YesNoOk

Mugen 1.1b crashes unexpectedly (Read 79843 times)

Started by CarmenRider, April 17, 2018, 12:07:50 am
Share this topic:
Mugen 1.1b crashes unexpectedly
#1  April 17, 2018, 12:07:50 am
    • USA
Whenever I'm just playing the game crashes after a certain period of time. I have tried to look up the issue but no luck. I barely use anything but 38 characters, but I still get a crash. Is there any way I can solve this issue?
Re: Mugen 1.1b crashes unexpectedly
#2  April 17, 2018, 12:22:44 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
is it a memory issue? because if it is, have you tried installing that 4gb patch?

here's the link:

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

if it's something else, well, that's all i could think of
#3  April 18, 2018, 06:41:57 pm
    • USA
    • twitter.com/inktrebuchet
Does it crash during a match, before or after the match? Is it when you use certain character?

I'm guessing it doesn't give an error.
#4  June 28, 2018, 11:06:32 pm
    • USA
is it a memory issue? because if it is, have you tried installing that 4gb patch?

here's the link:

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

if it's something else, well, that's all i could think of

Sorry its been awhile, but yes I have gotten that patch

Posted: June 28, 2018, 11:07:18 pm
Does it crash during a match, before or after the match? Is it when you use certain character?

I'm guessing it doesn't give an error.

It happens during a match after, subsequent matches, no it isn't any specific charater
#5  August 01, 2018, 09:04:07 pm
    • USA
Bump
#6  August 01, 2018, 09:10:02 pm
  • commissions open bang my line
    • USA
    • https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/xtayisblackx?country.x=US&locale.x=en_US
it just does that, i've encountered it a few times, but it does that randomly. idk why, more people experience it than others unfortunately. it's just a stability bug in that version
My stages folder:
https://app.mediafire.com/g5pnpb2im4lqa

Want a screenpack ported to ikemen? DM's open
Want a stage remade with parallax & possible super jump? DM's open
#7  August 02, 2018, 03:06:32 am
Whenever I'm just playing the game crashes after a certain period of time. I have tried to look up the issue but no luck. I barely use anything but 38 characters, but I still get a crash. Is there any way I can solve this issue?
maybe you would like to list the 38 characters out? Ikaruga's characters will crash Mugen1.1: http://ikrgmugen.web.fc2.com/index.html if some of your 38 characters contain his creations

when will this personal crises ends? it just won't stop!
#8  August 02, 2018, 11:29:15 pm
  • Vs Style Debuts Tag Project CEO
  • The Dark Wolf Returns
    • USA
This problem usually occurs on computers that have Windows 8 or 10. I don't have this issue on Windows 7 at all and even the 4gb patch doesn't work me wonders in preventing the sudden close issue, which I get after the Vs screen after a certain amount of matches. It may have something to do with the way Windows 8 and 10 computers were built.

This is just a random guess but if you have Windows 8/10 on a laptop and it's NOT a gaming PC... that could be the problem. Idk. There's no clear answer why it does this. Can't be memory issues, that I'm certain of.
Beware the Dark Wolf once more!
#9  August 16, 2018, 10:37:31 pm
    • USA
This problem usually occurs on computers that have Windows 8 or 10. I don't have this issue on Windows 7 at all and even the 4gb patch doesn't work me wonders in preventing the sudden close issue, which I get after the Vs screen after a certain amount of matches. It may have something to do with the way Windows 8 and 10 computers were built.

This is just a random guess but if you have Windows 8/10 on a laptop and it's NOT a gaming PC... that could be the problem. Idk. There's no clear answer why it does this. Can't be memory issues, that I'm certain of.

I have a Windows 10 computer but it's not a laptop. It's a family computer in fact (yeah, yeah, I haven't moved out even though I'm an adult,  blame my mom) so I think you might be right, does using Mugen 1.0 have this issue? If not I'll just use that instead.

Posted: August 16, 2018, 10:38:58 pm
it just does that, i've encountered it a few times, but it does that randomly. idk why, more people experience it than others unfortunately. it's just a stability bug in that version

Yeah I think you got a point, although I assume what Darkwolf said is more plausible. After all this IS a family computer.

Posted: August 18, 2018, 07:33:35 pm
Bump

Bump, again
#10  August 19, 2018, 11:23:19 pm
    • Brazil
ok, long story short, I was looking for something and ended up finding another thing that might come in handy for Mugen users.
I found a .dll wrapper and it fixed a lot if issues that I had with Mugen 1.0!

@BookWormGreen, do u know if ur GPU can handle OpenGL? If yes, u may wanna try the stuff that I'm talking about.
Go to your data\mugen.cfg
Take a look and tell me the "RenderMode" being used, as well the "GameWidth" and "GameHeight"

(In case de RenderMode is different than OpenGL, set it to OpenGL and check if Mugen runs)

#11  August 22, 2018, 01:12:52 am
    • USA
The rendermode is set to "System" but ill try OpenGL and the width and height are 640;1280 480;720
#12  August 23, 2018, 03:51:38 am
    • Brazil
Nice, once you've tried it, let me know if the game works!

(Just as an observation, what is after a ";" in this file, is disregarded by the system. So, the resolution that's running is 640x480... ^^ )
Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 01:27:23 pm by Bullfrog
#13  August 26, 2018, 07:45:29 pm
    • Brazil