YesNoOk

Feedback to Warnings/Decisions (Read 864532 times)

Started by Iced, February 24, 2012, 09:43:26 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Feedback to Warnings/Decisions
#1201  April 25, 2013, 10:27:04 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
#1202  April 25, 2013, 10:40:21 pm
The page title is back to "The Mugen Fighters Guild - [Topic title]" in full, wasn't it shortened to "MFG - [Whatever]" at some point ? And it came back after the April's Fool was reverted ? It's a bit of a pain when all your tabs start with a long prefix and you can't tell them apart at a glance.
someone needs to fix this, so get off your lazy butts, admins >:[
These settings cannot be changed because settings is read only.
Val will have to do it.
But Val has come and gone once in the meantime, and apparently he didn't notice because no one notified him I suppose.

@Valodim: tag, you're it.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1203  April 25, 2013, 10:54:43 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
i left him a message about it, lets see if he notices.
#1204  April 26, 2013, 12:13:21 am
    • Germany
I did that during the software change because I didn't think it through, and I reverted it recently because it's a bad idea. The reason is simple: the <title> tag of a website is the most significant piece of data web crawlers use to index sites, having a nondescript acronym like "MFG" as page title noticably reduces search engine visiblity and is a SEO no-go.

I might be able to do something about this with some js, but don't get your hopes up. also, I don't really follow this thread, so it's not a very good place to report this kind of thing
#1205  April 26, 2013, 12:16:39 am
    • www.justnopoint.com/
Is it really that important for Guild to be that accessible to web crawlers at the expense of it's users' accessibility? If MFG was a small site I might see that logic. But I don't see it being an issue with how huge it is and that it's still going to be listed on the 1st page of search engines.

Nevermind. Seems you fixed it :p
Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:25:19 am by Just No Point
#1206  April 26, 2013, 12:25:47 am
    • Germany
#1207  April 26, 2013, 12:26:56 am
Looks great to me, thanks.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#1208  April 26, 2013, 01:57:33 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
About RMH: just ban the guy. He's not listening at all and needs to be silenced.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#1209  April 26, 2013, 03:55:17 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
I don't really follow this thread, so it's not a very good place to report this kind of thing
our bad, we should have brought this issue to twilight's library (then again you were missing lately). are you still having problems getting used to your new pair of wings?

thanks for teh hard work as usual
#1210  April 26, 2013, 04:13:10 am
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
#1211  April 26, 2013, 02:22:17 pm
theres something about the shitthread that makes idiots want to take a crack at pushing their luck. cant put a finger on why
RMH didn't do that because it was the shit thread, he was only continuing something that was started in (and split from) another topic.
#1212  April 26, 2013, 10:00:01 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
Indeed. If I recall correctly, the split came from the Feminist thread in Gaming.
#1213  April 26, 2013, 10:01:15 pm
Yes, Feminist study of games, where she gained money etc. ... and then the argument started (mostly by RMH).
#1214  April 26, 2013, 10:20:57 pm
He's delusional.  Like, I'm legitimately questioning his mental state.  He's fabricated some sort of reality for himself wherein he's some unparalleled intellectual conducting social experiments by "pretending" to start arguments and watching everyone else react.  And anything anyone tells him to the contrary only serves to strengthen his delusion.  To put it less politely:  Dude's head is crammed so far up his ass he's gargling his own tonsils.

I'd say the best course of action would be to ignore him and let this particular instance wither and die with a warning, and the next time he decides to start another "case study" we drop the banhammer on him.

Funny, his flame war with me a few months ago was because I said the same thing...
#1215  April 26, 2013, 10:22:32 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
And I really hope we can do what the quote says and ignore this whole event. Let's not bring it again, please.
#1216  May 04, 2013, 03:46:08 pm
  • a.k.a DuckSS
    • https://synckmugencentral667.000webhostapp.com/
geting maleware on cenobite's 8 stages release in old mugen releases... 
#1217  May 20, 2013, 01:24:39 pm
MBH, if a guy gets banned 3 times for the same thing but is let go every time with a slap on the wrist (even though you know it keeps escalating), you know he's going to do the same thing again. And if he's going to do the same thing again, you DO take his past history into account. It's what you guys do when you say "we give him a short ban this time, and if he does it again we increase it and double it each time". It's exactly taking his past history into account, so you saying what you just said in the warning thread about Zeroz is pretty much denying and going against everything else you've done so far. And no, he hasn't "already paid for his past crime".

Mog

#1218  May 20, 2013, 02:59:21 pm
I also think the only time we should be taking a persons past post history and bans into consideration is when deciding the length of a current ban or punishment.  If someone has been banned before, they paid for the crime so to speak.  Making them pay again by saying it's ok for others to break the rules and insult them isnt fair.

What this means is if I am banned for derailing your threads and insulting you and I serve my ban, that does not give you free rein to break the rules at a later date and use the reasoning that I derailed your threads and insulted you in the past.  Yes I did, but I was punished for that once.  Staff should use my posting and ban history to decide how long to ban me for now.  But it is not fair if they use the reasoning "it's ok for DKDC to break the rules and insult MBH over and over because after all she was banned in the past for insulting him and derailing his threads."
#1219  May 20, 2013, 04:19:20 pm
You're getting it all wrong. You're acting like Zeroz came back and stayed out of trouble and is still getting insulted and punished for something he did in the past. You know he didn't stay out of trouble, and he's getting punished for something he did right now.
You did something, you got banned for it, and then you come back and do the same, this is the situation that's going on here. This isn't "he did something bad in the past, got punished, came back, now a while later he's doing another thing that's also bad or he's getting insulted for something that's in the past". No, it's "he did something bad, got banned, came back and DID IT AGAIN, and he's getting insulted for that". There is exactly a need to look into his post history, to know that it's the same thing and he's not learning.
When Zeroz was going after Sean the last three times, he got banned for a short time and it was like "let's just hope he doesn't do that again, if he does he gets banned some more". Guess what, he did do it again.
When you're letting Zeroz come within 20 feet of Sean, you already know what's going to happen, you know how bad it was the last few times (it wasn't just random insults, Zeroz literally stalked him and mocked him in his profile and everything). You know this guy is going to provoke that guy one way or another, and that guy will react badly to it. And when it does actually happen, that makes it your fault, because you knew it, you could have prevented it, and you did nothing.

Sean didn't come after Zeroz, and you're acting like he did. Sure he overreacted (and even then that's debatable because everyone knows where Zeroz was going ANYWAY), and he needs to learn to keep his calm because he too should know what's going to happen. But you can't say "he should know better", because, hell, YOU should know better. To begin with, the only reason Sean got mad is that you guys let Zeroz come back and stalk Sean some more. You say "just report it" but why would he do that if you keep letting Zeroz go ? That just makes it your fault.
Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:29:37 pm by DKDC
#1220  May 20, 2013, 04:30:00 pm
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
Nevermind, misread one of Sean's posts. Still for permabanning Zeroz.
Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 04:34:12 pm by Loco Nachoz