of you can host Tenshin's chars, I can provide you of resources I got

#81  February 22, 2012, 01:43:45 pm
#82  February 22, 2012, 02:05:04 pm
    • France
So Iced, what's the plan from now on ? Creating an archive website linked from the homepage containing most of this stuff ?
#83  February 22, 2012, 02:23:30 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
there are some varied things we could do. one is that we leave them hosted at smees, she prepares some html headers and we link towards it. another is that we host everything inside to take the load off from smee.  I asked val what he would prefer but i think i will be waiting for an answer for a bit at least.

At any rate. this is an open call. ANY of those persons that is active and wants to have an active page on the guild, should talk to me or titiln.
#84  February 22, 2012, 02:54:17 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
So in the end, did you manage to save everything?
#85  February 22, 2012, 06:38:46 pm
cvg would be willing to lessen the load by taking on the marvel chars if it could help or whoever was interested. i'm also about to directly contact shin ryoga about mario.
#86  February 22, 2012, 11:11:27 pm
    • USA
#87  February 23, 2012, 04:42:02 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
nothing was found.
#88  February 23, 2012, 04:54:20 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
temporarily everyone can access everything here:

http://network.mugenguild.com/iced/rs/

We are still discussing how to put those up in a better form.  We will likely leave duplicates on smee's server and guild to ensure those dont get lost.

#89  February 23, 2012, 04:54:28 pm
    • USA
:(
#90  February 23, 2012, 05:39:12 pm
temporarily everyone can access everything here:

http://network.mugenguild.com/iced/rs/

We are still discussing how to put those up in a better form.  We will likely leave duplicates on smee's server and guild to ensure those dont get lost.

i talked to shin ryoga, CVG'll host mario and luigi. you can remove bugya directory as its out of date and bugya keeps up to date whatever in his mediafire folder.

and again, if no one objects we can maybe host splode, cloudius, corntortillas, and sunboys marvel stuff.
#91  February 23, 2012, 05:44:42 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
We arent going to divide stuff.  you do whatever you want.  We are likely to leave the duplicate with just a warning that its an archive.
#92  February 23, 2012, 06:09:43 pm
We arent going to divide stuff.  you do whatever you want.  We are likely to leave the duplicate with just a warning that its an archive.

from your comment on temporary, i thought you were meaning if alternative arrangements were found. at least remove the bugya thing.
#93  February 23, 2012, 06:37:58 pm
oh no that ddm folder again!!!!!!!!
#94  February 23, 2012, 06:55:43 pm
    • Chile
Hahahaha yeah, I LOL'd reading those reviews (oh, what a times)

And do you have Final Fight Streetwise comic there, Iced?? I thought I was the only one who got it (even I translated to spanish in my comic blog) ;D

Also, as I said before, I got SFA FX from Tenshin in GIF, can I send you to add to his folder??

#95  February 23, 2012, 06:59:53 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#96  February 23, 2012, 09:10:32 pm
    • Thailand
#97  February 23, 2012, 09:16:57 pm
  • Hedgehog Whisperer
  • Red Bull addict
    • Spain
    • xgargoyle.mgbr.net
XGargoyle: Battle posing since 1979
http://xgargoyle.mgbr.net
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/talk?botid=e71c0d43fe35093a  <-- Please click that link
http://paypal.me/XGargoyle  <-- Donations welcome!
#98  February 24, 2012, 01:10:11 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Hey, Kfm contacted me, he gave me this link to share with you guys, it has the stuff his hostees had there and that people might want to save.  He says it will be gone by the end of the month to save up until then. He also asked me to tell you that web archive is working for rs and that if anyone needs to talk with him , you know where to find him.

http://randomselect.piiym.net/hostedx/

Kfm quote:
You might want to post that I did offer JZ to host stuff.
He and Vans werent' sure about it due to the bandwidth issues, and JZ didn't want to host certain people. I actually offered my personal mugen work to them before to retire, and JZ felt they weren't up to snuff

#99  February 24, 2012, 01:49:07 am
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
I've run into a few areas of RS on the web archive that say the web archive server is down  :-\ Hopefully they get that fixed eventually.
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#100  February 24, 2012, 02:02:56 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
It's great to see this stuff back up. I'm downloading accordingly.

However, where's XCB or Big Eli King's stuff?? King's Venom is still one of the best IMO.

#101  February 24, 2012, 02:07:02 am
rs_hosted
#102  February 24, 2012, 02:07:20 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
But, will this mean that the Random Select site is shutting down for good if he is giving us all of this stuff away?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#103  February 24, 2012, 02:11:23 am
#104  February 24, 2012, 02:27:38 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I agree with Walt and Byakko.

I actually have multiple copies of my Mugen stuff. Like 4. Seriously. There was a recurring theme a few years back with Author's HDD's crashing for a short period of time. Progressively "HDD crashes" have turned into "Servers being wiped without backups." I'm hunkering down lie the Mugen Apocalypse is happening. I'm now making a 5th copy.  ;D

#105  February 24, 2012, 03:46:01 am
#106  February 24, 2012, 04:06:51 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Syo's link unfortunately does not work : (.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#107  February 24, 2012, 04:25:44 am
http://randomselect.piiym.net/ is back up but it's an old copy and some links still point to piiymnet.com instead of piiym.net so you'll have to fix them manually
#108  February 24, 2012, 04:42:11 am
  • Most Dangerous Mugen
    • USA
    • caddie.smeenet.org
#109  February 24, 2012, 04:42:54 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
I HAVE BEEN SPENDING THE LAST 2-3 YEARS FIXING THOSE MISTAKES OF MINE AND IT IS WORKING, STOP THAT >(
#110  February 24, 2012, 11:06:51 am
    • USA
#111  February 24, 2012, 12:07:25 pm
#112  February 24, 2012, 03:04:22 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
This is how you recognize a character is polished or not : when small details are taken care of to provide the best experience possible.
#113  February 24, 2012, 03:21:25 pm
remove the x :ssh:
#114  February 24, 2012, 10:07:56 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
#115  February 25, 2012, 03:37:58 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
so for what i understood all of this could have been avoided if someone had asked kfm for a backup, or am i wrong?
#116  February 25, 2012, 03:45:01 pm
Welcome to the Internet

If anyone still has questions
KFM at RS said:
Well at the very least that ramble at Guild stopped...just took me propping up a skeleton of the old site for hosting purposes. To be honest I figured people had stopped visiting. Like I expected though, it related to the tap being shut off. Well, don't worry, I'll keep a legacy section up.

I do want to emphasize that I'm rather easy to reach, and Jesuszilla isn't a spokesman. If anyone can speak on behalf of RS you should realize by now it'll be Eli (he owns this server) or Sion (she maintains it), if not myself or one of the admins. If you have a question or want to know what happened to something, we have a forum here for a reason. Hell I have my email right on the website. I am not going to keep an eye on a forum I'm banned at just because you're annoyed.

With that said, BBH's works have been removed since he's now hosted at TrinityMugen. Please feel free to go there. Broken links will be fixed on the site over time.

Now can I keep working on what I wanted to?
Oh snap.
Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 03:50:11 pm by Byakko
#117  February 25, 2012, 03:59:09 pm
KFM at RS said:
I am not going to keep an eye on a forum I'm banned at
he still checks it daily lol
#118  February 25, 2012, 04:09:32 pm
There's a difference between checking it out for news and scrutinizing every single topic that might mention his name. I only come here for the fighting game section mostly and only occasionally come to the WIP or discussion sections.
#119  February 26, 2012, 12:15:27 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
?
Then why has he spent a good few hours trying to convince me to unban him a few days ago?

Also back in 2011, and 2010.

why so nonchallant now.
#120  February 26, 2012, 12:37:26 am
Because why would you ask me that as if I knew everything about him and as if I wasn't just making a comment on what Titiln said
« Reply #118 on: Today at 12:15:27 am »
« Last Edit: Today at 12:31:01 am by Iced »
Dude chill
#121  February 26, 2012, 12:49:39 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Im Iced thank you. an edit done 15 minutes later is usually not a sign of being hot and bothered.
#122  February 26, 2012, 01:17:20 am
Not relevant, from observations on recurrent happenings the time frame has nothing to do with the comments it receives
#123  February 26, 2012, 01:17:50 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
What?
#124  February 26, 2012, 01:22:37 am
There's a difference between checking it out for news and scrutinizing every single topic that might mention his name.
i wasn't saying or expecting he should read every thread, but an active thread with his site's name on it probably stands out. one would assume that since he checks the forum daily he would've noticed it or that someone would've told him. it's not a stretch at all. "I am not going to keep an eye on a forum I'm banned at" is fucking pathetic coming from someone that checks it and asks for unbanning that often, regardless of what boards he visits.
#125  February 26, 2012, 01:26:08 am
i wasn't saying or expecting he should read every thread, but an active thread with his site's name on it probably stands out. one would assume that since he checks the forum daily he would've noticed it or that someone would've told him. it's not a stretch at all.
I don't understand the correlation between this an your initial comment.
#126  February 26, 2012, 01:31:35 am
KFM at RS said:
I am not going to keep an eye on a forum I'm banned at
he still checks it daily lol
in this post i'm making fun of that statement because he claims he is not keeping an eye on a forum he's banned at, even though he checks it daily
"I am not going to keep an eye on a forum I'm banned at" is fucking pathetic coming from someone that checks it and asks for unbanning that often, regardless of what boards he visits.
in this post i'm making fun of that statement because he claims he is not keeping an eye on a forum he's banned at, even though he checks it daily
#127  February 26, 2012, 03:36:33 am
    • USA
Im Iced thank you. an edit done 15 minutes later is usually not a sign of being hot and bothered.
Just because your name is Iced doesn't mean you can't be hot and bothered. In fact, I suspect being on fire constantly would make it hard not to be.

you really should go see a doctor about that
#128  February 26, 2012, 07:47:18 am
  • I am Neo Leo! Hear me roar!
Oh what a sad news as I'm re-building my Mugen collection.  :'(
#129  February 26, 2012, 03:51:34 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
downloads at rs are back up and there's even a mirror for all hosted content
#130  February 27, 2012, 02:30:31 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
Then how come I'm not seing it?  Fuck, I every time I check this topic on my main computer, I can see the downloads, but when I get on my MUGEN computer, I can't see them or they've been taken down.  It seems like the downloads move around once a day since he put them up four days ago. :furious:
#131  February 27, 2012, 02:32:33 pm
    • France
Press F5 to refresh your browser.
#132  February 27, 2012, 02:37:42 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
F5 failed.  Got me thinking though it might be a browser issue.  Checked and yep, nothing appears in FireFox, but you can see it in IE.
#133  February 27, 2012, 09:13:08 pm
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
Clear your cache.
#134  February 28, 2012, 04:22:37 pm
  • I ejaculate fire
    • USA
Yep, did the trick.  Thanks for all the help guys.